Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 08:02:26 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1696588 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« on: September 13, 2009, 06:11:53 PM »

Disaster strikes in the Terrorist team! These plucky bomb-planting freedom fighters have traitors in their midst who are looking to kill them all! But who are the traitors... and who will come out of this alive?

http://ttt.badking.net/

What is TTT?
Trouble in Terrorist Town (TTT) is a gamemode for Garry's Mod 10. It's about a group of Terrorists who have traitors among them that are out to kill everyone who's not a traitor.

A small number of players (2 to 4) is selected as Traitors, who have to kill all the Innocent players (meaning those who were not picked). Those innocents know there are people out to get them, and they're in the majority, but they do not know who the traitors are. The innocents just have to survive, which means finding out who the traitors are and killing them before they kill you. Of course everyone is holding a big gun, and everyone looks suspicious...

Traitors have the element of surprise if they can keep their identity secret, and they get to pick one or two items of special equipment to help them. When a player is killed, this is not announced and shown on the scoreboard until someone confirms the death by finding the body and searching it. Innocents must keep their eyes open to catch Traitors in the act, or use the clues they find on dead bodies to identify the killer.

Of course, if you get killed early on it can be a bit boring to sit out the rest of the round. To keep things interesting, spectators can press E (use) on physics props to "possess" them and move them around, perhaps to affect the game in creative ways.

See also the Trouble in Terrorist Town website at http://ttt.badking.net/, and for screenshots check out the TTT moddb profile.

How do I play?
Follow/check these steps:
1. You need to have Garry's Mod 10 on Steam.

2. You need Counter-Strike Source installed (and mounted in gmod, which is usually automatic).

3. Then, all you need to do is join a gmod server that runs TTT. Everything else you need will be automatically downloaded for you (TTT itself is small, maps may be large).

You can find a tutorial on how to play on the site or by pressing F1 after you join a server.

Download
TTT is included with GMod.

Lists of changes are posted in the latest release thread whenever a TTT update becomes available.

TTT is a Fretta-compatible gamemode. If you want to run a TTT server but don't want Fretta, disable the voting using fretta_voting 0 in your server.cfg.

Servers may run the in-development version of TTT by regularly grabbing it from the gmod SVN server.

Servers
Servers may be found using the GMod server browser and sorting on the "Game" column, then finding servers that are running the game "terrortown".

Note that there are no "official" servers and any server advertising itself as such is lying.

Making maps
Trouble in Terrorist Town mapping guide

Mapping questions thread

Making non-TTT maps compatible
You can do this using a sandbox tool included with TTT. Check out the Rearm guide for more.

Map download links
TTT specific maps:
ttt_TheThing by Notary.
ttt_canyon by JossiRossi.
ttt_cluedo by JossiRossi.
ttt_icarus by Tyrant T100.
ttt_district by Finparasite.
ttt_underground by Solid Shadow.
ttt_borders by Alters.
ttt_enclave by darkhazz.

Check out this thread for maps originally made for other games/mods, that have been "rearmed" with weapon placement for TTT.

Map compatibility
TTT is compatible out-of-the-box with maps from certain other games/mods:
- CS:S maps (rearm scripts for all official CS:S maps are included with TTT).
- ZM maps.
- HL2DM maps (less than ideal weapon and ammo placement unless a rearm script is present).
- TF2 maps also work, though be careful with multi-stage CP maps where players might spawn in an "inactive" closed-off part of the map.

Any map can be made compatible by creating a "rearm script", which is a script containing weapon, ammo, and player spawn locations. A GMod sandbox tool that makes this easy is included with TTT, and there's a guide for it here.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 06:19:35 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 06:13:12 PM »

Coolio.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
Laserhead
Poster

Unicorn Meat Production Manager

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 06:16:55 PM »

Thanks for all the hard work on this, can't wait to try it once I get gmod. If it's anything like SK on ZM then it should be a good laugh :D.

