Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:49:02 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700030 times)
John Mancer
Poster

Holy Jesustien Poppingcats!

« Reply #1620 on: November 29, 2009, 10:20:04 AM »

An interesting idea would be being able to see a dead players scoreboard tags on searching their body, although it would probably be a bit cluttered, so maybe randomly choosing a marked player or two with a little message like "Player1 considered Player2 an Ally",  "Player1 suspects Player2 of Treachery",  etc. in a new tab in the corpse check. I'd love scrounging bodies to add to my suspect list. Although I think the tagging is just client side right now.

I'm loving the tagging system btw.

On another note, I think the C4 should leave behind a large scorch mark, mainly for cosmetic reasons. If it doesn't already... it might, I'm not the most attentive person, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't. It'd be fun to see a large "crater" in the center of a room with some poor saps corpse stuck in the rafters.

[center]♥♥♥[/center]
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1621 on: November 29, 2009, 12:03:42 PM »

I'd prefer to keep the tagging system clientside and simple.

The decal system is fairly rigid. I already create the largest scorch there is. It's not huge, and there's no way to tell Source to make it bigger. Source also likes to randomly not draw decals when you tell it to.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1622 on: November 29, 2009, 12:23:17 PM »

Could the tags be writeable?
Or in a little selection box instead of cycles?

EDIT: "The prize money for the Fretta Gamemode Contest goes up to $10,000 – launches Monday."

SWEET MOTHER OF HOGS.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 12:41:38 PM by worbat »

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #1623 on: November 29, 2009, 04:13:36 PM »

I say if you kill someone and use the knife on their body, you cut their eyes out.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1624 on: November 29, 2009, 05:26:54 PM »

Opinions on what limit to put on the identity hider? I was thinking: infinite duration, but disappears as soon as you get shot. When that happens there's a delay before you can use it again, or perhaps it even breaks completely.
I was thinking: have a button in the traitor menu which toggles it on and off, infinite duration and use. You see, that fact that you can't read that person's name is a dead giveaway that they're a traitor, and as soon as someone spots that person people will band together to seal of the area and/or see who's missing. That in itself is balance enough, I believe.

Also, with the tagging system. I feel as if the tags need to be more traitor/innocent rather than what they are now. Something like:
Innocent (green)
Appears Innocent (pale green)
Suspect (yellow)
Threat(orange)
Traitor (red)
MIA (grey)

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1625 on: November 29, 2009, 05:57:51 PM »

Could the tags be writeable?
Or in a little selection box instead of cycles?

No.

EDIT: "The prize money for the Fretta Gamemode Contest goes up to $10,000 – launches Monday."

SWEET MOTHER OF HOGS.

Misleading, he's talking about the total. The winner gets 5k, second 2k, three third get 1k.

In other news, hell will freeze over before TTT wins a cent. It does not fit Fretta in practically every possible way. Not that I won't enter (assuming I can make it work on the code side), but the entire gmod community will develop specific Fretta-gamemodes that do not have these innate disadvantages that TTT has. I'll list some: requires admin presence, requires players to learn gameplay subtleties, requires players to learn something period, requires multiple (long) rounds, requires multiple (special) maps, requires CS:S to be mounted, requires scriptenforcer, is easily ruined by morons, etc.

Once you "get" the game it is probably fun, but I think you needs a certain environment to get it (ie. properly configured server with some veterans). I fear most wouldn't have that on random Fretta server #2313. There are some serious issues in that list. TTT cannot easily "scale up" like for example a simple deathmatch game can scale up.

I was thinking: have a button in the traitor menu which toggles it on and off, infinite duration and use. You see, that fact that you can't read that person's name is a dead giveaway that they're a traitor, and as soon as someone spots that person people will band together to seal of the area and/or see who's missing. That in itself is balance enough, I believe.

No recharge is less work for me, so worth a shot.

Also, with the tagging system. I feel as if the tags need to be more traitor/innocent rather than what they are now. Something like:
Innocent (green)
Appears Innocent (pale green)
Suspect (yellow)
Threat(orange)
Traitor (red)
MIA (grey)

The current stuff seems to cover the use for that while also allowing more subtlety (eg. innocents you still want to avoid). Don't see the point.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1626 on: November 30, 2009, 06:49:52 AM »

Are you still thinking about adding the innocent diary thing? It'd be a cool feature to add.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1627 on: November 30, 2009, 08:38:01 AM »

I fear it would be the kind of feature that sounds good on paper, but then when every innocent stops every five seconds to type it's not very appealing anymore.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1628 on: November 30, 2009, 01:25:12 PM »

I personally find that stopping frequently is a great way to get killed. If there was a notebook feature I'd only use it for VERY important notes. I'd likely find a use at least once a round, but I'd be very careful how I use it. However, the amount of effort required versus the payback and potential removal of the feature is understandably off putting.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1629 on: November 30, 2009, 02:48:11 PM »

Under which circumstances do you drop a weapon and the game defaults to your traitor weapon getting you killed?

