Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:15:40 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699251 times)
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1680 on: December 03, 2009, 03:08:21 AM »

And can you imagine the abuse?

There would be so many people just shooting someone and saying "Oh hey a traitor possessed my gun!"

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1681 on: December 03, 2009, 03:13:15 AM »

If it was very very clear, then what would be the point of having it in the first place? Either it instills enough panic and fear to cause somebody to die or just stick with the knife.

Because if you see an innocent pointing their shotgun at the another innocent at a range, you can get a free shotgun blast (and possibly kill) without anyone seeing you, and maybe even start a fight.

But you know, now that I think about it more and more, the idea's becoming less and less appealing to me. There's just so many ways this could go wrong and/or be abused.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1682 on: December 03, 2009, 04:10:11 AM »

Please add a mode that disables the anti-slinging physics for ragdolls, in order to facilitate shenanigans.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1683 on: December 03, 2009, 05:56:13 AM »

Because if you see an innocent pointing their shotgun at the another innocent at a range, you can get a free shotgun blast (and possibly kill) without anyone seeing you, and maybe even start a fight.

But you know, now that I think about it more and more, the idea's becoming less and less appealing to me. There's just so many ways this could go wrong and/or be abused.

I like this idea, although like you said it can abused greatly. Something like this would probably only work with a group of friends (Like another forum game) because everyone is trusting in eachother.

EDIT-

100th post!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:51:41 AM by ball2hi »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1684 on: December 03, 2009, 07:30:17 AM »

Yeah, I don't see how to make that concept work in practice.

Please add a mode that disables the anti-slinging physics for ragdolls, in order to facilitate shenanigans.

Next release will have a convar that lets you raise the force limit at which the ragdoll drops to the ground, so you can double the default and do whatever you might want.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1685 on: December 03, 2009, 10:23:20 PM »

I've got basic Fretta compatibility in. You can vote to change gamemodes in the F1 menu and stuff (help is still there as well). I'd like to get a separate thing in there to vote for a mapvote, so RTV is slightly less of a requirement (though probably still more convenient).

It's disabled by default, and enabled by changing a "false" to a "true" in a tiny file that exists just for that setting (to make it as easy as possible). Convar would be nicer, but is technically impossible. Any version submitted to the contest would obviously have it enabled by default.

I don't know if any server is even interested in running Fretta at this point, but it probably isn't needed yet anyway until I feel it's finished up. Then it would be nice to test it out.

Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #1686 on: December 03, 2009, 11:02:30 PM »

BUG: if someone uses the disguise and an innocent sees them, they can just use the voice menu and say __________ is the traitor, that will display their true name.

also: the whole crossbow making innocents shoot their gun could work if it was a crossbow that fired a black bolt, then 5 seconds after it hit it turned red, then over a period of time it changed from red to orange to yellow to green and then just dissapeared. another idea is that when it is in them your aim is improved on them in some way.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 11:07:56 PM by Blan21 »
goatfetus
Poster

Righting wrongs through penetration

« Reply #1687 on: December 03, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »

Wait, are you talking about while they're in the act of disguising, or after? Because if it only happens while they're in the act, I don't really think it should be considered a bug. Just a lucky person catching the traitor doing something traitorous.

Remember Remember the 10 of December
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1688 on: December 03, 2009, 11:34:53 PM »

Well fretta good for a try. Either this is going to be seen as too complex and unfitting for fretta, or it's going to be seen as the deepest and most well thought-out gamemode anyone ever assembled for fretta.

Or they'll play it for a bit, misunderstand, RDM a bunch, miss the point, and move on. In light of that, maybe you should simplify the game for fretta, kind of like a TTT-lite.

Sly
Poster

« Reply #1689 on: December 04, 2009, 01:02:16 AM »

I'll try Fretta if anyone can fix my server. ^^.
Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #1690 on: December 04, 2009, 01:06:28 AM »

Wait, are you talking about while they're in the act of disguising, or after? Because if it only happens while they're in the act, I don't really think it should be considered a bug. Just a lucky person catching the traitor doing something traitorous.

