Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2024, 07:51:40 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1696557 times)
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #2340 on: February 09, 2010, 10:08:08 AM »

It was dropped to 45 seconds in the same update that introduced defusal kits for detectives.

Yarg, missed that.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Andyp
Poster

« Reply #2341 on: February 09, 2010, 11:52:26 AM »

The only map I really use c4 on is clue, then you are guaranteed to get at least 3 kills. Possibly on the thing testing chamber too, but I dont use it as often there.

The true Anthem of England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJNic_XSwBo&feature=related
TheDmac
Poster

« Reply #2342 on: February 09, 2010, 05:19:12 PM »

Here's some suggestions i have (some of which i'm sure have probably been said).

- Local chat only? Stops players from yelling ''IT'S BLAH'' when being shot at.
- Detective med kit? Maybe can heal one person only. Doubt it would go well though.
- Detective can buy guns? Maybe limit it to one. Just a thought. Same could work for traitors. Doubt it would work, same as above.
- Maybe some sort of system that allows detectives to see when a person fired there gun last? This would be hard to work with though as people sometimes shoot walls and random items for no reason.

These are just ideas's i've had and heard. They would all have for and agaist's to them, but yeah. Just trying to put some ideas out there.

www.VersonoGaming.net
Australia TTT Server - Custom Content.
Nuke333
Poster

Nuke here now

« Reply #2343 on: February 09, 2010, 10:26:47 PM »

Is there anyway to disable the gold names for admin.

It seem everytime a admin come on the grievers stop what there doing untill the admin leaves.

If a cmd could be put in for the next build like ttt_goldadmin 0 or something like that it would help out the admins.

This is a request from TDRgaming so that way we can deal with the grievers better.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #2344 on: February 09, 2010, 11:38:14 PM »

I know that DNR has a few goldies and a few non-goldie admins, so it can be done.

Ask them about it. Or poke them to post it here.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2345 on: February 10, 2010, 12:39:30 AM »

You could just not put your admins in the admin group in settings/users.txt
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #2346 on: February 10, 2010, 01:15:31 AM »

Half of a melon would be the greatest det. hat ever.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
TheDmac
Poster

« Reply #2347 on: February 10, 2010, 03:50:49 AM »

Half of a melon would be the greatest det. hat ever.

+1

www.VersonoGaming.net
Australia TTT Server - Custom Content.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2348 on: February 10, 2010, 04:26:15 AM »

It does go down by 3 seconds every time you get it wrong. If you get lucky you can do it even with 10 seconds obviously.

One might argue that with detectives in the game, bombs should be harder to defuse (after all you can also just run away). How about making the time penalty dependent on how long the timer was set to? So if the traitor arms it for 45 seconds, and an innocent finds it with 20s left, it would be easy to defuse, whereas if a traitor arms it for 3 minutes and it's found with 20s left it's almost impossible to do without a defuse kit.

I know people have suggested making the explosion larger based on the timer. This alternative would be a bit less sensitive to abuse on small maps (where a larger explosion might take out the whole map).
I think that instead of making a time penalty, you should simply lock out the diffuser for the time that it drops. You're still endangering the diffuser and punishing him for getting it wrong, but the poor innocent terrorists around won't have to suffer a 30 seconds bomb because some retard keeps fucking it up. As an added bonus, it'll also give the diffuser more time to think instead of just button mashing.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Nel
Poster

« Reply #2349 on: February 12, 2010, 01:09:43 AM »

Interesting note about Detectives and Traitor points.  If you kill a detective as a traitor, you get your normal point for it, however, once you check their body, you get another point.  Doing this gives you a bit of an unfair advantage for killing just 1 detective.  If you were to kill 2 detectives, and then half the server, you would actually be able to get 6 or so of the traitor weapons.

Was this intended, or is it just a bug?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2350 on: February 12, 2010, 08:49:13 AM »

It's important to make a distinction between points and credits. Points are your score, credits are what you use to buy stuff. Assuming you're using point to mean credit: traitors do not get rewarded a credit for searching a traitor corpse. However, both detectives and traitors will find any unspent credits on a traitor/detective corpse. So the only situation where a traitor gets a credit for finding a detective's body is if that detective has not spent his credits.

The only real issue here is that it can be hard to spend credits as detective while there is not a lot of equipment. A step towards fixing this (other than adding more stuff) would be allowing detectives to buy multiple defuse kits (or other equipment) per round, so they can distribute them among innocents.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2351 on: February 12, 2010, 06:29:32 PM »

I noticed you added the weapon examiner. I hope this doesn't mean you've ruled out a fingerprint checker on traitor weapons like used knives and C4, because the knives honestly need to require more skill and there needs to be more motivation to diffuse a C4 instead of running away.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2352 on: February 12, 2010, 07:30:11 PM »

There isn't much room for balance there. Finding a knifed corpse would equal knowing who a traitor is. Who else can have touched a knife? Same for defusing C4. At least in the knife case you could try to hide the body, but why make that a requirement for the knife only? I do not see any benefit in completely nerfing traitor equipment into a useless.

The knife seems sufficiently balanced to me due to the one-buy limit. It's a bad investment on larger servers where one kill is just not a big deal anymore. Adding a huge risk like a 100% reveal if someone finds the body makes it not worth using at all.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2353 on: February 13, 2010, 04:31:14 AM »

When I say "finger printing", I don't mean telling you who it was right away. When examining the piece, you'd get a "fingerprint" (probably just a randomly generated code, or picture if you're feeling ambitious). Then you'd have to go from player to player, seeking out a match to find the person who did it. The traitor would definitely hear this check coming, and have to avoid the detective from then on out. The detective also has to be careful, as a cornered traitor will likely attack.

No, it definitely does not make the weapons useless. You just have to be more careful. 

JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2354 on: February 13, 2010, 05:03:41 AM »

You could give a list of 3 or so suspects for every item analyzed for fingerprints.
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #2355 on: February 13, 2010, 05:13:16 AM »

Or what if you got a limited of people to "fingerprint"? And then when you check a weapon it tells you who touched it if it was one of the people you fingerprinted?

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2356 on: February 13, 2010, 12:49:56 PM »

I noticed the footprint scanner only shows footprints being placed for a limited period of time, it would be nice if, like the radar, it showed the countdown to when it scans again.

Also, maybe a way to clean up the mess of footprints on smaller maps would be to add another color, so that some have green footprints, and others have blue footprints, and everyone is randomly given one of those colors for their footprint each scan so it's not easy to track who has what color footprints when, and maybe have the fadeout time for footprints be a little bit quicker.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2357 on: February 13, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »

The footprint scanner does not "scan" as such, footprints just fade out a few seconds after they are placed. Obviously you can't put a timer on this because every footprint would need its own little timer. The fact that footprints are not all created at a certain scan-time means it's not possible to vary colours in some sort of coordinated way.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2358 on: February 13, 2010, 05:02:11 PM »

Well that's good to know. Sometimes footprints weren't being created for everyone for a good 15 or so seconds. That's why I made the assumption that there was some sort of "scanning" taking place.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2359 on: February 13, 2010, 05:33:47 PM »

Could you make the traitors not get switched to spectate for inactivity? Cause what if they come back to late and lose their traitor round. Nothing bad can come from them staying, as nobody would lose points or karma for killing them.
And if people realize their traitor for still being afk and not in spectate, then oh well, they still had a chance.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length