Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 07:45:06 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1696539 times)
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #180 on: September 19, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »

TDR is jumping on a bandwagon and running a shit server

Text is incapable of containing my surprise.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #181 on: September 19, 2009, 05:13:23 PM »

Small update today, just some bugfixes:
- Fixed traitor indications on the scoreboard not going away when a new round started.

- Fixed clientside Lua errors that could occur in certain edge cases involving another player having disconnected.

- Fixed how when joining a server while a round was in progress, the client would display "waiting" until the round state changed again. It should now update immediately after joining.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v190909
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #182 on: September 19, 2009, 05:16:17 PM »

Text is incapable of containing my surprise.
So you're really surprised?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #183 on: September 19, 2009, 05:51:14 PM »

ZING

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #184 on: September 19, 2009, 06:11:04 PM »

See that was called sarcasm.

I was saying that because TDR likes making servers for whatever game happens to have come out at the moment, and then having them be shit.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #185 on: September 19, 2009, 06:27:10 PM »

Updated.
sulkdodds
Global Moderator

I AM THE SON OF DOG

« Reply #186 on: September 19, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »

See that was called sarcasm.
Actually it was hyperbole applied to sarcasm. Unfortunately your statement could conceivably be taken as being neither, because it fulfilled the characteristics of its own description. That is to say, you claimed that your surprise couldn't be put into text, and there was indeed no surprise evident in your text. It was pretty funny how Ajunk drew attention to this.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:36:40 PM by sulkdodds »

if I were not Sulkdodds, I should wish to be Diogenes
muffin man XD
« Reply #187 on: September 19, 2009, 06:35:57 PM »

Thanks for the scoreboard changes <3
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #188 on: September 19, 2009, 06:36:22 PM »

Today we played a map (dm_tropic_enhanced at Ice cave) that has a driverable boat in it. Cars can be used as well. Driving a boat around the islands, looking at situation, telling who's suspicious was lots of fun. Playing with vehicles would expand the gameplay more. I'll definitely place a couple of buggies in the next map if I ever make it.

However, there are a 3 bugs when using a vehicle:

- You can't see anyone's name while driving and no one can see yours as well
- Boat did no damage when I tryed to crush someone with it. It did damage only when someone is being crushed against the wall
- The boat disappeares immediately after someone leaves it. I made a test map and placed buggy, it didn't disappear when I left though.

Also, compiled just a box with info_player_start and prop_vehicle_driverable and saw this guy in the air

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #189 on: September 19, 2009, 07:05:44 PM »

If somebody made some huge wasteland-ish map with a few jeeps that'd be really cool. I think adding a car to Jossi's map would work pretty well, too.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #190 on: September 19, 2009, 07:10:20 PM »

Oh I surely loved dragging you to the leeches.

I think vehicles are pretty nice, I just hope people won't use it to dick around with.
And I agree, it be nice to crush people with vehicles. Specially if your the traitor, it could open a whole new level of killing and suspicion regarding vehicles.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #191 on: September 19, 2009, 07:22:25 PM »

Only if killer vehicles get permanent blood splatters to indicate it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #192 on: September 19, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »

However, there are a 3 bugs when using a vehicle:

- You can't see anyone's name while driving and no one can see yours as well

I'll check what gmod sandbox does here for it's target ID display.

- Boat did no damage when I tryed to crush someone with it. It did damage only when someone is being crushed against the wall

Perhaps a side effect of player-held physics objects damage prevention. Should be easy enough to see if there's a way to discern between the two types of damage.

- The boat disappeares immediately after someone leaves it. I made a test map and placed buggy, it didn't disappear when I left though.

I have no idea about this. Obviously I haven't coded anything that has anything to do with vehicles, let alone vehicle removal.

I'm not convinced vehicles are a good idea, but the first two things won't take much time to check out, so I'll do that at least.

Also, compiled just a box with info_player_start and prop_vehicle_driverable and saw this guy in the air

I noticed that when I made my traitor checker test map, and it went away when I switched the player start to an info_player_deathmatch. I don't know why, but actual TTT maps should use deathmatch spawns anyway.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #193 on: September 19, 2009, 07:33:47 PM »

A push function as a silent kill. Push people out of windows of bridges.

