Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:10:27 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1701618 times)
Solid Shadow
Build Tester

Usch

« Reply #560 on: October 02, 2009, 03:21:43 AM »

Is it just me or does C4 no longer go through walls at all? Also there's only one explosion now, was that changed? Missed that if so.

I don't know about you guys, but I really, really love ham.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #561 on: October 02, 2009, 04:08:17 AM »

Yeah c4 is broke or something, I stood right on top of one as it went off and no damage at all.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #562 on: October 02, 2009, 08:40:51 AM »

Hmm, I'll take a look at the C4.

Did not change much about it other than turning the three explosion sound effects into one big CS:S c4 boom.

Is there a possibility to add a ttt_carries_primary or something to check players for primary weapons, like the ttt_traitor_check? I'd like to put this in my map.

What exactly would you want this to do (or: what will you use it for)? Just exactly like traitor check except fire the output if a player is carrying primary weapons?

eeny is correct about the player model thing.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #563 on: October 02, 2009, 11:28:47 AM »

Just exactly like traitor check except fire the output if a player is carrying primary weapons?

yup. I thought of some kind of metal detector, that is capable of finding large weapons.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #564 on: October 02, 2009, 02:41:41 PM »

Ah, that makes sense.

Ideally it would handle primary weapons and secondary weapons depending on what you set it to, perhaps even specific entities (checking for bombs). I'll see if I can fix up something nice in that regard.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #565 on: October 02, 2009, 03:54:17 PM »

Small update, mostly to fix C4:

- Fixed bug in C4 that caused half the explosion mechanics to not happen (including damage through walls)

- Made grenades change your posture when you pull out the pin. Should make it easier to spot if someone is cooking a nade and is about to fry you (of course they can still throw it uncooked, but then you'll have a few seconds to move out).

- Made fire effect from incendiary grenades (and c4) vary a bit in flame size, looks a little nicer.

- Changed inaccurate wording in headshot award (if the highest headshot count was 1, it would say that was the only headshot, while there could be more people with one headshot).

Trouble in Terrorist Town v021009

Funny thing is that the C4 bug went unnoticed because of some code I put in that prevents the explosion from breaking and constantly spamming if a Lua error happens in the explosion code (like if someone places it in a glitchy spot or something). I forgot to put in something that prints out the error message if an error is caught, so a typo in the through-walls-explosion code slipped past my extremely diligent and thorough testing procedures.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #566 on: October 02, 2009, 05:14:08 PM »

Is there any way to prioritize awards so that more rare ones (such as c4 kills, pushing kills, suicide to explosion, etc.) aren't knocked out by commons ones (killed one guy with x weapon)?

Also, what about altering the mumble code a bit so that instead of randomly picking from a list dotted with hilarious non-sequiturs, it instead rolls and picks from either a list of actual mumbles or non-sequiturs (1:9 ratio? Whatever it is now). That way you could add an ungodly amount of funny words and phrases without having to think of 10 new mutters per.

Cause I think it's safe to say, those funny off words or phrases really make the mutter what it is today.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #567 on: October 02, 2009, 05:29:30 PM »

Is there any way to prioritize awards so that more rare ones (such as c4 kills, pushing kills, suicide to explosion, etc.) aren't knocked out by commons ones (killed one guy with x weapon)?

Yes, and I agree this would be good.

Also, what about altering the mumble code a bit so that instead of randomly picking from a list dotted with hilarious non-sequiturs, it instead rolls and picks from either a list of actual mumbles or non-sequiturs (1:9 ratio? Whatever it is now). That way you could add an ungodly amount of funny words and phrases without having to think of 10 new mutters per.

Cause I think it's safe to say, those funny off words or phrases really make the mutter what it is today.

I'm not sure about this one though. The thing with mumbles now is that people might spam them a bit until they've seen all the funny words, and then they won't anymore. If I make the list big, there would be more exhaustive spamming, which is kind of annoying.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #568 on: October 02, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »

Just add a 3 second delay to mumbling, or count on people not to be fucktards. I know on alter's server there's always  1 or 2 admins on.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #569 on: October 02, 2009, 06:53:51 PM »

So I just noticed this new board and haven't played SK since it was first ported to Gmod. What's changed?

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #570 on: October 02, 2009, 07:04:04 PM »

Oh my lord you have no idea.

Also, read.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #571 on: October 02, 2009, 07:48:14 PM »

29 pages?

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
mysquirrel
Poster

VIDEO GAMES MADE ME DO IT

« Reply #572 on: October 02, 2009, 08:51:13 PM »

29 pages?

Yes

I AM THE DEV SUMMONER

My fingers are itching to reward you with a ban for reporting this.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #573 on: October 02, 2009, 08:52:15 PM »

Yes

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #574 on: October 02, 2009, 09:06:54 PM »

Admit it, you have time.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #575 on: October 02, 2009, 11:11:02 PM »

It's 29 solid pages with very little babel.

I'm not sure about this one though. The thing with mumbles now is that people might spam them a bit until they've seen all the funny words, and then they won't anymore. If I make the list big, there would be more exhaustive spamming, which is kind of annoying.
That's true, which is a shame. A mumble delayer would only drag out the problem. In all honesty, I've never really been for the mumble mechanic. It's funny, but it's also annoying when you kill someone silently and they just flood the chatbox with mumbling to alert attention to the fact that THEY died.

Soduka
Poster

« Reply #576 on: October 03, 2009, 12:11:53 AM »

No more delay, the delay currently in place is already annoying when I'm trying to type fast when my chat box fills.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #577 on: October 03, 2009, 02:25:59 AM »

While I'm at it, am I the only one currently not so happy with how round ending works? The teamkilling kind of ruins the atmosphere and I can't move or talk while the end-of-round list is up (which can't be reopened when I close it because I want to talk about the round).

Just saying, I think it needs some work. Maybe I stand alone on this, but maybe not.

JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #578 on: October 03, 2009, 02:38:04 AM »

I dislike it but that's because I prefer to actually read the stats and stuff. People tend to close it as fast as they can so they can murder others. Personal preference I suppose not sure if I want to kill the option.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #579 on: October 03, 2009, 03:14:49 AM »

okay, you knoe what I hate? When im an innocent, I kill some traitors and some dumbass comes and starts shooting before even expecting the body or anything like this. Just before I killed 2 traitors just to find myself under attack by two more people who attacked me for no other reason then they heard shots. I killed them all (2 or 3 guys) and ended up with a negative score. What i propose is when an innocent kills a traitor he gets a ring the same way a traitor has a ring to other traitors.

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length