Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2024, 10:40:10 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1697956 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2300 on: February 05, 2010, 06:51:57 PM »

I had a detective throw is teleporter at me a few seconds into the round. I didn't pick it up because... well I'm not sure. Anyway he accused me of being a traitor (I wasn't) and started hitting me with his crowbar until I gave up and shotgunned his face off. Ugh.

In unrelated news, I think the detective team should get a credit when a traitor dies instead of only giving credits for personal kills. The detectives are more passive people, so asking them to go out and kill traitors instead of staying back seems counter-intuitive. Just saying.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2301 on: February 05, 2010, 07:30:08 PM »

True, but I'd give the detectives a credit when one of them searches a traitor corpse (even if it was already confirmed by an innocent). Just so that it's the detectives actually doing something.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2302 on: February 06, 2010, 03:07:36 AM »

Do you think you could add a ply::ViewPunch( Angle( 1, 1, 1 ) ) to the beginning of every round to fix the screen-tilt problem?

By the way, that's caused by spawning on a place in the map that's not level.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 03:09:02 AM by JoTheShmo »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #2303 on: February 06, 2010, 03:39:33 AM »

That discussion actually ran it's course at the end of the last page. BKU says it's taken care of.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2304 on: February 06, 2010, 07:47:52 PM »

I see...
Whoops.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #2305 on: February 06, 2010, 08:21:22 PM »

I found a small exploit. If you use the teleporter right before the round ends, you will be teleported after the roundrestart, even if you don't have the teleporter equipment.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2306 on: February 06, 2010, 09:15:41 PM »

http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=890332

This could make a really cool thing for mappers.
Alters that go off when someone approaches, but if the person is being quiet, nothing happens.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2307 on: February 06, 2010, 09:27:06 PM »

Bug: When a previous round traitor dies pre-round they show up as traitor on scoreboard. It may only be when their body is found though, not sure.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2308 on: February 06, 2010, 09:49:27 PM »

Bug: When a previous round traitor dies pre-round they show up as traitor on scoreboard. It may only be when their body is found though, not sure.

Alters reported this a few hours ago and the v060210b update I released should fix this.

I found a small exploit. If you use the teleporter right before the round ends, you will be teleported after the roundrestart, even if you don't have the teleporter equipment.

This should also be fixed in that update. Sadly you won't be able to show off your teleporter during post-round anymore, but this was the most reliable way of preventing the exploit.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2309 on: February 06, 2010, 10:06:54 PM »

I think Karma's "good" color should be white instead of yellow. Yellow's something people already associate with caution, which isn't exactly the best message to send. Since everyone's names are already white, and people typically have a good karma rating, I think white is the colour people will associate with "normal". Besides, white is already somewhat "angelic".

Question: Do people's reflections fade after a certain time still? Since the ability has been restricted to detectives now, I don't think it should fade at all.

With the C4 diffuser, could you make a little c4 world icon appear within a certain radius of the bomb when holding the diffuser? With only 45 seconds before boom time, and people just not shutting up over the mic, I think it's fair to help the detective a little bit. He's already putting his very valuable neck on the line.

EDIT: Thoughts on making the detective visible without putting your crosshair over him?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 10:08:55 PM by Ajunk »

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2310 on: February 06, 2010, 10:54:30 PM »

Apparently there's an intermittent issue where last round's traitors/detectives aren't reset to innocents properly on the client, causing people to see some innocents as detectives etc. I will put out an update tomorrow morning to try and fix that.

I think Karma's "good" color should be white instead of yellow. Yellow's something people already associate with caution, which isn't exactly the best message to send. Since everyone's names are already white, and people typically have a good karma rating, I think white is the colour people will associate with "normal". Besides, white is already somewhat "angelic".

I think yellow as cautionary is more prevalent in the US than over here, but I'll give it a shot and see how it looks.

Question: Do people's reflections fade after a certain time still? Since the ability has been restricted to detectives now, I don't think it should fade at all.

Yes, I've been considering this. The fading doesn't make much sense with the scoreboard thing either because everyone has it logged there.

