Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 07:54:20 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1696568 times)
V
Poster

This visage, no mere veneer of vanity...

« Reply #100 on: September 16, 2009, 06:34:08 AM »

We need CSS to play this right?  If so I'll be buying it soon.                   

If  I ever finish downloading Red Faction 3...

People should not be afraid of their governments.  Governments should be afraid of their people...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #101 on: September 16, 2009, 07:34:06 AM »

Played this for the first time very fun. I can't find anything that needs changing. And have you thought about making a Facepunch thread for this. So the gmoders know about it and hopefully we get more servers.

There are quite some gamemodes a lot like this one, I believe. Like Parasite and such. Main difference is that in those modes the "killers" tend to have some infection effect that changes the game from being more like SK to being more like team DM as soon as the "killers" gain critical mass by converting enough players.

SK isn't really that wildly original.

In addition, I don't really have any desire to involve myself with facepunch in any way.

You'd have to create your own scoreboard if you want certain people to see different things, and tGB didn't seem willing ALTHOUGH IT WOULD BE TOTALLY AWESOME IF HE DID.

Thing is that it's not a scoreboard issue. I could change the scoreboard to a huge pretty flower that shows nothing, and then a smart user could go to the console and use a line of Lua to print everyone's dead/alive state. It goes a lot further than changing how a menu looks, it means I need more control over what each client knows about each player's state.

This requires big changes in the plumbing, some of which may not even be possible. Players would have to die when killed without actually dying in the typical Source sense, because I can't keep it from sending the standard Source dead/alive state to everyone.

I've been thinking about making a poll thread or something where people could vote on whether I should work on that, or do other features that would be done faster (eg. a traitor menu and traitor equipment).

Asking for a user preference/option to turn spectator listen-in on survivors on and off, turns out it's very annoying on a full server with survivors constantly talking while spectators are trying to have a conversation about what's going on.

Server-side or client-side? I know server-side is possible. Client-side would be preferable in my mind but I don't know if it's possible.

I'm hosting a United Kingdom TTT Server now, IP: 89.238.160.9:27019 . Even for US people (As I am one myself) I only have about 90-130ping which isn't too bad in my opinion for being in the US.

Thanks, added it to the OP.

What maps are in rotation on both servers? I'd like to make a complete list in the OP of maps players might need.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #102 on: September 16, 2009, 07:36:50 AM »

I feel like making some TTT art.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Username Exists
Poster

European Wunderkind

« Reply #103 on: September 16, 2009, 10:54:10 AM »

Okay just so you know!  I fucking bought Garrys Mod now so that i can play your mod.
You may feel honored!

Hail Kiwiâ„¢ and the United States of America! Sausages suck and Burgers rock!
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #104 on: September 16, 2009, 11:44:08 AM »

Nobody cares. You should feel honored for getting to play this game.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Username Exists
Poster

European Wunderkind

« Reply #105 on: September 16, 2009, 11:48:48 AM »

Come on Ahjunk go and try to get some more attention with your self created stalker. That's something nobody really cares about.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #106 on: September 16, 2009, 04:56:26 PM »

I'd care if I got some kickback but noooo. Garry is clearly as selfish as he is bald.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #107 on: September 16, 2009, 08:16:35 PM »

Bug: Spectators can attach to ladders and when they get off they are affected by gravity, physics, cant jump and move extremely slowly.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:17:54 PM by Qloos »
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #108 on: September 16, 2009, 10:22:50 PM »

Quite a few people agreed in game on wanting to change the M4 to a scout, with scope. No actual change is needed outside of the model, so. I told them to post here, too, about it, though people are lazy... so eh.
goatfetus
Poster

Righting wrongs through penetration

« Reply #109 on: September 16, 2009, 11:41:01 PM »

Quick question, I sort of asked about this in the original SK thread, but I'll ask it here. For people who are mapping for TTTT, what Hammer configuration do you use? Engine version and game I mean. Also, say, I used Garry's Mod configuration, What weapons and ammo do I need to place so that TTT can do it's thing and make the actual TTT weapons and ammo spawn?

Remember Remember the 10 of December
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #110 on: September 16, 2009, 11:41:43 PM »

I agree with Gamer. A 'check for weapons' function would be awesome, too.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #111 on: September 16, 2009, 11:54:17 PM »

I'm glad we're slowly pulling in new regulars to the server

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
zombie_hamster
King Beautiful

Professional christmas

« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2009, 12:03:38 AM »

hmmm, I don't like a check for weapons function.
What about a button which could drop a single weapon and a button which drops all at once? A traitor could try and speedily press the former to attempt to imitate the latter so he doesn't drop all his weapons. Adds a new way of checking weapons and a new way of avoiding it.

words are nice
actions are good too but they're nicer if words inspire them
www.cleanbreath.org
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2009, 12:36:28 AM »

Still haven't resolved why not everyone get's the magneto stick and crowbar at the beginning of every round, I get that quite a few times a night.
Pwnzor
Poster

« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2009, 01:46:27 AM »

Quite a few people agreed in game on wanting to change the M4 to a scout, with scope. No actual change is needed outside of the model, so. I told them to post here, too, about it, though people are lazy... so eh.

pretty much this.  Also the rage dolls should be lighter cuz its hard to move them around right now.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2009, 02:10:45 AM »

pretty much this.  Also the rage dolls should be lighter cuz its hard to move them around right now.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2009, 02:27:37 AM »

RAGE DOLLS?!?

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2009, 02:29:15 AM »

DOLLS OF RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

SOUNDS MANLY.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Username Exists
Poster

European Wunderkind

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2009, 07:17:12 AM »

Weapon icons aren't shown in the hud.
Weapon  disappears for half a second after shooting with it.

Apart from the tab stats screen i have only the normal HL2 hud.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 07:21:00 AM by Username Exists »

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2009, 07:51:06 AM »

When you say "with scope", do you mean an actual graphical scope when you zoom in? Because that would be a lot more work than just changing the model. It's also the main reason why I haven't changed it so far. Though thinking about it now, I could just use the CS:S scope graphic, perhaps. I'll put it on the list.

Still haven't resolved why not everyone get's the magneto stick and crowbar at the beginning of every round, I get that quite a few times a night.

It can happen because the spawn point is so close to an object/wall that the weapons don't "fit" there. However, it should just spawn in the weapons a few seconds later when the person is out in the open.

Weapon icons aren't shown in the hud.
Weapon  disappears for half a second after shooting with it.

Apart from the tab stats screen i have only the normal HL2 hud.

I've had another report of this but I have no idea why this happens. It sounded like the code didn't download from the server properly, but I assume you've played this version before and therefore wouldn't need to download it.

Maybe the server just needs a restart?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length