Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2024, 10:31:34 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1697872 times)
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #200 on: September 19, 2009, 08:03:01 PM »

The former I'd assume a bug, the latter I think it's just the physics on the engine. Not sure, though. And I really like the push suggestion, that'd be awesome.

Also, the random model thing is something I was thinking about the other day, so I definitely support it. Like marphy says, it'd add some variety and break the monotony of being a Phoenix.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #201 on: September 19, 2009, 08:05:06 PM »

[list][li]When you hold a phys object with the magneto-stick, you can push around heavier, otherwise immovable phys objects. For example, if I hold a chair (indestructible), I can push around one of those heavy green cabinets if I shove the chair into them. I haven't tested this personally, but I imagine I could even knock a car around with this tactic. This could be used to make some impenetrable barricades or, in the worst case scenario, teamkill by launching heavy items.[/li]

I like this bug.  It allows good barricades.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #202 on: September 19, 2009, 09:10:01 PM »

So here are a couple suggestions,

1. Remove player walk sounds when crouched for stealth reasons. We talked about this in game and you actually suggested it TGB.

2. Make the normal pistol silenced, or add a silencer (how would that even work, I don't know). It would make the pistol more usefull.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #203 on: September 19, 2009, 09:40:40 PM »

Noted the bugs and suggestions.

Some of the suggestions may appear as experiment in future versions, because with the push idea for example it's hard to estimate how much of a griefing tool it could be, when kills would not be linked to a player.
sulkdodds
Global Moderator

I AM THE SON OF DOG

« Reply #204 on: September 19, 2009, 09:45:41 PM »

Is there some kind of coding fudge by which you could register a kill to a player if the victim died of environmental damage within a few seconds of that player using a push on them? Or something like that? I suppose theoretically they could get a kill by accident (player 1 pushes player 2 for fun; player 1 accidentally runs off a cliff) but it seems unlikely.

Then again, surely such a function would be quite griefy because you could just continually push players into corners and keep them there while laughing. Or something.

if I were not Sulkdodds, I should wish to be Diogenes
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #205 on: September 19, 2009, 10:15:31 PM »

Yes, that trick would be an option, but it's not robust: on ttt_canyon the falls can be very long if you get pushed off the highest area. Which means the interval within which it's counted as a kill would become big enough to be abusable with shorter but equally deadly falls (get pushed, jump out a window). I think it's possible to track it reliably using a more involved method, but of course that also requires more work.

At the very least it would need a slow rate of fire... but even then I can see it being extremely annoying in the wrong hands.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #206 on: September 19, 2009, 10:18:00 PM »

I think diamondshoals would be a great TTT map if it had alternate paths, no death water, and overall a bit more openness, like maybe have a ramp going up to the one place at spawn.

How can we get ahold of skankdragon?

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #207 on: September 19, 2009, 10:26:00 PM »

Crowbaring windows gives the crowbar a ultimate rage every few hits, it varies. Alters got me through the antiques shop, and was making marks on the back wall.

my god
Secone
Build Tester

« Reply #208 on: September 19, 2009, 10:29:39 PM »

The TTT communities are being split now, and that isn't a good thing. The TDR people have ran off to the TDR server, Alters and friends + some of us have gone on to Alters server, with the remainder sticking on Soduka's.

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #209 on: September 19, 2009, 10:38:39 PM »

I go in whatever server has space.

TDR admins are pretty much being told to go populate the TDR server.

my god
Dinner
Poster

The Harlem Globetrotters: Fashion World Tour

« Reply #210 on: September 19, 2009, 10:39:21 PM »

The TDR people have ran off to the TDR server

That's a bad thing?

OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #211 on: September 19, 2009, 11:16:44 PM »

That's a bad thing?

lol

TDR admins are pretty much being told to go populate the TDR server.

Ugh. Every 10 minutes when I was an NT admin I'd be getting fucking messaged about populating the server. Sucked.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Secone
Build Tester

« Reply #212 on: September 19, 2009, 11:58:26 PM »

That's a bad thing?

A few of them are actually pretty nice, TDR itself sucks though

Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #213 on: September 20, 2009, 12:00:50 AM »

Crowbaring windows gives the crowbar a ultimate rage every few hits, it varies. Alters got me through the antiques shop, and was making marks on the back wall.

This is defiantly something major. He is right, it did do damage at a never ending range until it hit a wall. Also, crowbar'ing ANYTHING that is able to be shot through, will make the crowbars bullet** go at an unlimited range. Another example is in thething, the bridge that leads to the elevator, the part in the middle that you can see through on the bridge, you can use a crowbar to hit people way down on the bottom.

**(which as far as I'm aware, is how the crowbar is made. Just a bullet that disappears at X range)
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #214 on: September 20, 2009, 12:10:51 AM »

Scared the shit out of me.

my god
Moo
Poster

« Reply #215 on: September 20, 2009, 12:48:13 AM »

How are you suppose to stop a door from being opened with a crowbar?  I'm working on a map and I'd prefer it if people couldn't just crowbar the elevator doors and get stuck under the elevator.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #216 on: September 20, 2009, 02:37:43 AM »

Well shucks, my server is getting heated competition. Before long it will be empty.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #217 on: September 20, 2009, 03:09:19 AM »

some bugs i noticed:
- you still see the green traitor circle around people in the preparation time, if you were a traitor in the previous round
- you can actually propclimb with the magnetostick using small props
- sometimes props freeze in midair when using the magneto stick. Pressing LMB again will allow you to throw them very far
- you can't pick up ammunition and a gun at the same time, so that you have to step back and run over it again
- sniper crowbar, as mentioned before
- some people told me about invisible playermodels. Didn't happen to me yet though
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 03:13:31 AM by darkhazz »
sulkdodds
Global Moderator

I AM THE SON OF DOG

« Reply #218 on: September 20, 2009, 03:13:10 AM »

At the very least it would need a slow rate of fire... but even then I can see it being extremely annoying in the wrong hands.

Perhaps if only killers had it? Using it would reveal them, so they would have to use it well.

This may well still raise some problems of its own, though.

if I were not Sulkdodds, I should wish to be Diogenes
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #219 on: September 20, 2009, 03:31:34 AM »

Perhaps if only killers had it? Using it would reveal them, so they would have to use it well.

This may well still raise some problems of its own, though.

That's what I was thinking, just make it so that traitors are given a different version of the crowbar or whatever weapon would be out when you can push. Then they aren't revealed if they're getting ready to use it, but if anyone sees them actually push someone then they are revealed. If it's the crowbar then you'd have to make it so that if you dropped it it would change to the normal crowbar, though.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length