Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 07:52:51 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1696561 times)
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #2380 on: February 17, 2010, 12:17:11 AM »

Make it detective only weapon?

I suppose then the falling slowly could work.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2381 on: February 17, 2010, 12:27:06 AM »

link=topic=9124.msg358436#msg358436 date=1266365742]
But then people could push someone off a ledge, and if they die then they are innocent, if they survive then they are a witch and must be burned.

Same thing if you have an extra traitor weapon and you went around seeing who could hold it and who couldn't.
Anyway, would YOU let people push you off a ledge?

And in canyon, a trigger hurt could be placed at the bottom, but when the place is flooded, that trigger hurt also goes away.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #2382 on: February 17, 2010, 12:50:53 AM »

Lua error that doesn't break anything AFAIK, seen it come by a couple of times. Figured I might as well post it.

Lua Error: ERROR: GAMEMODE:'DoPlayerDeath' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\player.lua:915: attempt to call method 'IsActiveTraitor' (a nil value)

The error seems to print in console when someone dies by world damage.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 12:54:38 AM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2383 on: February 17, 2010, 03:11:08 AM »

link=topic=9124.msg358436#msg358436 date=1266365742]
But then people could push someone off a ledge, and if they die then they are innocent, if they survive then they are a witch and must be burned.

Or you could make it toggle-able like the disguise.

www.dnr-gaming.com
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2384 on: February 17, 2010, 05:23:36 AM »

As soon as I got the latest update the sounds on my end for weapons firing stopped working. It's odd.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2385 on: February 17, 2010, 08:12:09 AM »

"Add a trigger hurt" is all nice and well for TTT maps, but won't work for other fully compatible maps for which the creator may no longer be around. There's a huge potential for glitching and exploiting, while the item itself is really not that interesting.

Lua error that doesn't break anything AFAIK, seen it come by a couple of times.

Thanks, fixed.

As soon as I got the latest update the sounds on my end for weapons firing stopped working. It's odd.

I didn't change anything about that, and it still works here.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2386 on: February 18, 2010, 08:47:59 PM »

Well I've deleted my entire gmod directory and reinstalled gmod twice and I only have the problem as soon as I join a TTT server, then it starts up, but only in TTT. So I'm fairly certain something in TTT is breaking something.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2387 on: February 18, 2010, 08:48:48 PM »

I can't fix what I can't reproduce.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2388 on: February 19, 2010, 12:07:52 AM »

Just sayin'.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2389 on: February 19, 2010, 03:46:30 AM »

I think killing any traitor should result in a detective credit, instead of only rewarding one when a body is found. Two reasons: 1) It isn't very clear to detectives that they are rewarded for finding traitor bodies, and 2) the detective gets stiffed if the traitor body arbitrarily falls into an unreachable place or players put it in an unreachable place.

I think you original argument for making the detectives search the body to get a credit (thus forcing them to be active) is kind of redundant, because almost all the items you buy require you to move around and be active anyway. A detective sitting on his ass isn't going to be any more potent with a footstep finder or weapon checker, is he? (The one exception is the radar, but you start with 1 credit so that's irrelevant).

Anyways, give it thought.

On a completely unrelated note, I just got a neato new idea for a detective item: camera (photo, not video). When you take a photo of a corpse, after about 20-30 seconds of development, you see exactly where the killer was standing when the victim died (in the form of a dummy terrorist model). If he was killed with a gun, it shows a traceline of the shot. If the killer was out of sight at the time of death (c4 kill, fire kill, etc.), no dummy shows up. If it was a push death, it shows where the killer was at time of push. If it was a explosive death, it shows where the explosion was.

After taking the photo, the dummy and/or other stuff stays in the world view of the detective only until he changes weapon or takes another photo.

The reason for this item is because 1) Investigating a crime scene is cool and we need more ways to do it, and 2) Seeing someone taking photos (provided tGB includes world-view photo flashes and camera sounds) at a crime scene is also cool.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
TheDmac
Poster

« Reply #2390 on: February 19, 2010, 04:13:28 AM »

That camera idea sounds awesome.

www.VersonoGaming.net
Australia TTT Server - Custom Content.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #2391 on: February 19, 2010, 04:34:02 AM »

I got an idea for traitors, why not add a tier 2 traitor equipment stufF? Like for 2 credits, fast radar.  Scans every 7 seconds?

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #2392 on: February 19, 2010, 05:29:21 AM »

I like that idea. I can see where I'd want a faster scanning radar then an other item in some cases. Maybe a 2 credit C4 becomes harder to defuse and takes 15 seconds to defuse with a defuser.

I like Ajunk's idea, too, it could really help in finding who got snipped in district and if the dectives had sunglasses it would become CSI: Traitor Town.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 05:30:57 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2393 on: February 19, 2010, 06:38:19 PM »

it would become CSI: Traitor Town.

Eww.
But I really like that camera idea, and maybe the tier 2 weapons as well.
What would you do for tier 2 knife though?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2394 on: February 19, 2010, 06:59:43 PM »

RE: tier 2: overcomplicates something that doesn't need to be more complex.

RE: camera stuff: crime scene investigation is cool and all, but does it really fit the pace of this game? Once you're done faffing about on one murder scene, five more have occurred. How much value does it really add for detectives, when most kills are made from short range anyway? This would not be trivial to create, so it would require a really good case for doing so.

I don't even want to go too deep into discussing it, because the last item I'm adding for a while is the DNA matching thing. I can't even guarantee I'll continue working on TTT in March. I have other priorities to consider, and TTT doesn't have a great return on investment, unless garry gives me bags of money.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2395 on: February 20, 2010, 03:14:41 AM »

Or you could make a better version of TTT and not release it and host it one one server that people could donate to.
Or you could make a global TTT MySql thing so if you donate once, you get something on every TTT server.
Or you could enter in the fretta gamemode coding contest.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #2396 on: February 20, 2010, 03:17:12 AM »

He already is in the fretta contest...and the rest of the ideas, they sound horrible.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Nel
Poster

« Reply #2397 on: February 20, 2010, 03:36:40 AM »

Or, instead of offering all of those rewards for donating, people could just donate because they like the gamemode.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #2398 on: February 20, 2010, 05:02:27 AM »

give me a blue name and I will give you money
Spruce
Poster

« Reply #2399 on: February 20, 2010, 05:27:54 AM »

Camera

I disagree. That feels too "USE THIS ITEM AND CRIME SCENE IS TOLD TO YOU" instead of actually having to make organized claims with evidence you have. An item like that that feels more involved to the detective to me would be the Garry's Mod toolgun that can fire a destroyable camera that uploads video to the back of the toolgun. Seems possible, as some scoped gun models for HL2 have the scope zoomed in. It all depends on Urgrain's direction with the game in the future.
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length