Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:00:03 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700824 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1440 on: November 15, 2009, 09:33:20 AM »

Last update for the weekend:

- Fixed body search window showing an unnecessary generic "ID" icon for non-weapon kills.

- Made ttt_print_traitors and ttt_print_adminreport sort their output so that traitors are at the top.

- Added entity ttt_map_settings. Place this point entity in your map somewhere to specify if the crowbar is allowed to forcibly unlock certain things (useful for ZM map compatibility, but annoying for TTT mappers, hence this ent). You can also specify a player model to use. The FGD has been updated with this new entity and the weaponchecker example .vmf includes it (setting the playermodel to arctic).

Trouble in Terrorist Town v151109

edit:
Mapping information has been extended and moved to its own thread: http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9293.0
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:36:16 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1441 on: November 15, 2009, 11:56:22 AM »

Does anyone else miss non detective mode?

No.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1442 on: November 15, 2009, 12:33:59 PM »

I miss it like I miss high school: Not at all.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1443 on: November 15, 2009, 02:08:11 PM »

Ironic fact: There is a top-down RPG high school version of TTT online called Mitadake High.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1444 on: November 15, 2009, 02:33:06 PM »

A similar game on the BYOND multiplayer game platform is Murder Mansion. I've only heard about it, never bothered to deal with BYOND as it's apparently laggy and, well, shit.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #1445 on: November 15, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »

I put ttt_map_settings in and set all "crowbar unlocks" values to no. I could still open doors and hit buttons. I played the map in single player. Setting specific player model seems to work.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1446 on: November 15, 2009, 03:04:54 PM »

A similar game on the BYOND multiplayer game platform is Murder Mansion. I've only heard about it, never bothered to deal with BYOND as it's apparently laggy and, well, shit.

It totally is.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1447 on: November 15, 2009, 03:23:12 PM »

I put ttt_map_settings in and set all "crowbar unlocks" values to no. I could still open doors and hit buttons. I played the map in single player. Setting specific player model seems to work.

Were these locked doors and locked buttons? The crowbar will always be able to just press buttons as you would with the use key, regardless of map_settings. The difference the settings entity makes is that when one of the crowbar settings is disabled it does not fire the "Unlock" input of the door/button, so you can exercise full control over doors that should stay locked until the map logic opens them.
MidKnight
Poster

« Reply #1448 on: November 16, 2009, 06:18:28 AM »

You can also specify a player model to use. The FGD has been updated with this new entity and the weaponchecker example .vmf includes it (setting the playermodel to arctic).

Does that mean we might being seeing player models other then CS:S player models? Also could this allow player models to be different? Say random player models assigned to different players.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1449 on: November 16, 2009, 08:52:09 AM »

Does that mean we might being seeing player models other then CS:S player models? Also could this allow player models to be different? Say random player models assigned to different players.

Mappers could set everyone to the Kleiner model, yes. It takes any valid model path.
This would not allow player models to be different.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1450 on: November 16, 2009, 07:36:12 PM »

A stat that might be interesting would be 'Innocent effectiveness". When you are an innocent this would tell you your innocent to traitor kill ratio. Obviously this would need to ignore traitor kills.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #1451 on: November 16, 2009, 09:30:11 PM »

Would you consider adding players' Steam avatars to the scoreboard as done in TF2/some other OB-engine games? I occasionally identify some people by their avatar, but it's only ever visible when the person uses mic chat or when investigating a corpse.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1452 on: November 16, 2009, 09:34:54 PM »

:| Ruins the point of hiding under a false name then.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1453 on: November 16, 2009, 10:46:24 PM »

Would you consider adding players' Steam avatars to the scoreboard as done in TF2/some other OB-engine games? I occasionally identify some people by their avatar, but it's only ever visible when the person uses mic chat or when investigating a corpse.

I would like to, but because in Gmod I can only show avatars by using a special (undocumented) VGUI element, I'd have to rewrite the scoreboard to be VGUI panel based (it isn't right now). Even though I could reuse stuff from the sandbox gamemode, it would be quite a bit of work.

Hence, it's been on my long-term list for a while. Perhaps now is a good time to push it up, as the latest release seems fairly bug free and we've had a few new weapons recently. I was planning some cosmetic changes anyway because people keep thinking my nickname being at the top means I own the server.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #1454 on: November 17, 2009, 12:01:25 AM »

Suggestion: undercover mode
I think there needs to be a way for an admin to join a server without his/her name showing a different color this will make it easier for admins to get proof for ban/kicks.

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1455 on: November 17, 2009, 12:42:34 AM »

Meh.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #1456 on: November 17, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »

When someone dies from a Dyingshot bullet it doesn't show what weapon it it. It just says they were shot to death.

*EDIT* Also, in the aftergame scoreboard it says they were killed using a "Something"
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 05:41:42 PM by Marauder8[UK] »

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1457 on: November 17, 2009, 07:51:50 PM »

I'm not sure that's entirely fixable, but I'll try some things.

<--- Check that avatar out though. I mean, I made it myself, but: SWEET.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 07:53:31 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1458 on: November 17, 2009, 08:06:43 PM »

Awesome... You think you could help me with my avatar? xD It asks for a link to the picture and when i give it the link it just shows up as nothing :\.
Pastor
Build Tester

Bewildering Transvestite Wasteland

« Reply #1459 on: November 17, 2009, 10:43:42 PM »

When i first saw it i thoug it was going to be a nice tag on the search corpse window saying who was first in discover it

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 [73] 74 75 76 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length