Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 07:47:30 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1696547 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2009, 08:24:13 PM »

http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9293.0
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 09:50:39 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2009, 08:46:00 PM »

Spectators hearing the living appears to not be working.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2009, 08:57:11 PM »

Don't know if it's my technique, but it is very difficult to pick anything up with the magneeeeto stick in my experience.

EDIT: Only sometimes, for some reason. Maybe a glitch or just severe lag, but I didn't see any other signs it was lag.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 09:16:47 PM by Soduka »
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2009, 09:19:35 PM »

Dead players can't hear the living, and holding an object in someone's face kills them real fast.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »

Spectators hearing the living appears to not be working.

Turns out I misspelled the hook name so my code wasn't even being used. rargh.

New version with that fixed:
Trouble in Terrorist Town v140909b

Not guaranteed it will work now, but if it doesn't it will be for less dumb reasons.

Don't know if it's my technique, but it is very difficult to pick anything up with the magneeeeto stick in my experience.

EDIT: Only sometimes, for some reason. Maybe a glitch or just severe lag, but I didn't see any other signs it was lag.

In this version or previous ones too? Is there a pattern in the type of objects that are hard to pick up (eg. only ammo, or a specific object I can test)?

Dead players can't hear the living, and holding an object in someone's face kills them real fast.

Like pushing into them? Bah. Should be able to prevent that from damaging people hopefully, it's on the list now anyway.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2009, 09:40:14 PM »

Works, thank you kind sir.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #66 on: September 14, 2009, 10:05:39 PM »

Ran into a bug where it told me I was a traitor after I died, despite displaying innocent. I didn't just join or anything.

Also, fall damage is really ramped up too high.

console

You are playing Trouble in Terrorist Town, version 140909b
Round endtime is in 1199 seconds
THE TRAITORS HAVE BEEN SELECTED.
You are NOT a traitor.
Round state: In progress...
THE ROUND HAS BEGUN!
CommunistKittens: i could have killed you
CommunistKittens: easyly
Player peekas0 left the game (Disconnect by user.)
eeny: no
Server cvar 'sm_nextmap' changed to TTT_thething_a1
eeny: hardcoded in this gamemode
Secone: If I die it's worbat
CommunistKittens: hm?
Secone: If I die it's someone on the helipad
CommunistKittens: BACK OFF
AN INNOCENT TERRORIST HAS DIED!
CommunistKittens: GAMER BACK OFF
Secone: GO GO GO
Player peekas0 has joined the game
Soduka: this bridge is closed
peekas0 (STEAM_0:0:4378348) connected from United States
A TRAITOR HAS DIED!
A TRAITOR HAS DIED! <-- This was me.
peekas0: [MUMBLED] mumble hrm mammaries
CommunistKittens: lmao
CommunistKittens: good job guys
(TEAM) peekas0: So what happened?
*DEAD* (TEAM) eeny: lol I shot moo OUT OF THE building
*DEAD* (TEAM) Olivergecko: I dunno.
*DEAD* (TEAM) ¿Moo?: i know right
*DEAD* (TEAM) ¿Moo?: that's ridiculous
CommunistKittens: hold on
*DEAD* (TEAM) eeny: I blame the map
[SM] eeny wants to rock the vote. (5 votes, 9 required)
*DEAD* eeny: [MUMBLED] mumu
*DEAD* Olivergecko: [MUMBLED] mammaries
[SM] ¿Moo? wants to rock the vote. (6 votes, 9 required)
*DEAD* ¿Moo?: [MUMBLED] mrh
Secone: with secone
[SM] =L4DA=Shu wants to rock the vote. (7 votes, 9 required)
*DEAD* =L4DA=Shu: [MUMBLED] mble
*DEAD* (TEAM) Olivergecko: Rtv!
Gamerofthegame: Spelt middy
That Guy (STEAM_0:0:15549818) connected from
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 10:06:48 PM by Rotinaj »
Pwnzor
Poster

« Reply #67 on: September 15, 2009, 01:10:41 AM »

gmod is only 5 bucks with week! get it while its hot!

Also mac10 still sucks i was in a mid range fight with a shotgun and was raped horrible.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 04:44:04 AM by Pwnzor »
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #68 on: September 15, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »

Like pushing into them? Bah. Should be able to prevent that from damaging people hopefully, it's on the list now anyway.

DON'T DO IT NO.

