Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:46:38 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699860 times)
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #580 on: October 03, 2009, 03:23:47 AM »

What i propose is when an innocent kills a traitor he gets a ring the same way a traitor has a ring to other traitors.
What? That would completely defeat the purpose of the game mode.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #581 on: October 03, 2009, 03:39:40 AM »

And a viable tactic is still traitor-on-traitor man love murder.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #582 on: October 03, 2009, 03:50:12 AM »

A better solution would be to not negate a players score if he kills out of self defense.  Aka the player he kills shot him within the last 5 seconds.
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #583 on: October 03, 2009, 03:51:27 AM »

Okay, traitors won't get a circle for killing other traitors, obviously and as is a survivor that kills a traitor is usually in the clear anyways.

A better solution would be to not negate a players score if he kills out of self defense.  Aka the player he kills shot him within the last 5 seconds.

Or this.

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #584 on: October 03, 2009, 04:53:36 AM »

That would just open the door to reckless and unchecked killing.

as is a survivor that kills a traitor is usually in the clear anyways.
Clearly not if you're proposing a system that suggests otherwise.

I don't see why there's a need to be so anal over the scoring. If innocents didn't occasionally kill other innocents (Either by accident or necessity), then the game mode would have zero appeal. However, your score won't hurt you. Any given punishment would be based on the judgment of a human admin, not some automatic banning bot. You shouldn't immediately rush to hinder gameplay simply due to some superfluous number sitting next to your name in the scoreboard. It serves as a mild indication of your performance, not the rationale behind it.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #585 on: October 03, 2009, 06:20:47 AM »

I found a bug when you kill someone with a crowbar it doesn't show in the list. But it does show in the awards.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #586 on: October 03, 2009, 08:11:59 AM »

What Marphy said.

While I'm at it, am I the only one currently not so happy with how round ending works? The teamkilling kind of ruins the atmosphere and I can't move or talk while the end-of-round list is up (which can't be reopened when I close it because I want to talk about the round).

Just saying, I think it needs some work. Maybe I stand alone on this, but maybe not.

I personally find that, considering how tense a round can be, a bit of random shooting helps discharge that a bit before the next round starts.

The round report could do with some improvements. It doesn't do anything keyboard-related so hopefully I can just set it to ignore that input and let people type/voicechat while it's open. A key to reopen it would be nice as well.

I found a bug when you kill someone with a crowbar it doesn't show in the list. But it does show in the awards.

Noted.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #587 on: October 03, 2009, 09:34:53 AM »

I woud also like the entity darkhazz suggested last page. I woud want to make a metal detector on my map.
I also dislike the round ending. It allways makes me feel really bad.
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #588 on: October 03, 2009, 10:19:43 AM »

Died, noticed I couldn't inspect bodies.

I also have to ask; Why is "Killed one person with rifle/mac/shotgun" an achievement? Surely getting a single kill with one of the most powerful weapons isn't really worth an achievement?

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #589 on: October 03, 2009, 10:33:54 AM »

Died, noticed I couldn't inspect bodies.

- Spectator body searching disabled for all spectators, because gmod blocks dead people from +use in a way I can't change. Technically late-joining spectators are not dead so it can work for them, but I've disabled it for consistency.

Blame garry.

I also have to ask; Why is "Killed one person with rifle/mac/shotgun" an achievement? Surely getting a single kill with one of the most powerful weapons isn't really worth an achievement?

If you've seen the single kill awards, many of them are written in a sarcastic tone, because said person only managed to kill one enemy instead of more. Awards are not like achievements in the sense that getting one is not always admirable (see also, teamkilling awards), they just highlight what someone did during a round.

Regardless, as of the next version, boring ones will only show up if there's nothing more interesting to report on.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 01:54:47 PM by theGreenBunny »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #590 on: October 03, 2009, 11:51:38 AM »

Punishment system idea.

Hit -20? points and have to sit out a round.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #591 on: October 03, 2009, 01:30:16 PM »

Then everyone gets 20x more anal about scoring.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #592 on: October 03, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »

Create a rule, and people will start using it to their advantage. I'm in a room with two others whom I trust, and one guy who we think is kinda suspicious. My points are good, so I just shoot him. Replace points with strikes if your name is Ajunk. Admins can easily recognize such behaviour and warn/punish, automated systems cannot and will be exploited (not to mention they undermine admin authority while doing so).

So far everything Just Works if there is an admin on, in my experience. Any punishment system has the potential to utterly break the game as much as it has the potential to improve it.

I woud also like the entity darkhazz suggested last page. I woud want to make a metal detector on my map.

It's on the list.
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #593 on: October 03, 2009, 03:06:43 PM »

Fine. I read all goddamn 29 pages. Now I want to play more ttt.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #594 on: October 03, 2009, 03:48:14 PM »

Here's a bit more:
- Added ttt_weapon_check, so mappers can make weapon detecting stuff. Includes example map and updated FGD.

- Fixed bug in ttt_traitor_check that potentially made it detect dead traitor spectators.

- Made awards priority-based. Rare awards are now very likely to appear if someone achieves them, whereas very common awards (eg. single kill ones) will only show if nothing better happened.

- Made round report screen not capture keys, so now you can chat and such while that window is open.

- Made the Context Menu key reopen the round report if you closed it. This is the key used for the traitor menu while the round is active, default C.

- Fixed crowbar kills not appearing properly in the event log of the round report.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v031009

The mapping guide has been updated with info about the new entity.

PS. I just noticed a very minor issue with this release: it prints the list of generated awards in the console when creating the round report window (not on servers, only on clients). Seeing as it's only a bit of text I don't think it's worth reuploading etc for. Take a look at your console at the end of a round for a peek at some hot steamy TTT internals.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #595 on: October 03, 2009, 04:02:31 PM »

Also, not sure if you're aware, but there's a bug where certain ragdolls just don't disappear on round end. They're just there, and you can't click e on them, but you can see who's it was. Over much playing with many people (especially on smaller maps), these can really cause confusion.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #596 on: October 03, 2009, 04:17:42 PM »

I actually just had this happen now. It happened because one player died to a spawn frag, then got respawned when the round started. But his ragdoll remained.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #597 on: October 03, 2009, 04:39:50 PM »

Do you have a running list of suggestions that you consider to be good ideas, AND looking to implement them?

I still hope for more traitor weapons like my poison idea and that radar sounded nice as well.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #598 on: October 03, 2009, 05:41:03 PM »

I actually just had this happen now. It happened because one player died to a spawn frag, then got respawned when the round started. But his ragdoll remained.

Noted. I don't know if that's the only cause of this (I'd expect telefrag corpses to be searchable), but it's easy to fix at least. We'll see if it still happens after those are cleared out.

Do you have a running list of suggestions that you consider to be good ideas, AND looking to implement them?

I still hope for more traitor weapons like my poison idea and that radar sounded nice as well.

Not much, actually.

- Fall damage sounds. Easy to add and CS:S has a few, so might as well use them.
- Traitor equipment possibilities:
  * Fake health, fake name.
  * Radio item for playing fake gunfire (and perhaps other sounds). Not sure yet about this one.
  * Corpse destroying weapon.
  * Radar/scanner
  * Silent, single use, instakill melee weapon. Would probably be a knife rather than poison, due to the models available.

But many things I implement are ones that I just thought up or were suggested recently. So that list doesn't say much.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #599 on: October 03, 2009, 05:45:34 PM »

I have a mapping realted question. How do make doors not to be opened by the crowbar? I know this is possible beacause it works on many maps, still I can't find any info how to do it.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length