With the C4 diffuser, could you make a little c4 world icon appear within a certain radius of the bomb when holding the diffuser? With only 45 seconds before boom time, and people just not shutting up over the mic, I think it's fair to help the detective a little bit. He's already putting his very valuable neck on the line.

Hmmmm, an icon would be a bit of a hassle. It might be an idea to have the C4 beeps be louder (for everyone) when a detective with a defuse kit out is nearby. Maybe have it flash a light (I think the CS:S bomb does this).

EDIT: Thoughts on making the detective visible without putting your crosshair over him?

Am personally not a fan of putting icons over people, the only reason it's in for traitors is that they have an easier time organising and recognising friends who come running around a corner. Detectives are different in that respect. I plan to add beacon items for them to use for any organising they might do.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2311 on: February 06, 2010, 11:15:49 PM »

I think yellow as cautionary is more prevalent in the US than over here, but I'll give it a shot and see how it looks.
Well it is already the colour of "Suspect" and "Wounded" (which is a bit suspicious).

Hmmmm, an icon would be a bit of a hassle. It might be an idea to have the C4 beeps be louder (for everyone) when a detective with a defuse kit out is nearby. Maybe have it flash a light (I think the CS:S bomb does this).
But you already have this for traitors, the red outline of a c4. The only difference is that the detective would only be able to see it with the diffuser out and only within a certain radius. I initially thought the C4 time left would be removed too, but maybe it's actually a good idea it stays. That way a detective who's moved close enough to see the icon will know if there's only 10 seconds left and run away instead of dying a "hero".

Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #2312 on: February 06, 2010, 11:18:00 PM »

Any chance of putting identifiers near dead people's names on the scoreboard to say whether or not they've been identified by a detective, and also a little note to say that people can actually click on the names to receive more information?

Something like:

Confirmed Dead -
Blitzy   Identified by Detective - Click to see info
Boxiii   Not yet identified by Detective
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2313 on: February 07, 2010, 12:48:52 AM »

Also do you think you could do a string.trim to all the text entered in chat, and if it only contains spaces, not print it?
Just something small.

And since F2-4 don't do anything, do you think you could make pressing one if them turn off spectate-only mode?
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #2314 on: February 07, 2010, 03:01:10 AM »

Holy shit this is ridicoulus I dont know if its the server or the latest update but the teams are getting messed up like if someone was traitor last round he will still show red named if someone was a detective last round it will still show blue and it confuses the hell out of evryone.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2315 on: February 07, 2010, 06:16:15 AM »

It would be super cool if the detective's mic box showed up blue.

Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #2316 on: February 07, 2010, 07:02:35 AM »

It would be super cool if the detective's mic box and text username showed up blue.

Fix'd

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #2317 on: February 07, 2010, 08:10:26 AM »

But you already have this for traitors, the red outline of a c4. The only difference is that the detective would only be able to see it with the diffuser out and only within a certain radius. I initially thought the C4 time left would be removed too, but maybe it's actually a good idea it stays. That way a detective who's moved close enough to see the icon will know if there's only 10 seconds left and run away instead of dying a "hero".

I think this would be taking away to much from the normal Innocents.

Putting all the fun stuff into 4 people out of 16 doesn't make the most joyous of times for the other 8 people, after all.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2318 on: February 07, 2010, 09:25:28 AM »

But you already have this for traitors, the red outline of a c4.

It is different from a technical standpoint. I prefer my version anyway because it involves other innocents.

Any chance of putting identifiers near dead people's names on the scoreboard to say whether or not they've been identified by a detective, and also a little note to say that people can actually click on the names to receive more information?

I'd do it with a little icon rather than text, but it's a good idea.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #2319 on: February 07, 2010, 10:01:06 AM »

This was really wierd. I was playing a game of TTT and out of a blue, a detective shoots me. I leave my last words to his name.  Then, someone shoots the "detective" and identifys it to only see that the detective was a traitor.  Is this intentional, detective traitors?

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 [116] 117 118 119 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length