Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:17:23 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699334 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1640 on: December 01, 2009, 01:13:21 PM »

link=topic=9124.msg340531#msg340531 date=1259667774]
What do you think?
They all seem not very useful for anything other than fucking with people.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1641 on: December 01, 2009, 02:06:36 PM »

I kind of like the idea of transforming into props, and it could be legitimately useful, but it would create a lot of issues. What if you turn into a barrel and for whatever reason end up under a table, and then you turn back into your normal terrorist form?

edit:
Heh, what if spectators could "take over" a prop...

Link has been fixed by the way.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 02:07:44 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #1642 on: December 01, 2009, 03:20:35 PM »

What if you turn into a barrel and for whatever reason end up under a table, and then you turn back into your normal terrorist form?

The thing is. If you can only turn into a prop which is too big to fit under tables, then you wont be able to get stuck under one.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1643 on: December 01, 2009, 04:45:59 PM »

For a possible actually useful traitor tool how about instead of a gag that effects one person, how about a "Jammer" that disables all communication within a certain radius? I could see that as something genuinely worth buying. A little radio tower like thing that wouldn't make noise but if you enter into it you can't type or speak. I assume it's easier to prevent people from talking than it is to prevent people from hearing so maybe when inside they can still hear and read stuff from players outside. Not sure what would indicate that you are under a jammer's influence as not knowing would be very cool for traitors but a bit cheap for innocents, maybe just a low static hiss though?

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1644 on: December 01, 2009, 07:56:53 PM »

I fucking love that idea. However, perhaps give the jammer (box?) a distinct sound so the innocents would be able to find it. In any case, it would sure be awesome, setting one of these up in combination with a C4, or outside a place you're about to fill with fire nades.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #1645 on: December 01, 2009, 08:24:29 PM »

Heh, what if spectators could "take over" a prop...
YES.  Great solution to the terrible boredom of being dead.

Signature Pending...
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1646 on: December 01, 2009, 09:30:44 PM »

Taking over a prop would be great for a haunted house map. Just as good on other maps as well, so much fun. :P
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1647 on: December 01, 2009, 10:07:01 PM »

Does anyone object to the voicechat indicator things getting moved from the bottom right to the top left? There will be enough room for the "Press ESC to vote" thing some server plugins have. I don't believe anything else happens in the top left, and it's annoying when your weapon selector gets obscured by voice things.

Just checking in case I forget something, or some server plugins do vitally important things in that spot.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1648 on: December 01, 2009, 10:23:46 PM »

Does anyone object to the voicechat indicator things getting moved from the bottom right to the top left? There will be enough room for the "Press ESC to vote" thing some server plugins have. I don't believe anything else happens in the top left, and it's annoying when your weapon selector gets obscured by voice things.

Just checking in case I forget something, or some server plugins do vitally important things in that spot.

I can tell you that it wouldn't be a smart move, but that'd just be my 2cents. Also, people taking over props sounds like a fun idea.. but problem with that is some people will learn to exploit it. "Hey, Mr. Prop! Lead me to a traitor!" or if someone is barricading, a spectator might take over a prop in there and mess up his cade, or worst. Someone takes over an explosive prop.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1649 on: December 01, 2009, 10:27:31 PM »

Not fully take over, just little bits of force. Maybe rolling cans around or something.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1650 on: December 01, 2009, 10:45:25 PM »

I can tell you that it wouldn't be a smart move, but that'd just be my 2cents. Also, people taking over props sounds like a fun idea.. but problem with that is some people will learn to exploit it. "Hey, Mr. Prop! Lead me to a traitor!" or if someone is barricading, a spectator might take over a prop in there and mess up his cade, or worst. Someone takes over an explosive prop.

Just sounds like a good way to be slow and get killed.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1651 on: December 01, 2009, 10:58:55 PM »

Just sounds like a good way to be slow and get killed.

A lot of people I've played with recently are slow anyways. It wouldn't be much of a difference.
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #1652 on: December 01, 2009, 11:11:17 PM »

A lot of people I've played with recently are slow anyways. It wouldn't be much of a difference.

I think you're confusing mental capacity with velocity.

Signature Pending...
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #1653 on: December 02, 2009, 01:46:45 AM »

http://frettacontest.facepunchstudios.com/

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1654 on: December 02, 2009, 04:18:08 AM »

- Disguiser equipment:
  * When enabled, shows your name as "Disguised person" (light gray instead of white).
  * Fellow traitors and spectators (for admin reasons) see your real name with "disguised" appended.

This is less than usefull, and has already been made completely useless by "funny" guys naming themselves "Disguised Person".

I recommend you present a list of players and allow them to choose from that list rather than this.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #1655 on: December 02, 2009, 04:40:39 AM »

This is less than usefull, and has already been made completely useless by "funny" guys naming themselves "Disguised Person".

Just shoot them, this disguise isn't intended to trick other players; it is only supposed to hide your identity.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1656 on: December 02, 2009, 05:06:22 AM »

I recommend you present a list of players and allow them to choose from that list rather than this.

I would recommend killing them, they will eventually leave the server or change their name. That is certainly not RDM.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1657 on: December 02, 2009, 05:18:07 AM »

I would recommend killing them, they will eventually leave the server or change their name. That is certainly not RDM.

On top of that, I try not to allow anyone to use the name "Unidentified Body". When they're dead it causes a huge amount of problems. Names like "Nobody" "Someone" "The Traitor" "That Guy" are douche names but don't entirely cause problems.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 05:21:15 AM by ball2hi »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1658 on: December 02, 2009, 08:03:56 AM »

I'll change the colour to something obvious, like bright red. For the corpses, yellow.

I will never add namechanging to other player's names of any kind, so everyone can stop asking for that now.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1659 on: December 02, 2009, 08:19:54 AM »

I'll change the colour to something obvious, like bright red. For the corpses, yellow.

I will never add namechanging to other player's names of any kind, so everyone can stop asking for that now.

That works just as well, and yes I know that being able to change your name would be super overpowered and enable people to get all kinds of crazy cheap kills.

Anyway my personal opinion is that it is still an item of very limited use, and that I won't use it. I prefer either hiding or disposing of the bodies or even making sure they never see me.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length