Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:58:57 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700746 times)
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1580 on: November 25, 2009, 02:19:42 AM »

Maybe it need to make it not so obvius and show the last 3 people he saw instead just one

That would be good.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1581 on: November 25, 2009, 05:14:40 AM »

I think that this is a lot like a note system just automated. I'd personally prefer notes over just seeing who they last saw.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1582 on: November 25, 2009, 07:59:15 AM »

A change I've been considering is adding a timeout to the last seen information, depending on the number of traitors. For example, if there's three traitors (counted at the start of the round), it would be three minutes, and if there's only one it would be... one minute. That way, if traitors manage to hide a body for a while it has a direct benefit. They don't have to perform the much harder task of hiding it for an entire round. It would also make it a bit easier on single traitors, who are quite heavily affected by the information.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1583 on: November 25, 2009, 08:16:30 AM »

Only if he was the last person your cross-hair was over

Back of the head, being the key word here. I also faced a box.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1584 on: November 25, 2009, 08:35:00 AM »

The last person under your crosshair. If I aim at you and then wander of for five minutes and don't see anyone, then kill myself, you will have been the last person under my crosshair. That is what it shows.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1585 on: November 25, 2009, 09:32:23 AM »

:<

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
w4rp
Poster

« Reply #1586 on: November 25, 2009, 03:37:22 PM »

Ive got an idea. Since most people usually use the voice chat, the traitors often get exposed by someone screaming the traitors name. I got this idea that a terrorist could "block" someones voice chat, making him unable to talk and use text chat for like 10 secounds and a traitor could only use it like 1 or 2 times in a round. I dont know if this is a good idea or not. Just something i came up with.

// W4rp
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 03:40:29 PM by w4rp »
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1587 on: November 26, 2009, 12:02:46 AM »

Ive got an idea. Since most people usually use the voice chat, the traitors often get exposed by someone screaming the traitors name. I got this idea that a terrorist could "block" someones voice chat, making him unable to talk and use text chat for like 10 secounds and a traitor could only use it like 1 or 2 times in a round. I dont know if this is a good idea or not. Just something i came up with.

// W4rp

I actually like this or even make it so you block everyones voice chat for a few moments like a radio jammer. Since if you block one specific person everyone will know that hes dead or soon to be a victim.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:03:54 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
markfu
Poster

« Reply #1588 on: November 26, 2009, 12:17:33 AM »

And if he types too fast, or uses radio commands, and the text gets through, no one will even notice it, because people studiously ignore such things. I actually personally never saw someone really benefit from last words, because no one stops to type while being shot at.

If I know I'm not going to win the fight I'll stop and try to type out of them name before I die

Its a lead up to the upcoming map zm_cock that allows you to literally 'donkey-punch' zombies into submission using a new C.A.T.S. combat system which makes the zombies shit out m16s and ammo boxes and spraycans when killed with a finishing move.
Pyro93735
Poster

« Reply #1589 on: November 26, 2009, 01:58:01 AM »

Sometimes there are moments when you know you just can't win. Like if you're in an elevator with one other guy, you're going to be shot in the head or knifed and there will be absolutely nothing you can do about it. In such situations, it's best to type out whatever the guy's name is, but other than that, last words were of limited usefulness.

Service with a smile :D
Sly
Poster

« Reply #1590 on: November 26, 2009, 12:24:59 PM »

The Last Seen Identification system is causing more RDM than good right now...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1591 on: November 26, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »

If people are using clues wrongly, they are playing badly and get an appropriate score. I wouldn't even call it RDM, assuming they actually suspect the wrong people just because they were last seen (rather than using it as excuse to grief). A bit like shooting everyone who has a shotgun because you assume a corpse killed by shotgun means they must all be traitors. Dumb, but not random.

Either way, I've attempted to clear up the wording for next release so that people should know it refers to the last person seen and not the killer. It will also time out based on the number of traitors, ie. two traitors means the last seen info is no longer shown on the corpse after two minutes (one traitor = one minute, etc).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 12:42:57 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1592 on: November 26, 2009, 08:46:48 PM »

There also seems to be a large influx of stupid players, which is getting on my nerves. I got killed since I was alone since everyone else was staying togther. This might have been a good reason if there was several people dead but it was only 1 minute into the game with noone dead. Another round I was questioned why I was last seen by a dead traitor I killed... Also a lot more RDMing not so much from the last seen feature but since their just stupid.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1593 on: November 27, 2009, 01:00:18 AM »

There also seems to be a large influx of stupid players, which is getting on my nerves. I got killed since I was alone since everyone else was staying togther. This might have been a good reason if there was several people dead but it was only 1 minute into the game with noone dead. Another round I was questioned why I was last seen by a dead traitor I killed... Also a lot more RDMing not so much from the last seen feature but since their just stupid.

My favorite is:
Me: "ITS Example ITS example!" *dead**
Innocent1: "Im with Example. ITS EXAMPLE" *dead*
Innocent2: "I see example. ITS EXAMPLE" *Dead*
Innocent3: "I see example. Why are you near death?" *dead*
Traitors have won the round!
Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #1594 on: November 27, 2009, 04:57:27 AM »

My favorite is:
Me: "ITS Example ITS example!" *dead**
Innocent1: "Im with Example. ITS EXAMPLE" *dead*
Innocent2: "I see example. ITS EXAMPLE" *Dead*
Innocent3: "I see example. Why are you near death?" *dead*
Traitors have won the round!

ok i think one of the main reasons for this is the fact that the voice chat is not instant. There is about a 1 or 2 second delay from when you say it, to when it comes through. However, there is no delay on when your mic cuts out to the innocents.

so therefore, i could yell into my mic as fast as i can: "it's Example!" and if he kills me fast enough the innocents may only hear "it-" This is especially true when you are trying to get the name of the guy and line up your aimer to see his name. so this lowers your chance even more.

I think there should be an extra 1 or 2 seconds for people who died to talk before they can no longer talk to the innocents, therefore removing the mic lag variable entirely.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 07:13:28 AM by Blan21 »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1595 on: November 27, 2009, 05:05:42 AM »

I actually like it the way it is now. Gives the traitors a slight window but still lets innocents yell out successfully if they live long enough.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1596 on: November 27, 2009, 07:01:11 AM »

ok i think one of the main reasons for this is the fact that the voice chat is not instant. There is about a 1 or 2 second delay from when you say it, to when it comes through. However, there is no delay on when your mic cuts out to the innocents.

so therefore, i could yell into my pic as fast as i can: "it's Example!" and if he kills me fast enough the innocents may only hear "it-" This is especially true when you are trying to get the name of the guy and line up your aimer to see his name. so this lowers your chance even more.

I think there should be an extra 1 or 2 seconds for people who died to talk before they can no longer talk to the innocents, therefore removing the mic lag variable entirely.

No, im referring to you yell this, and they hear it. You die after the sentence you've said has been made.
Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #1597 on: November 27, 2009, 07:15:16 AM »

No, im referring to you yell this, and they hear it. You die after the sentence you've said has been made.

i realize this, but i was using your general subject to carry on to another issue i was having. and yes, many innocents are in fact retarded
Wat?
Poster

« Reply #1598 on: November 27, 2009, 07:01:32 PM »

Add the name of the person you are specting to be shown with the new first person spectating.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1599 on: November 27, 2009, 09:19:50 PM »

Add the name of the person you are specting to be shown with the new first person spectating.

Agree

And you should be able to right click to go back through tags on the scoreboard.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length