Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:51:29 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700186 times)
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #540 on: September 30, 2009, 09:26:01 PM »

Cool. By the way, how does the mounting system work for TTT? I thought it only mounted CS:S, so how is it that we can play HL2:DM maps (ZM Maps) and everything works? What games' models can we use in maps exactly?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #541 on: September 30, 2009, 09:37:44 PM »

The Source engine includes a bunch of content by default. All of HL2's (and HL2DM's) content in fact. So even if you only own TF2 or something, that would all still work.

So in addition to that stuff, TTT also requires CS:S as you said, which means you can use everything from there.

I'm not 100% on what the situation with Ep2 content is. I'm fairly sure it's not included with the OB engine or anything, so it probably wouldn't work. Or it might work, but only for people who own Ep2.
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #542 on: October 01, 2009, 12:34:26 AM »

The Source engine includes a bunch of content by default. All of HL2's (and HL2DM's) content in fact. So even if you only own TF2 or something, that would all still work.

So in addition to that stuff, TTT also requires CS:S as you said, which means you can use everything from there.

I'm not 100% on what the situation with Ep2 content is. I'm fairly sure it's not included with the OB engine or anything, so it probably wouldn't work. Or it might work, but only for people who own Ep2.

I can confirm that you need EP2 to be able to run EP2 content. I know a few Gmod RP mapmakers who wanted to make EP2 style forest RP maps. They usually don't become that successful because only people with EP2 can play it.

On a sidenote, the traitor voicechat is causing problems. The biggest being that when you first use it, you actually flash up as a normal speaker on the bottom right but with the red background for a millisecond. This flash however, can give traitors away particularly if they have a familiar avatar or long/distinct name.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 01:18:05 AM by Blitzy! »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #543 on: October 01, 2009, 01:05:27 PM »

What bits of CSS does TTT use?
A list would be cool.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #544 on: October 01, 2009, 01:19:43 PM »

Do you need me for that? It's all fairly obvious: weapon models/sounds/textures. Player textures (models are from gmod), as of next version also some player death/pain-sounds. That's the gist of it. However maps are now also using CS:S textures, and will no doubt use more in the future.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #545 on: October 01, 2009, 03:17:37 PM »

Well, somethings like the incendiary grenade use the frag explosion sound. (I think)
A list would be easier than working it out but if you don't have one to hand. It's not a problem.

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #546 on: October 01, 2009, 03:58:31 PM »

The incendiary explosion is just the default explosion effect, which includes a sound, so that's not a CS:S one.

I indeed don't have a list of sounds, but if I were to compile one I would do a text search of the TTT directory on "Sound" (case sensitive), because that would get you every line where a sound is either precached or played.

Models and textures are definitely limited to the areas I mentioned in my previous post. I don't use any CS:S stuff in the interface or anything. You could the models as well by searching on "models/" (preferably including the slash so you just get all model paths).

If you don't have a handy way of doing such searches I can PM you the results of mine, seeing as they only take me a few seconds to do.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #547 on: October 01, 2009, 05:06:48 PM »

An update of small things I happened to fix during my morning coffee coding:

- Deagle firing delay reduced by about 30%, clip size increased by 2, damage increased by a tiny bit. Recoil a bit higher (but accuracy has not changed). Should now be competitive with pistol as sidearm.

- Shotgun damage lowered a tad. Now requires a modicum of aim at very short ranges, because it won't kill with a single bodyshot (but it will if one or two pellets hit the head, so that's where you should aim).

- Spectator body searching disabled for all spectators, because gmod blocks dead people from +use in a way I can't change. Technically late-joining spectators are not dead so it can work for them, but I've disabled it for consistency.

- Traitor-only voicechat indicators were sometimes showing for innocents, hopefully fixed.

- C4 disarm timer now shows milliseconds, and a failed disarm attempt decreases the time left by two seconds. Disarming is now hopefully a little less comfortable and relaxed.

- Removed HL2 HEV death beep.

- Added death sounds when a player dies. Sound never plays if the kill was due to a headshot.

- Teamkilling score penalties increased, after team based bonuses had made their effect negligible.

- While in chase mode, spectator's jump key now un-chases you at the position of the player you were chasing, instead of putting you back somewhere else.

- Round time remaining was still not being sent to late-joining spectators in some cases, which should now be fixed.

- Radiocommand targeted player is stored for a second longer, it was reverting to "nobody" a bit too quickly.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v011009
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #548 on: October 01, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »

Server updated. I like the deagle upgrades.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #549 on: October 01, 2009, 05:30:37 PM »

If you could tGB it would be much welcomed.

my god
Pyro93735
Poster

« Reply #550 on: October 01, 2009, 06:06:31 PM »

Would it be possible to make shots from behind do a percentage of bonus damage? I'd think getting shot in the back with an aimed shot should be game unless it's with a pansy weapon like a pistol.

Service with a smile :D
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #551 on: October 01, 2009, 09:19:47 PM »

Great, updating.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Flaming Monkey
Poster

« Reply #552 on: October 01, 2009, 11:02:09 PM »

Would it be possible to make shots from behind do a percentage of bonus damage? I'd think getting shot in the back with an aimed shot should be game unless it's with a pansy weapon like a pistol.

I second this.  Maybe 10% bonus damage?

link=topic=4658.msg385943#msg385943 date=1277847751]
And I Marauder. Me scared big bright in sky, it make hot.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #553 on: October 02, 2009, 12:39:38 AM »

The c4 is broken in the sense that That Guy planted one outside the pawn shop and shadow, about 1 meter and 1 wall beside it, took no damage.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #554 on: October 02, 2009, 12:43:58 AM »

Is there a possibility to add a ttt_carries_primary or something to check players for primary weapons, like the ttt_traitor_check? I'd like to put this in my map.

I also got the idea, that death messages doesn't pop up until a player spots the dead body.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #555 on: October 02, 2009, 01:39:46 AM »

I also got the idea, that death messages doesn't pop up until a player spots the dead body.

I thought that was said to never be able to implement but it would still be cool.

And I'll just suggest this one moar time. And I'll make it slightly bigger.

Can we please have totally random playermodels.
I don't see why it hasn't been done yet. Having 16 of the same terrorist running around is getting pretty old to me. It makes more sense to have a variety of terrorists. Good day sir.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #556 on: October 02, 2009, 01:47:53 AM »

Can we please have totally random playermodels.
I don't see why it hasn't been done yet. Having 16 of the same terrorist running around is getting pretty old to me. It makes more sense to have a variety of terrorists. Good day sir.

I thought he already said no to that? In fact I am sure he did.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #557 on: October 02, 2009, 01:50:53 AM »

It's been turned down because of technical limitations.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #558 on: October 02, 2009, 02:01:07 AM »

Really? I don't remember hearing that. Or I need to pay attention more.

I thought he already said no to that? In fact I am sure he did.

And yes I have said it before but got no answer :/

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #559 on: October 02, 2009, 02:05:25 AM »

And yes I have said it before but got no answer :/

I really am pretty sure he said no because he didn't want people saying "ITS THE SNOW SUIT GUY" and singling em out when you can't identify their name.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length