Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:00:19 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700843 times)
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #500 on: September 29, 2009, 07:57:22 AM »

I was wrong, extracting css works fine. The only entity that appears as error right now is revolver ammo.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #501 on: September 29, 2009, 01:48:22 PM »

Once the killers are picked everyone's hp should be set to 100. Some maps spawn you in fire.

Agreed, on the list.

Disarming it could now perhaps favour running away.

I should add you can now after disarming (or before arming) also press a button to pick up the bomb as a weapon (ie. not manually with the carry weapon).

It could well be that disarming is now too easy, in which case I plan to add a time penalty for getting a code wrong (so get it wrong and the timer immediately goes down by a few seconds), and perhaps an extra digit. We shall see.

Glitch with Last Words: If you hit enter on a message as you die, it comes out as mumbles with no last words.

Not something fixable, it's an inevitable phenomenon caused by lag. It should only occur for a very short time, basically if you send right when you die.

Good update. And about the C4 traitors can pick it up but innocents cant? That sure would make the C4 a kick ass weapon if so. Planting a bomb in the test chamber in the thing for a long time and then no one would enter cause they might die :D

The bomb welds itself to the surface it's on when it is armed, so neither traitors nor innocents can pick it up. The exception is when a traitor intentionally sticks it on eg. a gas can which he can then carry/throw/whatever.

So here's the deal. If you're a traitor and leave the equipment menu open when a new round starts, it stays there. During setup, the game actually thinks you're still a traitor, so you can spawn yourself something from the list and be chosen as innocent with, say, body armor.

Ahh, that makes sense. I'll fix it.

I was wrong, extracting css works fine. The only entity that appears as error right now is revolver ammo.

Fixed that ammo model name for the next version.

Here's an idea for a traitor equipment. A portable radar. It could be something you have to pull out or just a minimap that shows where all the terrorists are. Better yet, it shows where one random, living terrorist is. It's useful and it will stop rounds from lasting forever on big maps with two people running around looking for eachother.

Could be interesting and has a clear purpose. I'm not sure yet what form would work best. Perhaps as Ajunk said something with just the distance, and perhaps a general direction (north, south-west, etc). I'd give it a scanning delay, so you could update it at most once every five seconds or so (maybe more). You'd know the general locations of terrorists but you couldn't trivially track them if they make an effort.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #502 on: September 29, 2009, 02:14:38 PM »

We need more maps, bad. I haven't had a chance to check out ice cave yet, but I imagine they must have a couple worth playing on the main servers.

I made a map, but I did not relase it yet beacause I hated it and it was really badly optimised.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #503 on: September 29, 2009, 02:51:16 PM »

Instead of a radar, maybe a little arrow to the nearest target?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #504 on: September 29, 2009, 04:32:44 PM »

Quickchat/radio commands

Zoom key shows little popup, does not affect ability to move/aim. Press the appropriate weapon slot key to send a quickchat message. Popup closes after sending a message, or after a few seconds, or if you press zoom again. Zoom key is unbound by default sadly, but is in the keyboard menu.

You can bind commands to individual keys without using the menu by binding them to "ttt_radio <commandname>", where commandname is "yes", "imwith", "traitor" and so on. The console should autocomplete the command names when you type ttt_radio so you can find them all that way. I'll put them in the help as well.

Making interface stuff like this in gmod is just so smooth that I can't resist making stuff with it when there's a good reason to.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #505 on: September 29, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »

No idea why I thought of this, but imagine TTT in a more Red Faction: Guerrila-esqe setting, eg. causing buildings TO FUCKING COLLAPSE ON TOP OF PEOPLE.

It'd be awesome.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #506 on: September 29, 2009, 04:55:57 PM »

I suppose that's more of a map thing.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #507 on: September 29, 2009, 05:07:52 PM »

Kind of an engine thing.

except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #508 on: September 29, 2009, 05:45:06 PM »

a href="http://i38.tinypic.com/6ftkxw.jpg">Quickchat/radio commands

Zoom key shows little popup, does not affect ability to move/aim.
So what's the deal on pressing a key so only fellow traitors can hear you on mic?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #509 on: September 29, 2009, 06:14:38 PM »

Oh, updating, will I ever be able to quit you?

- Pressing E (use) on a corpse shows information about the dead player: nick, traitor/innocent, body armor, bomb code, fatal damage type and weapon used (if any). Turns out terrorists all took an autopsy class while at the University of Terror (UoT).

- Corpses show dead player's nickname when targeting them

- Crowbar secondary push attack has much shorter cooldown if you didn't hit anyone

- C4 makeover:
  * Damage goes through walls within limited radius
  * Bomb welds itself to surface it is on when you arm it
  * Minimum time of 30 seconds
  * When disarming, numbers you got right will be shown as such
  * Pickup button allows you to take a bomb back into your weapon inventory if it is not armed

- Shotgun fires a bit slower and has slightly more recoil

- Deagle shoots slightly faster and has slightly better accuracy

- Holding sprint key while you voicechat will send the chat only to your fellow traitors. This is experimental and may not work right, so test it before you say important things. You can perhaps use bind magic to make it a toggle.
fake edit: hi ajunk

- Quickchat/radio commands (see above), bind your Suit Zoom key, press it and press a number. Or bind a quickchat to a key (see help with F1 and scroll down for a guide).

- Health of living players refilled at round start (just realized I never tested this, so I hope it works)

- Fixed ex-traitors being able to get stuff from their traitor menu during the next round's preparation phase

- Fixed pervasive issue with damage type detection that primarily affected the detection of what weapon was used for the round awards and event log

- Awards for C4, silenced pistol, and pushing

- Added note about traitor menu to round start popup

- Fixed event list in round report being too high for the window, cutting it off for big rounds
- Fixed falling/world deaths showing up in the event log with an empty killer nickname

- Fixed ttt_print_traitors to work from server console

Trouble in Terrorist Town v290909
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #510 on: September 29, 2009, 06:41:54 PM »

TGB you're awesome, can't wait to test this stuff out. I love the sound of traitor voice chat.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #511 on: September 29, 2009, 06:46:22 PM »

Updated my server, thanks tGB.
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #512 on: September 29, 2009, 06:57:41 PM »

Just wondering- is there something we can do to prevent the last two or three people descending into a buttonmash deathmatch?
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #513 on: September 29, 2009, 06:58:49 PM »

I <3 you.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #514 on: September 29, 2009, 07:00:56 PM »

Kick ass. Instead of having to hold shift + talk key to talk to traitors why not make it just shift? Cause I foresee some sticky key errors having to walk and talk to traitors. But otherwise looks good.

I had a thought about the C4, maybe left click to weld to a wall and right click to just drop it on the ground with physics. Or will this cause some balance issues?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 07:02:03 PM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #515 on: September 29, 2009, 07:07:24 PM »

I take it creating something, and then having people enjoy what you create, is something you like TGB?

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #516 on: September 29, 2009, 07:48:33 PM »

Bug: The rifle still appears as the M16 in Hammer. Nothing big, just something to fix.
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #517 on: September 29, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »

fukfuckfuckfuck

I wanna go home and play right now.

OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #518 on: September 29, 2009, 08:11:57 PM »

Kick ass. Instead of having to hold shift + talk key to talk to traitors why not make it just shift? Cause I foresee some sticky key errors having to walk and talk to traitors. But otherwise looks good.

Shift 5 times -> Keyboard controls -> turn off sticky keys when shift is pressed 5 times -> winner winner chicken dinner

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #519 on: September 29, 2009, 08:25:50 PM »

Updated.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length