Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:59:52 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700806 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #520 on: September 29, 2009, 08:45:27 PM »

Kick ass. Instead of having to hold shift + talk key to talk to traitors why not make it just shift? Cause I foresee some sticky key errors having to walk and talk to traitors. But otherwise looks good.

I'm not sure if this is possible, but it'd be better so I'll put it on the list to take a look.

I had a thought about the C4, maybe left click to weld to a wall and right click to just drop it on the ground with physics. Or will this cause some balance issues?

Seems like it could work out.

I take it creating something, and then having people enjoy what you create, is something you like TGB?

I suppose, though both bits are of equal relevance. I like making things even if no one or only a few people see them.

Bug: The rifle still appears as the M16 in Hammer. Nothing big, just something to fix.

Fixed for next release.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #521 on: September 29, 2009, 10:31:33 PM »

I noticed in ttt_canyon that when sniping, people just look at you and go "HEY CRAZYCHICKEN IS LOOKING AT US WITH SCOUT HES THE TRAITOR!!!" Could you make it so at a certain distance (far distance) peoples names disappear.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #522 on: September 29, 2009, 10:33:17 PM »

I'm against anything that will lead to traitors accidentally teamkilling.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #523 on: September 29, 2009, 10:35:52 PM »

Ok then maybe traitors names for traitors will still show not that big of a fix ::)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 10:45:30 PM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #524 on: September 29, 2009, 11:53:03 PM »

So if you're a spectator (joined mid-game), you can both examine bodies and use C4 (arm and defuse).

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Unknown
Build Tester

What did you learn?

« Reply #525 on: September 29, 2009, 11:53:53 PM »

I think that's just your power over c4.

Captain Laserkopf: YEAH THAT BECAUSE THEY DONT HAVE AN POTATOES IN THEM
Mad Mints: >making plans for children before they're even born
Mad Mints: >implying she's not infertile from being punched in the uterus by my mind
Mad Mints: I'M HATING HER OVARIES TO DEATH
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #526 on: September 30, 2009, 02:35:22 AM »

First off, thanks for adding the quick chat commands, it really helps out.
Only slight problem I have with it is, it's very hard to use considering there are a lot of moving targets. If you want to say "I'm with...", you have to put your crosshair firmly on him AND track him with your crosshair until you've completed the command. 90% of the time, I'm seeing nobody. ;)

Is there any way you can record the last person you had your crosshair hovered over? Or failing that, person in your nearest vicinity? 0.o

Thanks! Loving TTT, and again, thank you for taking everyone's suggestions to mind!
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #527 on: September 30, 2009, 03:07:40 AM »

So the traitor-only team voice chat thing works, and I love the new red pic icon, but it only shows up for the speaker. The other traitors see it as just green. Probably just a bug or typo.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #528 on: September 30, 2009, 07:58:29 AM »

So if you're a spectator (joined mid-game), you can both examine bodies and use C4 (arm and defuse).

You might be able to open the C4 menu, but you cannot arm or defuse it. I'll add a check to keep specs from opening it though.

I was actually thinking I'd let (all) spectators search bodies, gives them something harmless to do.

Is there any way you can record the last person you had your crosshair hovered over? Or failing that, person in your nearest vicinity? 0.o

I noticed that problem as well when I played. I'll see if I can make this easier, probably something like your first suggestion.

So the traitor-only team voice chat thing works, and I love the new red pic icon, but it only shows up for the speaker. The other traitors see it as just green. Probably just a bug or typo.

I'll take a look. It's one of those things I can't test, though I'm going to try to make a bot send the voicechat command.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #529 on: September 30, 2009, 04:07:49 PM »

Upperdaet:

- Quickchat/radio targeting is now much easier, if you're not aiming at a person it uses the last one you targeted (if you targeted someone within the last 2 seconds). It dynamically shows what name will be used in the menu. You can now also target corpses.

- Quickchat now has an enforced delay of half a second between sends. I believe ULX offers chatspam prevention features, so I advise server admins who have ULX to make use of those as well. Or just add a rule about not spamming the commands (it's the equivalent of micspam after all).

- Replaced C4 sound effect with CS:S's bomb explosion sound

- Sprint key enables voicechat that is only heard by other traitors (ie. you don't have to press two keys anymore)

- Voicechat indicator should now also be red for traitor-only voicechat listeners (untested)

- Fixed spectators being able to view the C4's menu

- Allowed all spectators to search bodies

Trouble in Terrorist Town v300909
Laserhead
Poster

Unicorn Meat Production Manager

« Reply #530 on: September 30, 2009, 04:24:14 PM »

Wow, thanks for all the speedy work!