While he is disguised, just look at a disguised person with the voice menu up and you know his/her name! D:
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #1691 on: December 04, 2009, 01:33:44 AM »

That's not a bug, it's a lack of skill

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1692 on: December 04, 2009, 02:01:57 AM »

That's not a bug, it's a lack of skill
What? No, I'm pretty sure he's saying that the disguise doesn't stop the quickchat from seeing who that person is, thus revealing the traitor and making disguise counter-productive. Unless you're aware that this is what he means, in which case you're retarded.

DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #1693 on: December 04, 2009, 02:34:27 AM »

Note to self: Don't briefly look at a post and then reply to it

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Wat?
Poster

« Reply #1694 on: December 04, 2009, 03:47:42 AM »

Suggestion:

Add a marker over the heads of fellow traitors when they are in your Line of Sight.
Sometimes when you are too jumpy you notice the circle too late, and accidentally team killing your fellow traitors just suck for everyone.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1695 on: December 04, 2009, 03:52:48 AM »

What, like a floating crystal from The Sims?
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1696 on: December 04, 2009, 03:53:31 AM »

What, like a floating crystal from The Sims?

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1697 on: December 04, 2009, 04:26:30 AM »

That is too many exclamation points.

Anyways, I wouldn't be against that. The more identifiable your partners are, the better. I saw a guy following me once as traitor, so I ducked behind a door and aimed at a barrel which was in the path when you kept going. When I shot it, though, it was a fellow traitor, because somehow they traded off at some point just before I ducked around the door.

Moral of the story: Yes, you should always be being careful, but another indicator wouldn't hurt. In fact, I've always believed that a 3D world indicator marking your traitor buddies (that can't go through walls) should be implemented.

CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1698 on: December 04, 2009, 07:56:18 AM »

Yes the indicator would be nice theres way to many close calls and theres that fun 2 minute traitor chat argument.
Traitor1: DUDE
Traitor2: oh shit sorry
Traitor1: holy shit i have 3 hp
Traitor1: what were you thinking
Traitor2: sorry D:
Traitor1: (Last Words) your a fu--
Traitor2: oh lucky me i killed a traitor

Actually something like this happened on richlands when my fellow traitor accidently attacked each other.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1699 on: December 04, 2009, 09:51:02 AM »

BUG: if someone uses the disguise and an innocent sees them, they can just use the voice menu and say __________ is the traitor, that will display their true name.

Heh. Will fix that for next release (hopefully out Saturday).

Or they'll play it for a bit, misunderstand, RDM a bunch, miss the point, and move on. In light of that, maybe you should simplify the game for fretta, kind of like a TTT-lite.

Have considered that, but have not yet had a good idea on how to do this and make it fun.

I think at the very least I should add a super simple, bulletpoint style help that looks pretty and fits on a single window (no scrolling), next to the longer text. Alternatively, some sort of quick tutorial-type thing in the form of a window with a series of screenshots/pictures and short explanations that you click through (like 5 steps long). The prettier something is, the more likely people are to look at it.

I support the concept of a traitor icon above traitor buddy's heads.

---

A little update on planned ideas, what with the new stuff rolling in:

Features I am planning to add in the near future (may change at any time, no ETAs):
- Improved help for new players (as described in this post)
- Traitor icon things above heads
- More Fretta-related things and improvements
- Investigate possibilities of spectators doing things with props
- Possibly customize the Derma skin (the look of menus and panels such as the round report and traitor menu, what is currently grey) to be more in line with the HUD.
- Very maybe a piece of new traitor equipment, would be the radio (playing gunshots/screams) concept, which is a fair bit of work hence the maybe.

Stuff that was mentioned at one point that I am not planning to implement soon (this does not mean "never"):
- Journals
- Achievements
- New weapons (though strictly speaking none were mentioned)
- Graphical equipment/accessories on players (hats and stuff)
- More involved C4 disarming
- Spectator pictionary stuff

As you may have noticed I am prioritising improvements that help new players (help, prettiness, etc), or go towards fixing certain core issues (spectator boredom). This is of course driven by the Fretta contest, but will help the gamemode in general (more than involved/complex additions would help it, at this point).
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length