Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:22:54 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699644 times)
lynx
Poster

[VD-Owner]

« Reply #2240 on: February 01, 2010, 10:22:03 AM »

I do not know what ASS_Mod is. See if there are errors in the server console.

For some reason I type it like that, its the admin mod by AndyVincent "A Simple Server Modification," aka ASS_Mod.

Enabling logging and checking now

EDIT:
Got it working, apparently ASS_Mod changed the way UMsg's were handled and that made it not work right.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:35:50 AM by lynx »

Venatus Defero Owner
Pulsar Effect Admin
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #2241 on: February 01, 2010, 04:37:15 PM »

Hey BKU, whats your opinion of there being an extremely small chance of no Traitors being picked?

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2242 on: February 01, 2010, 04:46:12 PM »

It's the kind of thing that seems funny in theory and just ends up looking like a bug that pisses everyone off in practice.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #2243 on: February 01, 2010, 05:39:36 PM »

I have some bad news, SteveUK just got a spot on the judging committee for the fretta contest. He's the guy who wrote this http://www.moddb.com/mods/zombie-panic-source/features/delete-this-horrible-article-plz
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2244 on: February 01, 2010, 06:04:04 PM »

Source? According to the contest page it will be judged by Facepunch Studios, ie. Garry and his dev buddies. I've gathered from garry's blog that they'd just play the games on LAN in their new office.

Not that it matters greatly, because TTT has bigger things hurting its chances than people with dumb opinions. For one, as I've mentioned before, it has to compete with quick fix throwaway gamemodes designed specifically for Fretta.
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #2245 on: February 01, 2010, 06:35:33 PM »

Has Garry given any guidelines on what the gamemodes will be judged on?

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #2246 on: February 01, 2010, 07:32:12 PM »

It would be useful if the traitors were camping, which they never do. Could make a neat detective item though.

a little bit, not so much for that as it is for hiding things and setting traps. If say you put a hidden body in the upstairs of a building on the The Thing, you could place one at the doorway so if a person walks in you can run over there and hopefully kill him before he find the body in the dark corner.

Or if you are sniping and you want to watch your back, place one nearby.

Or even if you want to do the classic unidentified body trap where you kill one person in a dark room, and put him right at the entrance (hopefully at a hallway) and then wait for someone to come and try to identify it, then kill them and add to the pile.
Chief Tiger
Poster

What.

« Reply #2247 on: February 01, 2010, 10:22:21 PM »

Latest release (290110) dl isn't working for me :<

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2248 on: February 01, 2010, 10:43:55 PM »

It's working for me, but http://ttt.badking.net/releases always has an extra download link, in this case this one.

There is also the moddb download, though I wouldn't recommend using the moddb profile as a primary update source because I put only every other version on there (ie. the "stable" one after the previous one added new things).

Anyway, depending on how testing goes tomorrow there will be a new version up that same day or the day after. Besides some fixes, it will include an initial version of detective players on the innocent side.
Nel
Poster

« Reply #2249 on: February 01, 2010, 10:47:17 PM »

Has Garry given any guidelines on what the gamemodes will be judged on?

The contest is to code a gamemode for Garry's Mod (in Lua) using the Fretta base. Entries will be judged on Gameplay first and foremost - but will also be judged on originality, presentation, completeness and buginess.

We are looking for gamemodes that people want to play.

Taken from : http://frettacontest.facepunchstudios.com/
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #2250 on: February 02, 2010, 02:37:15 AM »

Okay thanks, i was mostly just wondering if there was anything specifically about simpleness or having a style that most works with Fretta specifically in the rules.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2251 on: February 02, 2010, 01:35:19 PM »

Some things of note regarding v020210:
- As might already be apparent, Loyalists/detectives are just innocents with a few perks to help the innocent side. The selection of equipment they can choose from is extremely limited for now, but will be extended once the more fundamental bugs are worked out (if any).

- Loyalists are selected after traitors are selected. Hence if you become Loyalist you did not get screwed out of a Traitor round. I know people are going to think this when they get Loyalist, so knowing this you can tell them to shut up.

- The following convars exist for loyalists (internally called detectives):
  * ttt_detective_max: maximum number of loyalists. Set this to 0 to disable them entirely.
  * ttt_detective_min_players: minimum playercount before loyalists are selected at all.
  * ttt_detective_pct: number of loyalists, based on total playercount (including traitors, not including spectators)

* ttt_credits_detectivekill: number of credits awarded to traitor killing loyalist.
  * ttt_det_credits_traitorkill: number of credits awarded to loyalist killing traitor.
  * ttt_det_credits_starting: number of credits loyalists start with.

- Custom Traitor equipment will need to be updated due to the changes in the equipment menu and the buying code. It should be fairly obvious looking at the existing stuff in cl_equip.lua and weaponry.lua.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #2252 on: February 02, 2010, 01:54:41 PM »

Just a quick question do traitors show up red with the radar if your a loyalist?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2253 on: February 02, 2010, 02:01:28 PM »

Nope. They will show up green like normal innocents. Loyalists will show blue.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #2254 on: February 02, 2010, 02:03:47 PM »

Phew.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2255 on: February 02, 2010, 06:58:01 PM »

Please call them detectives and not loyalists. Pleeeaaassseee.

Another note: So innocents see that detective is picked after traitors are, maybe detectives could physically be picked 5-15-something seconds later, instead of having people explain the system (and possible have people not even believe it, or come up with their own theories).

Another another note: Because being a traitor is a secret thing, having it be more likely to be picked if you haven't been for a long time would be a bad idea. With detectives, however, you can make it more likely to be assigned detective (based on how long it's been since you've been a traitor or detective) because it's not a secret. Hell, you could also base it off karma too.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 07:02:36 PM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #2256 on: February 02, 2010, 07:15:23 PM »

I dunno ajunk, loyalist makes more sense within the supposed theme of the game, which is a terrorist cell which has traitors among them.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #2257 on: February 02, 2010, 09:17:39 PM »

I dunno ajunk, loyalist makes more sense within the supposed theme of the game, which is a terrorist cell which has traitors among them.
Then why are the regular terrorists innocent?

Do like the Loyalist name though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 10:56:38 PM by AndyTheGeeky »

Signature Pending...
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #2258 on: February 02, 2010, 09:25:17 PM »

The traitors aren't innocent, what are you talking about?

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #2259 on: February 02, 2010, 09:36:37 PM »

Then why are the regular traitors innocent?

Do like the Loyalist name though.

The terrorists are "innocent", meaning not traitors (and only that), becuase the game is played from the perspective that what they do is correct. I have always considered the "traitors" to be the good guys.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length