Wouldn't need custom models, just an altfire attack mode for the crowbar.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
goatfetus
Poster

Righting wrongs through penetration

« Reply #194 on: September 19, 2009, 07:39:04 PM »

O man, that would be amazingly effective and possibly hilarious on canyon, but that's the only map I can think of right now that it would work in. I'm all for something like a push function though, but it seems like we're starting to nag tgb just a bit.

Remember Remember the 10 of December
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #195 on: September 19, 2009, 07:41:11 PM »

A push function as a silent kill. Push people out of windows of bridges.

Wouldn't need custom models, just an altfire attack mode for the crowbar.

I would really like to see that.  Makes a killer's job easier, yet it creates a epic and hilarious moment.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #196 on: September 19, 2009, 07:47:32 PM »

Especially if it showed it as a normal death, not a killing.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
goatfetus
Poster

Righting wrongs through penetration

« Reply #197 on: September 19, 2009, 07:50:54 PM »

I think it would by default, because you're not doing any damage to the guy, the ground/whatever he lands on is. Which also means that the traitor wouldn't get any points for it.

Remember Remember the 10 of December
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #198 on: September 19, 2009, 07:54:24 PM »

Actually, airboats just don't damage people, period. It's a Source thing, I think.

The boats disappearing in the map is also a server script thing, or a map one - Probably because you no doubt have a unlimited spawn of boats on the map... It's done to make sure there is no spam.

Vehicles have a certain bleh for server owners because apparently they're troublesome... A airboat isn't nearly as popular as the buggy, though they are the 'safest'. A buggy can run people over easily. A Jelopy is the best vehicle, however it lags the server in question a lot from it's vanilla state just due to the headlight thing - I can't get into it off the top of my head, but it isn't really repairable.

I overall approve of vehicles in use, though if they're used the map has to be bigger and more open... Which means that people on foot are a bit shunned in certain situations. Long travel times, etc. Also, this would make rounds a bit longer as a result, probably. The mag stick will in no way beable to flip vehicles over, though if you used a prop to do it it'd be fine... Albeit a bit haphazard, ho hum.

Also... Shooting at people in a driver seat is kinda... Odd. It would be very hard to kill people in a vehicle (Though I think it's more for the Jely and the Buggy, the airboat is pretty open) so I do suggest to keep it just to airboats on a island-ish map, maybe buggies on a very city-ish map. (Like downtown, save the roads wouldn't be so busy. Means peeps would have to get out to enter buildings and such. Would have to be bigger, of course...)

Overall, though, it could work well. Or it could... Not. Ha.

In anycase.

I petition removing the mac-10's kick back... As it's pretty crappy right not at the moment. It falls inbetween a riffle and a shotgun - It has very nice range, though it needs to keep the aim on the person to kill.

And giving holster, or crowbar, a 'push' would be awesome and I originally came here to say that...
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #199 on: September 19, 2009, 07:56:47 PM »

Two things I mentioned in-game but am not sure if are truly bugs:

[li]The magneto-stick's push has an infinite range.[/li]
    [li]When you hold a phys object with the magneto-stick, you can push around heavier, otherwise immovable phys objects. For example, if I hold a chair (indestructible), I can push around one of those heavy green cabinets if I shove the chair into them. I haven't tested this personally, but I imagine I could even knock a car around with this tactic. This could be used to make some impenetrable barricades or, in the worst case scenario, teamkill by launching heavy items.[/li]

Dopey, minor suggestion just to add some visual variety:

[li]Right now the only player model used is the Phoenix terrorist. Just to break up the monotony a little and take advantage of the additional available models, I suggest having all the players start with a random terrorist model every round. I do not mean that each individual player has a different skin, but rather one round everyone is the Phoenix model, the next round everyone is the Leet model, the next round everyone is the Guerrilla, the next round everyone is the Arctic guy, and so on in random fashion. Nothing important, but just some fun variety.[/li]

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length