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!
Quote from:  " Pi Mu Rho"
Angry Lawyer is alive and well and probably in your mother's bedroo
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #531 on: September 30, 2009, 04:32:35 PM »

By the way, when moving from follow-spectate to freelook-spectate, you're teleported back to where you were when you snapped onto someone. Any chance you could move it back to the usual system where going into freelook just "un-snaps" you?

So, just curious, are there any plans to prevent innocents from seeing who's alive and who's not?

That old system I suggested where, for the innocents, death notices are off and nobody is moved to spectator on the scoreboard when they die. However, searching a dead body moves that name to the dead list for innocents, and their discovered innocence/guilt is displayed (also, if a body is found and checked, that should appear to the spectators and traitors too). I remember hearing that you didn't want to make a custom scoreboard or something, is that forever or are you planning on getting to it eventually?

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #532 on: September 30, 2009, 04:44:09 PM »

By the way, when moving from follow-spectate to freelook-spectate, you're teleported back to where you were when you snapped onto someone. Any chance you could move it back to the usual system where going into freelook just "un-snaps" you?

I thought this was already the case when using spacebar?

So, just curious, are there any plans to prevent innocents from seeing who's alive and who's not?

That old system I suggested where, for the innocents, death notices are off and nobody is moved to spectator on the scoreboard when they die. However, searching a dead body moves that name to the dead list for innocents, and their discovered innocence/guilt is displayed (also, if a body is found and checked, that should appear to the spectators and traitors too). I remember hearing that you didn't want to make a custom scoreboard or something, is that forever or are you planning on getting to it eventually?

I posted about this and some of the issues related to it a few days ago, not sure if you noticed it back then:
http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9124.msg325427#msg325427

Scoreboard is not the issue.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 04:46:29 PM by theGreenBunny »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #533 on: September 30, 2009, 04:52:11 PM »

Didn't see that. Oh well, darn shame, but I suppose it can't be helped.

While I'm at it, I thought of something regarding all the punishment system controversy. Why not try making the system, but make it a server variable defaulted to off? Hopefully then we can test it and determine what's better without hurting the norm.

FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #534 on: September 30, 2009, 07:02:00 PM »

Updated, cheers keep up the good work.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #535 on: September 30, 2009, 07:03:39 PM »

For those just keeping tabs on this thread and not any others I just put up a new map based on the Clue board game here: http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9159.0

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #536 on: September 30, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »

aah yeah I heard Wombat speak about it.
Adding to The Ice Cave now.

Edit*

Just noticed I could see the traitor's red orb on the right when he was using shift while I was innocent.
Yup just tested it, it shows up for a very short moment.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 07:32:28 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #537 on: September 30, 2009, 08:14:06 PM »

I've noticed that spectators can't search bodies, so that's a known issue I'll look at. The amount of time a quickchat target stays active (ie. before it goes back to "nobody") also needs to be half a second longer or so.

aah yeah I heard Wombat speak about it.
Adding to The Ice Cave now.

Edit*

Just noticed I could see the traitor's red orb on the right when he was using shift while I was innocent.
Yup just tested it, it shows up for a very short moment.

Were both of you alive at the time?

Were you a traitor with him the previous round? Or a previous round, I think it may be caused by a certain flag not being reset at the end of the round.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 08:17:55 PM by theGreenBunny »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #538 on: September 30, 2009, 08:43:46 PM »

It was only with a few players so only 1 traitor max was selected.
And we both were alive indeed, I think I also saw it when he was dead and the round was preparing to restart.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #539 on: September 30, 2009, 09:22:48 PM »

Odd. I'll take a look and make sure things are reset properly etc, then we'll see how it goes next version.

I've also abused my admin powers to make a subforum for TTT, because we were getting a lot of map threads.

Lastly, I did some numbers on the DPS of the weapons, especially for the pistol and deagle because their identical accuracy makes them easily comparable. As a result I'll be dropping the firing delay further for next version, to make the deagle about as effective as the pistol with body shots. Of course they will still be very different guns, just more similar in how useful they are in normal firefights.

I'm going to experiment a bit with small changes to the shotgun.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length