Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 06, 2024, 11:17:22 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1691492 times)
Username Exists
Poster

European Wunderkind

« Reply #120 on: September 17, 2009, 08:03:06 AM »

No it was the first time i've played it. At first i thought it was supposed to be like this until i have looked at the screenshots again.

Hail Kiwiâ„¢ and the United States of America! Sausages suck and Burgers rock!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #121 on: September 17, 2009, 08:20:23 AM »

Ah, the other report was also playing it for the first time. It sounds like a problem with autodownloading the client Lua scripts.

I'll doublecheck whether all scripts the client needs are configured to be autodownloaded, but I suspect it's a server issue of some sort.

edit:
Could this be caused by the fastdownload stuff? I believe it was enabled not long ago. It might be trying to download the lua from the fastdl server, or something.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:33:59 AM by theGreenBunny »
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2009, 10:40:45 AM »

Fixed that download stuff.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2009, 12:05:11 PM »

Most likely a new version today. Carbine will now be a Scout, although my attempts at a nice scope texture have not been successful, due to the CS:S scope texture being a bit shit. Also: team score bonus, no damage from held physics objects, an "empty hands" weapon, and a new special map entity.

Fixed that download stuff.

Thanks for the fix.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2009, 01:25:10 PM »

no damage from held physics objects

The folding chair of doom just died a painful death.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2009, 02:53:07 PM »

New version, including but possibly not limited to the below:

- Bonus points for team performance (comrades staying alive for innocents, comrades killing and staying alive for traitors)

- Carried physics objects should no longer do damage (future spinoff TTT: Black Edition will have physics objects that deal twice as much damage and fire rockets)

- A "Holstered" weapon that will have you put away your guns and walk around with your arms in a very neutral and inoffensive position. You cannot shake hands yet.

- The Carbine is now called the Rifle and looks like the Scout. Also zooms more.

- Convar ttt_spectators_hear_living, default 1. When 0, spectators will not hear people who are not spectator.

- Smoke grenade. Works best in corridors or buildings where the smoke bunches up. I'm running out of weapons to replace, so on ZM maps this one spawns 25% of the time in spots where a crowbar would otherwise have spawned (the rest of the times the crowbar is also deleted because you start with one). Mappers can place it of course using weapon_ttt_smokegrenade.

- Increased distance you can fall without taking fall damage

BUT THERE'S MORE, because v170909 is also...
The Some Of My Best Friends Are Mappers update:

- New entity for mappers: ttt_traitor_check. Brush entity that when it receives the input "CheckForTraitor" will check if there are traitors inside it, and then fire the "TraitorsFound" output with the number of traitors as a parameter.

- A basic FGD including the weapons, the ammo, and the new entity. It's in the download: /terrortown/ttt.fgd. I used it along with the Ep2 fgd in the orangebox version of Hammer for the example map.

- An example map .vmf demonstrating the traitor checker entity, also in the download in the same directory.

- Mapper-placed ragdolls are only removed if they have "zm_" in their model name (which will not exist because those are ZM models) instead of always being removed like before.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v170909

« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 08:59:11 PM by theGreenBunny »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2009, 02:57:21 PM »

OH GOD TGB IS DOING A VALVE AND NAMING THE UPDATES!
EXPECT A TRADING SYSTEM SOON!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 02:58:49 PM by worbat »

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2009, 04:23:11 PM »

YES!!! Thanks tGB, I wanted a fgd to make everything alot more fun!
Also, I found a nice feature in this. If you place hl2 weapons in your map and run it in TTT you can pick up the guns and shoot with them! Its awesome! Be ready for hidden crossbow on my map! :D

Edit: Heres what it mean:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 04:26:07 PM by Finparasite »
Kiwiâ„¢
Build Tester

Trendy and Dry

« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2009, 04:32:00 PM »

If you put guns in maps you can use them and shoot them.

Worbat: You killing me constantly was so frustrating, I quit in disgust.

[16:47] Jeff: British is not an ancestry. Britain is an accident of noble marriages, pregnancies, and deaths.
Not a Rapist
Poster

Still not convicted...

« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2009, 04:34:42 PM »

Om nom sexy work. I'll be looking forward to the trading.

Also, feature request; how about when players die anything they were typing is automatically put out, with a "..." or "-" at the end?

