Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2024, 10:58:38 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1698117 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2280 on: February 04, 2010, 01:38:47 AM »

Visibility is my concern here. I also don't like that it's green-red because it's confusing with the health, but both red and green are very visible. Black wouldn't be (especially as many maps are darkish), and when it's low is exactly when you want to have it jumping out at you. Other scales like purple/blue-yellow don't make sense and are ugly to boot.
You could also make the Karma work on a White-Purple scale. Both colours are unused, and purple is often thought as dark/bad but is still visible.

People could just read the code though, so obscurity doesn't really work. Information leaking is therefore a problem. The selection code already takes into account that people who were detective OR traitor last round should have a lower chance of being detective this round (same mechanism for lowering traitor streak likelihood).
How about making the rounds you've gone straight as innocent linearly increase your chances?

The grenade spamming is getting really annoying. Maybe it would be reasonable, if you can throw and pick up only one single grenade in a round.
Retarded, but I do believe too many people just kill time by tossing the non-lethal grenades around.

That reminds me! I've always wanted to mention this but forgot. I really think all the grenades should do damage in one way or another so players would stop throwing them at each other to pass the time (which is really annoying). Also, there's the fact that the discombobulator and smoke grenade are not even close to being as useful as the fire nade. Anyways, possibly change the smoke grenade to a poison gas grenade and make the discombobulator do straight damage.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2281 on: February 04, 2010, 01:47:36 AM »

Something needs to be done about the "throw 500 incendiary grenades into a crowded area as an innocent and heel it" problem.
But what?

You could raise the karma/point loss for bad kills with grenades.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2282 on: February 04, 2010, 01:59:36 AM »

You already lose karma for doing damage to innocents and killing them, and grenades are not an exception as far as I'm aware.

Officer_BUlbock
Poster

oh god not the snorks nooo

« Reply #2283 on: February 04, 2010, 02:55:26 AM »

That reminds me! I've always wanted to mention this but forgot. I really think all the grenades should do damage in one way or another so players would stop throwing them at each other to pass the time (which is really annoying). Also, there's the fact that the discombobulator and smoke grenade are not even close to being as useful as the fire nade. Anyways, possibly change the smoke grenade to a poison gas grenade and make the discombobulator do straight damage.

I think the smoke grenade and discombobulator are good in their own ways- the discombobulator kills people all the time in some maps, and the smoke grenade can be useful as traitor if you pop it in a crowd and take somebody out.

Maps:
zm_air  zm_powderkeg  zm_voodoo  zm_endgame ttt_airbus ttt_siege
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #2284 on: February 04, 2010, 03:28:56 AM »

Honestly I think the grenade problem is mostly a mapping issue.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #2285 on: February 04, 2010, 04:06:13 AM »

Since the loyalist is some super terrorist. Why not give him some semi auto AK?

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2286 on: February 04, 2010, 05:01:39 AM »

Since the loyalist is some super terrorist. Why not give him some semi auto AK?
He's a detective. The only thing he should be firing in semi-auto is theories.

JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #2287 on: February 04, 2010, 06:40:10 AM »

BKU is there anyway that you could add a feature to the ttt stool? It'd be nice if there was a quick and easy way to remove all presently placed weapons from a map. As it is now if you rearm a DM map there's already weapons all over cluttering up locations. Also if they use the same ammo as you are placing it's hard to keep track of what is placed where.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2288 on: February 04, 2010, 08:54:04 AM »

You could also make the Karma work on a White-Purple scale. Both colours are unused, and purple is often thought as dark/bad but is still visible.

I think I'll just test a few colours for visibility. White/Yellow-Brown might be an option as well if brown is visible.

Honestly I think the grenade problem is mostly a mapping issue.

This. Mappers need to not spam them everywhere.

BKU is there anyway that you could add a feature to the ttt stool? It'd be nice if there was a quick and easy way to remove all presently placed weapons from a map. As it is now if you rearm a DM map there's already weapons all over cluttering up locations. Also if they use the same ammo as you are placing it's hard to keep track of what is placed where.

I'll look into it.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #2289 on: February 04, 2010, 11:12:25 PM »

Since my last idea was a bad one...why not give the loyalist some new type of tracking equipment.  Some tracking radar to be placed on 2-3 people?  It updates around every 5-7 secs and it shows the name for the loyalist who planted it?

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2290 on: February 05, 2010, 04:08:41 AM »

Bug: If you die while about to use the C4, you get stuck and can't move as spectator.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2291 on: February 05, 2010, 09:02:28 AM »

Clarify "use"? I can think of several different ways one can be using C4.

And can't you just click as spectator so you get switched to a player?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 09:03:32 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2292 on: February 05, 2010, 12:46:27 PM »

Did I really just type C4? I must be more tired than I thought. I meant teleporter.

AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #2293 on: February 05, 2010, 03:26:22 PM »

Not sure if this bug is TTT-related, but here's a screenshot from my first round on dm_mines:

Right is (nearly) down, and keys function accordingly.

Signature Pending...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2294 on: February 05, 2010, 03:41:24 PM »

Were you spectating a prop before the round started?
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #2295 on: February 05, 2010, 03:55:17 PM »

I think I've noticed a trend where if the spawn is not perfectly level you get a slanted view. I have some basis for this in that on cs_office I spawned in a location and had a tilted screen. Later a player spawned in the same location as I had only he crashed, but he was stuck in the exact position of his original spawning, which was just slightly slanted.

This would also explain dm_equilibre having a larger than normal amount of slanted player views because it'd be hard as hell to set up a spawn and have it not be slanted.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2296 on: February 05, 2010, 04:36:08 PM »

Sounds plausible, and easy enough to fix.
Lost Hope
Poster

W.S Wankhouse

« Reply #2297 on: February 05, 2010, 04:54:42 PM »

Not sure if this bug is TTT-related, but here's a screenshot from my first round on dm_mines:
*Pic*
Right is (nearly) down, and keys function accordingly.

That server is using my really old script for dm_mines, owner should update it. (It has that fixed)

Why did you read this? Read my post, i wasted my time to it!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2298 on: February 05, 2010, 05:20:51 PM »

It's fixed in TTT as well now, so it won't matter if scripts have angled (or toppled) spawns in the future. The teleporter freeze thing should also be fixed.

Another thing I mentioned recently but not sure anyone noticed: I've made it so that dropped traitor/detective weapons do not auto-pickup when you are nearby, unless you press USE. This should help a little against the tactic of throwing found equipment at people and seeing if they "catch" them. The case where a detective + some innocents force everyone to pick up equipment or get killed is not fixed by this, but I'm not sure that one is fixable at all without removing weapon limits (not gonna happen).
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #2299 on: February 05, 2010, 06:33:13 PM »

Also that method requires lots of coordination which is difficult and on top of that it's not conclusive. So in the end I think it works out fine.

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length