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!
Quote from:  " Pi Mu Rho"
Angry Lawyer is alive and well and probably in your mother's bedroo
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 06:17:34 PM »

With the clean thread comes a new version:

- Weapon balance:
 * Leg and arm shots result in 50% of the damage instead of 20%.
 * MAC10 now has a small spread but lots of recoil.
 * Shotgun damage increased a tad.
 * Headshots from MAC10 and Shotgun now do 3x damage instead of 2x.
 * Carbine can shoot a tad faster.

- Improved spectator mumbling of special characters to prevent leetspeak and such.

- Internal improvements to grenade code to make it relatively easy to add more.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v130909
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 06:20:39 PM by theGreenBunny »
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »

Updated.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 06:28:42 PM »

AndyP is an overzealous british bastard

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 06:39:32 PM »

It seems that during the prep time people can not get damaged. This is a good feature, except it also kills off fall damage, this allows people to get to places they really shouldn't like on my canyon map if you jump down at round start and then be stuck in the bottom. I know I can do things to fix this, but this could pose issues in other maps as well and maybe fall damage should still count during the prep?

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 06:44:31 PM »

It seems that during the prep time people can not get damaged. This is a good feature, except it also kills off fall damage, this allows people to get to places they really shouldn't like on my canyon map if you jump down at round start and then be stuck in the bottom. I know I can do things to fix this, but this could pose issues in other maps as well and maybe fall damage should still count during the prep?

I hadn't realized at the time maps would rely on fall damage. I think it will actually affect trigger_hurt as well though, so it needs fixing either way.

It would probably be easy enough to allow damage that is not player-induced. That would let physics damage through, but I can filter that out (needed cause players can swing objects around). I think that covers all the obvious ways, and people will get respawned at the start of the round if something gets through. The damage prevention is mainly there to prevent pre-round shootouts and casual griefing that would prevent people from gathering up some weapons for the round.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 06:59:14 PM »

How does a prop get embedded into the wall? I'll need to reproduce the situation before I can do anything about it.

In ZM_downtown there are objects in certain buildings that start placed inside walls by the map maker.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 06:59:57 PM »

Bug?
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/worbat/zm_downtown_v10009.jpg
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 08:28:56 PM by theGreenBunny »

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 07:03:43 PM »

That happened to me a few times yesterday.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Dinner
Poster

The Harlem Globetrotters: Fashion World Tour

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 07:04:23 PM »

That happened for me every so often. I know it wasn't introduced in the latest version.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 07:07:36 PM »

In ZM_downtown there are objects in certain buildings that start placed inside walls by the map maker.

Okay, I'll see if I can find them sometime.

Bug?

Did you use invnext/invprev in the console or something? Does it only happen once or every time you switch weapons from that point on?
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 07:10:24 PM »

I used no commands. I alt tabbed though.

my god
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 07:45:49 PM »

Secone's terrified final moments:
http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/8e15aa5a7c3c304eb926426411953dc644621038.png
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 08:29:15 PM by theGreenBunny »

Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »

that was supposed to say Octane

PS: I also got the error Worbat had, it was all weird

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2009, 08:20:29 PM »

tgb, add tic-tac-toe and connect four for spectators.

Barbalute
Global Moderator

build test this

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2009, 08:54:00 PM »

tgb, add tic-tac-toe and connect four for spectators.

I don't know if that's necessary. I think the minigame of "try to get yourself to mumble 'mammaries'" is good enough for me.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2009, 08:54:17 PM »

That reminds me, spectators should be able to hear living players. I think in ZM SK, that was the best part, because every situation boiled down to a really intense verbal mexican standoff, and the many many many people not left alive could revel in the awesome.

Second, that punishment system reeeaaaalllly needs to be implemented. Doesn't have to be too complicated, a one warning two slay system could work, so long as there's something to motivate people to be more cautious.

Third, killers ought to be able to see their partners on the scoreboard (either dead or alive). You can look it up manually anyways, it's just a lot of annoying work.

Fourth, mac10 needs some changing. While all weapons are powerful in some situation, the mac10 is inferior in all situations.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2009, 09:25:24 PM »

I like the mac10 now.

my god
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length