Say, for example, I was typing "tGB is the killer! He's got a MAC-10!", and I die halfway through, it could appear as "tGB is th-"

While we are creating this mod to create something fun to play, making people here angry is a welcome side effect.
<br />
Then you'll be banned.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2009, 05:04:41 PM »

If you put guns in maps you can use them and shoot them.

Of course but usually the unwanted guns are removed so they don't apear in the game.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 05:17:30 PM by Finparasite »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2009, 06:09:33 PM »

Of course but usually the unwanted guns are removed so they don't apear in the game.

I'm afraid the only reason your crossbow was not replaced is that it's in "Waiting for players" phase. Entities do not get replaced until the "Preparing" phase begins. This and more you can also read in the mapping notes post.

Also, feature request; how about when players die anything they were typing is automatically put out, with a "..." or "-" at the end?

I'll see if it's possible.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2009, 06:12:58 PM »

Thanks for the fix.

Its hard to tell whatever or not this was sarcastic. Granted he didn't post a fix nor am I aware of such an action been done through PM.
I've just booted it up with this version of TTT and noticed the hud problem is still there.

I'm going to try and disable fast dl and see if that fixes it.

For the record, fast dl, also holds the latest gamemode in fast dl.

Edit*

Yup that fixed it. I've just had a fast read through garrysmod wiki on downloadurl. http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Setting_up_sv_downloadurl
I think the cache and resources folder have to be uploaded to the fast dl as well in order to make it work. I'll get back to you on this when I find another person without hud.

Edit2*

I just tried this and deleted my own TTT from gamemodes and removed my cache and resources folder. I got the hud working now with FAST DL. I won't call this a confirmed possible fix just yet. I'll get back to you on it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 06:26:57 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Kiwiâ„¢
Build Tester

Trendy and Dry

« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2009, 06:33:57 PM »

- Carried physics objects should no longer do damage (future spinoff TTT: Black Edition will have physics objects that deal twice as much damage and fire rockets)

Kiwi just has to say this is amazing.

Worbat: You killing me constantly was so frustrating, I quit in disgust.

[16:47] Jeff: British is not an ancestry. Britain is an accident of noble marriages, pregnancies, and deaths.
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2009, 06:58:31 PM »

I was having some pretty heavy problems when I played 2 nights ago. The HUD itself was almost entirely gone, and each weapon was named "scripted weapon". The weapons themselves were also acting strangely- leftclick would fire the weapon, but rightclick would quickly fire a pistol shot. Each gun was left handed, too.

The only error message I could find was this:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/166/problemze.jpg
(TGBedit: made image a link)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 07:02:39 PM by theGreenBunny »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #135 on: September 17, 2009, 07:02:18 PM »

Its hard to tell whatever or not this was sarcastic. Granted he didn't post a fix nor am I aware of such an action been done through PM.

As far as I understand he fixed it on his server. I assumed it was by disabling fastdl or something. I hadn't considered that other servers might be suffering from the same issue.

So a non-sarcastic thanks here as well for looking into it more.

If it helps, I know TTT does not use custom stuff in the /resource/ folder. In fact I intentionally keep everything to Lua scripts, to avoid hassle for server owners who have to keep track of textures and whatnot. So theoretically the /cache/ folder should be sufficient. Or at least the /resource/ folder wouldn't need updating with new versions.

As the article states (but I want to post it here just to make sure admins know), it will have to be updated every time a new version comes out and the server has had a chance to generate new cached .dua files for that version (which happens when the server is started and the gamemode loads).

I was having some pretty heavy problems when I played 2 nights ago.

That is the problem discussed above, and it is hopefully solved on most servers now.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 07:05:02 PM by theGreenBunny »
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #136 on: September 17, 2009, 07:36:31 PM »

Updated.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #137 on: September 17, 2009, 07:38:45 PM »

Can't hear living while in spectate on soduka's server.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #138 on: September 17, 2009, 07:41:06 PM »

The cvar is set to 1, either you are in bizarro world or in setting up the cvar the feature got messed up.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #139 on: September 17, 2009, 08:01:08 PM »

I accidentally made it work the wrong way around, ie. setting it to 0 will make spectators hear living players. I'll fix it in the next version, but for now it should be enough to just set it to 0 instead of 1.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length