Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 07:58:44 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1696577 times)
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #140 on: September 17, 2009, 08:15:53 PM »

As far as I understand he fixed it on his server. I assumed it was by disabling fastdl or something. I hadn't considered that other servers might be suffering from the same issue.

So a non-sarcastic thanks here as well for looking into it more.

Excuse me on that one.
Furthermore, I haven't had any more reports of broken huds. So I suppose uploading the cache should do the trick.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
muffin man XD
« Reply #141 on: September 17, 2009, 08:18:24 PM »

So no chance of a higher contrast scoreboard?
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2009, 08:43:05 PM »

TGB you rock. Now I have more motivation to make a total shit TTT map!

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #143 on: September 17, 2009, 08:54:23 PM »

Have any adjustments been made to the fall damage within the last three days? There's no mention in the updates, but it was brought up just a few days ago.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #144 on: September 17, 2009, 08:59:14 PM »

Have any adjustments been made to the fall damage within the last three days? There's no mention in the updates, but it was brought up just a few days ago.

Yeah, the minimum distance (more accurately: falling speed required) is quite a bit higher now than it used to be. I forgot to add it to this version's patch notes. Fixed now.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 09:00:29 PM by theGreenBunny »
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #145 on: September 18, 2009, 12:16:40 AM »

TGB, could I get you to update your original post with my servers new IP? 64.120.126.130:27035 - Thanks
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #146 on: September 18, 2009, 07:12:54 AM »

Done.

Another thing for the OP: I know a couple of maps on the servers aren't in there yet. In fact I don't have some of them myself. Anyone know the exact names of these maps, so I can dig up links?
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #147 on: September 18, 2009, 07:20:23 AM »

zm_downtown rc1
ttt_thething a2
ttt_canyon a1
zm_countrytrain
dm_riches_apt2

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #148 on: September 18, 2009, 08:49:28 AM »

dm_riches_apt2

I can only find dm_riches_apt.bsp which is the version available at the mapper's site, and a dm_riches_apt2beta.bsp at hlfiles.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #149 on: September 18, 2009, 03:45:12 PM »

http://www.theicecave.net/zm/maps/TTT_thething_a2.bsp
http://www.theicecave.net/zm/maps/zm_downtown_v1.bsp
http://www.theicecave.net/zm/maps/ttt_canyon_a1.bsp

Note. Richs also needs some sounds and textures.

http://www.theicecave.net/zm/maps/dm_richs_apt2beta.bsp

Note, b4. I assume its the same but with b4 removed or I've missed out on something. Also bzip rather then bsp.

http://www.theicecave.net/zm/maps/zm_countrytrain_b4.bsp.bz2

Noted most of them are already on the OP.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 03:49:09 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #150 on: September 18, 2009, 04:47:00 PM »

In case people miss it I've update ttt_canyon to a2. You can find the info in the thread.

And the download is here: http://www.filefront.com/14555933/ttt_canyon_a2.zip

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #151 on: September 18, 2009, 08:00:08 PM »

New version:
- Fixed ttt_spectators_hear_living server convar, setting it to 1 will now let spectators hear living player's voicechat, as intended.
Server admins: if you set it to 0 as a temporary bugfix, you may now want to set it back to 1.

- Ragdolls are now much, much easier to move.

- Made traitorchat prettier

- Made scoreboard darker as per many requests, and it now indicates traitor state too (because I happened to be in the neighbourhood).

- Fixed crowbar swing sound not playing for your own swings

- Scoring changes: traitors get fewer points for surviving teammates, teamkill penalties have gone up again. The team bonus made scores get really high despite TKs. Current situation:
Traitors: 1pt for each innocent killed, -10pt for each traitor killed
Traitor team bonus: 1 point for each traitor alive, 1 point for each innocent dead
Innos: 4pt for each traitor killed, -6pt for each innocent killed
Innocent team bonus: 1 point for each innocent alive

- Made sure player ragdolls are removed at the start of a new round. Not sure if this fixes the issue of ragdolls hanging around completely because I couldn't reproduce it in the first place.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v180909

Requests I looked at but could not fulfil:
- CountryTrain's gas station fire not showing: zm_countrytrain's usage of env_fire_large is weird and strange because that entity does not even exist outside L4D or something. You'll just have to watch out when entering the gas station.

- Interrupted chat send on death: not currently possible due to technical reasons. Maybe I can revisit it if/when body discovery finds it way in, but even then it may not be possible.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #152 on: September 18, 2009, 08:07:43 PM »

Why penalize traitors for killing other traitors?
Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #153 on: September 18, 2009, 08:20:14 PM »

because ajunk is a douche

Radscorpions? What's so rad about them?
Kiwiâ„¢
Build Tester

Trendy and Dry

« Reply #154 on: September 18, 2009, 08:22:27 PM »

Because while it can be used to gain the trust of innocents, it's unfair in that a traitor is taking away another traitor's turn.

Worbat: You killing me constantly was so frustrating, I quit in disgust.

[16:47] Jeff: British is not an ancestry. Britain is an accident of noble marriages, pregnancies, and deaths.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #155 on: September 18, 2009, 08:26:20 PM »

Guy A, B and C are traitors. A is an asshole, and shoots B and C ASAP to "prove his innocence". Round is now kinda ruined, especially for B and C.

In the scenario where a traitor kill is a tactic employed by the traitors, -10 is not the end of the world if they manage to kill all innocents because of it. I would prefer if it did not become the go-to traitor tactic though. It is their goal to survive as much as it is the innocents' goal. Hence the penalty/risk involved with a traitor TK.

Basically what Kiwi said.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #156 on: September 18, 2009, 08:30:13 PM »

I think it should be less harsh, since it is a viable strategy. Maybe only -2.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Kiwiâ„¢
Build Tester

Trendy and Dry

« Reply #157 on: September 18, 2009, 08:32:56 PM »

Kiwi would say make it the same cost as maybe 2 or 3 innocent kills (though this depends on how much they're worth)

Worbat: You killing me constantly was so frustrating, I quit in disgust.

[16:47] Jeff: British is not an ancestry. Britain is an accident of noble marriages, pregnancies, and deaths.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #158 on: September 18, 2009, 08:33:33 PM »

It's really all-or-nothing here Octane. I still think person A is only hindering himself in that situation, but I understand your reasoning.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2009, 09:06:24 PM »

Well Person A is a moron. If you're going to do that, you do it because you're desperate when there's still multiple traitors left, agree with someone else to pull it off, or accidentally. And you only kill 1 traitor, never more.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length