And could this maybe be changed to the crowbar as your default, because i think it happens when you throw your primary or secondary, and don't have the other.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #1630 on: November 30, 2009, 08:21:06 PM »

What about giving an option to ttt_map_settings to set the round limit?

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Sly
Poster

« Reply #1631 on: November 30, 2009, 10:41:18 PM »

I've found the tagging system to be almost useless. Perhaps upon death, tags could be shown to the living? It could give it a purpose, otherwise, I use it to label everyone "suspect" and change them to "kill" upon them being found as a traitor. Without public knowledge of these tags, they serve no purpose in my opinion.
Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #1632 on: November 30, 2009, 11:06:47 PM »

Under which circumstances do you drop a weapon and the game defaults to your traitor weapon getting you killed?

And could this maybe be changed to the crowbar as your default, because i think it happens when you throw your primary or secondary, and don't have the other.

it switches to your last used weapon, or your quickswitch weapon (i use Q personally to change between the 2) so just be careful ;D
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1633 on: November 30, 2009, 11:09:36 PM »

I fucking love them. So often will I forget the name of someone labeled traitor who's hiding and then get killed when I run into them with my guard down, and I can never fully keep track of everyone proved innocent (killed traitor or tested or something). With the notes, I'll put my crosshair on someone and see instantly what to do. Before if there was a firefight, usually ended up not knowing whether to shoot the winner or let them go. My crosshair shows green, I'll let them go. Red, I'll let them go somewhere else.

While I do admit the ability to see a corpse's notes would be neat, the present system is definitely awesome enough. Besides, searching the notes of dead guys would take up so much time, and the results would be so unreliable and inconsistent. tGB also doesn't want to make scoreboard notes server side.

TL;DR: People find them useful, if you don't, don't use them.

scaz.zaf
Poster

« Reply #1634 on: November 30, 2009, 11:16:42 PM »

I would like to recommend a traitor weapon that is a gag. It could be used at short range (similar to knife) that prevents the target from being able to communicate.

Oh and hello, I'm from DNR.
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #1635 on: December 01, 2009, 12:29:31 AM »

So has anyone with a knowledge of SDK (read: ability to use it without causing the computer to explode) got to work on converting Diamond Shoals? I mean, everyone was 'gasming over the possibility way back in SK times.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1636 on: December 01, 2009, 12:56:47 AM »

Yeah, step 1) Stop using my fucking avatar.

Anyways, since you can now make TTT maps, there's less of a point. The effort it would take is considerably more than it would take to make a better map.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1637 on: December 01, 2009, 08:25:13 AM »

I would like to recommend a traitor weapon that is a gag. It could be used at short range (similar to knife) that prevents the target from being able to communicate.

Oh and hello, I'm from DNR.

The problem with basically any feature restricting or modifying voicechat is that I have very little control over it. Even essentially turning it on/off for people can have a delay in it, because GMod simply only updates who can hear whom once every few ticks. This was already a big problem with the traitor chat, and it would be a problem with a gag: it would take a moment to have any effect, which significantly limits its usefulness.

I don't know the exact behaviour, it's whatever gmod decides to do by default when the active weapon is dropped. I'll see if I can either turn off autoswitching to traitor weapons, or always make it go crowbar.

What about giving an option to ttt_map_settings to set the round limit?

This really seems more of a server setting than a map one.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 08:32:07 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #1638 on: December 01, 2009, 11:42:54 AM »

Here are the ideas in an understandable layout.

[li]Rope tie: Allows you to tie up a player, stopping them from moving or speaking for a certain amount of time, or if a player unties them.[/li]
    [li]Tranquiliser: A weapon which turns a player into a ragdoll for X amount of time when the Tranq is used on them.[/li]
    [li]Object/Ragdoll Disguise: Lets the Traitor bring up a menu to change themselves into a medium sized prop(Barrel, crate, recycling bin, etc) or a ragdoll(The ragdoll can take the name of a dead player mabye). With the ragdoll/object you can move at a very slow pace too. But I don't know if allowing them to move would unbalance things.[/li]

What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 12:44:20 PM by Marauder8[UK] »

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1639 on: December 01, 2009, 12:48:07 PM »

Wrong link posted in the release topic. It still links to the old one rather then http://www.eradicators.co.uk/zmtemp/terrortown011209.zip

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length