Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 07:46:59 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1696545 times)
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #160 on: September 18, 2009, 09:24:13 PM »

You could just do the forgive/punish thing. Not that points matter.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #161 on: September 18, 2009, 10:42:28 PM »

I've noticed nades always seem  to get stuck on my server when thrown (The Ice Cave - server.theicecave.net:27014). If you throw the nade when your standing, you are basically stuck in the nade.
If you throw the nade while your crouched, the nade won't be stuck inside you but it won't go foward either. It simply spawns right above your head and stays there.

I've had a report of another player that this wasn't the case on other servers. Is there something I might have done wrong or have overlooked?

This is on a clean gmod install with fast dl. Furthermore its running the latest release.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2009, 10:48:08 PM »

I think Fast DL messes up things hard. While it works for people who have played the newest version on a non-fastDL server. Those that download it from FastDL servers, everything gets messed up. I've tried multiple times to fix this, even tried what was posted by you. It may look like it works for yourself, but it doesn't appear to be working for others.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 11:08:15 PM by Alters »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #163 on: September 18, 2009, 10:59:47 PM »

I so far haven't had any more reports of a broken hud. What I simply did was delete my cache folder. Boot the server with the gamemode and upload the cache from the server to my fast dl server in the following format: server/cache
Fast dl link would of course be http://yourdomain.com/server/

Although I'm pretty sure you already know how the fast dl works, I've posted it for reference sake.

I'd hate to remove the Fast DL as it sort of ruins the option of using any maps besides the ones posted in this topic and kicks away all possible new users (Note the ones that found the gamemode in server browser) due to long download times .
I'll try hosting it without Fast DL again tomorrow and see if the nades work.

Furthermore I've hosted some extra DM maps on The Ice Cave and I'll see how they play out over the coming days. Some seem pretty good but might be a tad big for TTT.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 11:01:06 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #164 on: September 18, 2009, 11:07:35 PM »

I've done that each time I've updated. I re-upload my servers cache to my FastDL etc. Players are still reporting these issues, not ones that have previously played TTT though.
Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #165 on: September 18, 2009, 11:16:41 PM »

Guy A, B and C are traitors. A is an asshole, and shoots B and C ASAP to "prove his innocence". Round is now kinda ruined, especially for B and C.

Guy A... junk! Coincidence? I think not.

Radscorpions? What's so rad about them?
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2009, 02:53:10 AM »

terrortown\gamemode\cl_scoring.lua:243: bad argument #1 to 'SetText' (string expected, got nil)
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2009, 03:04:10 AM »

terrortown/gamemode/cl_init.lua:48: attempt to call method 'Nick' (a nil value)
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2009, 05:25:58 AM »

BUG:

The red lines in the scorechart thing that tell you who the fellow traitors are dont go away after the round ends. They just saty there I am assuming untill theoperson leaves.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Pwnzor
Poster

« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2009, 05:42:40 AM »

The icecave server is broken when i played on it the weapons were floating in place.  This is plly why the nades got stuck in people.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2009, 08:20:37 AM »

I've noticed nades always seem  to get stuck on my server when thrown (The Ice Cave - server.theicecave.net:27014). If you throw the nade when your standing, you are basically stuck in the nade.
If you throw the nade while your crouched, the nade won't be stuck inside you but it won't go foward either. It simply spawns right above your head and stays there.

Do you have similar issues with any other physics objects? Eg. when you drop a weapon?

This particular issue is unlikely to be related to fastdl.

terrortown\gamemode\cl_scoring.lua:243: bad argument #1 to 'SetText' (string expected, got nil)

terrortown/gamemode/cl_init.lua:48: attempt to call method 'Nick' (a nil value)

BUG:

The red lines in the scorechart thing that tell you who the fellow traitors are dont go away after the round ends. They just saty there I am assuming untill theoperson leaves.

Noted and will take a look at these.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2009, 08:43:12 AM »

All weapons lost their physics properties and just float in the air regardless they spawn in the map for the first time or dropped by a player.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2009, 08:59:29 AM »

What amuses me, is TDR is complaining that no one plays on their TTT server, when they haven't even advertised it, and many other factors.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2009, 09:17:50 AM »

What amuses me, is TDR is complaining that no one plays on their TTT server, when they haven't even advertised it, and many other factors.

They had a server?

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2009, 09:40:10 AM »

All weapons lost their physics properties and just float in the air regardless they spawn in the map for the first time or dropped by a player.

That starts to sound like an issue beyond the scope of TTT, more likely related to gmod, sourceds, or something else. I couldn't say what though, given that it's a clean install etcetera.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2009, 11:23:45 AM »

I read through the thread just now, I want to say SO MANY things but I made a vow to never post there again

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #176 on: September 19, 2009, 12:16:39 PM »

That starts to sound like an issue beyond the scope of TTT, more likely related to gmod, sourceds, or something else. I couldn't say what though, given that it's a clean install etcetera.

I'm slightly puzzled to what it could be as well. This being a complete fresh install of both css/gmod and hl2mp (Not that hl2mp was needed).
Neither am I using any specific cvars in the server.cfg besides the default regular stuff.

I could try doing another fresh install but seeing as this was downloaded only a few days ago, I sort of doubt it would do much good.

Edit*

Doing some testing atm, will get back to you when I know more.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 12:58:18 PM by FF|NedStar »

Kiwiâ„¢
Build Tester

Trendy and Dry

« Reply #177 on: September 19, 2009, 12:17:10 PM »

From what Kiwi understands, it doesn't run very well.

Worbat: You killing me constantly was so frustrating, I quit in disgust.

[16:47] Jeff: British is not an ancestry. Britain is an accident of noble marriages, pregnancies, and deaths.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #178 on: September 19, 2009, 02:39:48 PM »

Well I've solved the physic issue. I've first tried a clean gmod + css install on my own pc with hldsupdatetool.
The same problem still occurred. I've then copied cstrike from server/cstrike to server/orangebox/cstrike, and that solved it. 

I'm not exactly sure why this was needed as cstrike mounts fine without being thrown into the orangebox folder, nor have I seen any manuals that require such action. (http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Dedicated_Server_Setup)

I've no clue why your Fast DL isn't working Alters, its hard to say for sure that mine is working.
But considering I've had no more reports and I've deleted my own cache/resources and removed TTT from my gamemodes and joined my own server and got all the needed files correctly with a working hud. I assume that it is working for me.

Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #179 on: September 19, 2009, 03:42:39 PM »

I tried to join, but it wanted me to download 100 models just to play TTT.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length