Props can kill people, yeah, when you're bashing them with the maggie stick. But it's awesome and fun and a makeshift melee weapon. Keeeep iiiit.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #69 on: September 15, 2009, 02:26:03 PM »

non lethal measures idea list
Disarming attack.
Ability to press a button to drop all weapons and raise your hands into the air.
Binoculars
Flare Gun
Tranquilizer Gun
Taser.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #70 on: September 15, 2009, 02:54:43 PM »

u>non lethal measures idea list

Ability to press a button to drop all weapons and raise your hands into the air.

Holster weapon.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
DJ_Fat_Sak
Poster

I'm awesome, and not a furry!

« Reply #71 on: September 15, 2009, 04:08:10 PM »

Noo this is good, needs to be modified so that it messes with your score though to stop people DMing with it, physics are fun anyway i love throwing things at people :D

I completely missed the ROULETTE INCIDENT and therefore haven't a clue what it is :shh:
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #72 on: September 15, 2009, 04:27:53 PM »

Just to counter a few people, dying by a physics prop is almost always awful and not fun in the least. When I see anyone do it, I kill them on sight. I think there should be some expansion on how to kill people or interact with them, but that props should not be one of them.

[edit]
Oh and fall damage needs revisiting. Right now it's really torturous. The ramp up starts too soon and might be a bit too steep. All I know is I get hurt falling from things that in real life I'd be perfectly fine from.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 04:34:09 PM by JossiRossi »

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2009, 06:06:00 PM »

I'll scale fall damage down a bit. No update today though.
Any specific places that you think you should be able to fall from with no damage? I like to have a practical test case.

I can see how physprop killing can be fun once or twice for the person doing it, but it doesn't fit the game (no respawn, etc) so it's definitely going out, if I can help it.

Ran into a bug where it told me I was a traitor after I died, despite displaying innocent. I didn't just join or anything.

That is weird as hell, because from the messages it's like your traitor status changed on the server. This should not be possible (unless it's done manually). So for now I'll have to assume it was a fluke, or maybe the "traitor died" message was slow to arrive for some reason. We'll see if it happens more.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 06:07:35 PM by theGreenBunny »
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »

In downtown in the stairwell thers a hole on the second level dropping you to the first it does 2-4dmg.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2009, 07:14:34 PM »

Prop killing is a weapon, and isn't even all that effective. It's a melee weapon for the most part, unless a person manages to aim when tossing it (Though that doesn't kill at all, just minor damage for the most part). Thus, this deadly weapon is.. Actually what a lot of people want for a sledge hammer like weapon.

It also isn't to reliable, as I tend to have to do multiple swipes to actually do to much damage, while sometimes it kills outright. The person is also very vulnerable when carrying a chair, or even when attacking. The range is pretty negligable, of course, thus anyone with a weapon will naturally be at a advantage. On top of this, it's not like carrying a prop makes you faster - Might slow you down, in fact, with certain props. (I'm looking at you, nuclear barrel) So people can back pedal away from you and shoot away at you. Props don't make good armor over all, either, so... (Though the white fold able chair does, hence why I have preference with it) Guns should, in theory, always win. This makes it a very situational weapon, to say the least. A shotgun is probably more reliable then a chair, for instance, especially being that a chair (Or other prop) isn't exactly subtle.

It also just isn't all that intuitive, either. Hence why few actually use props as weapons.

Please keep it... It's pretty lethal, sure, and fairly silent (But, again, not exactly subtle) but the cons of it greatly outweigh the pros.

Also.

... tGB, how much do you actually play, just to ask?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2009, 07:27:28 PM »

... tGB, how much do you actually play, just to ask?

Not much lately, at times when I have the time (which is not very often right now) and the inclination, the server is either empty or stuffed.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »

Not much lately, at times when I have the time (which is not very often right now) and the inclination, the server is either empty or stuffed.

Tell an admin to kick a player of your choice from the server, as you ARE the creator of the mod. You should be entitled to play whenever you want[/Ass kiss]

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2009, 08:38:19 PM »

Physics prop killing is awful. I hate it.

Also, for fall damage reference, falling 3-6 stairs on the_thing means you lose 20 damage.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Pwnzor
Poster

« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2009, 09:37:50 PM »

Prop killing is by far the most effective way to kill a hiding partner and to take no blame. 
killer -"He killed himself with physics lol"
everyone- "lol alright"

Is the crowbar 1 hit kill the to head? I hit a guy in the head who was wounded and he only went down to near death :(

when is the time bomb coming?! :D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length