Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:57:28 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700634 times)
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #1420 on: November 13, 2009, 01:24:07 AM »

I noticed a small glitch where you have a poltergeist and try to get another piece equipment via traitor menu. you never recieve it. Im guessing is because the poltergeist takes up slot 2

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1421 on: November 13, 2009, 03:55:06 AM »

I've been noticing that a majority of traitors are opting to take 2 knives for their equipment instead of trying to utilize any of the other weapons or tools at their disposal. The unfortunate but obvious reason is that a knife is a no skill, instant kill. There is almost nothing that can be done to combat it. You can have a magnetostick out then instantly quickswitch to the knife and the person is dead before they can realize the weapon changed. Now something I've seen plenty of times is that in a full server all 3 traitors get 2 knives. That's a full 6 no skill kills. So half the living people died suddenly with almost no warning by someone who didn't even have to try.

I'd like to request that the knives be given only once per traitor per round so that there's only a max of 3 knife kills. It's just really frustrating that a large percentage of my deaths are virtually unavoidable.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #1422 on: November 13, 2009, 04:02:12 AM »

I was actually just about to suggest that. I just wasn't sure if you could get the same equipment twice. Knives are frustrating and when you're dying by them in a third of the rounds the game loses a lot of appeal.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1423 on: November 13, 2009, 05:45:59 AM »

I feel this is how knives should work.

Knives, one time use.
Melee with knife = 75 damage. Removes knife in progress if hit is successful.
Throw with knife = 100 damage. Removes knife from game if kill is successful.

EDIT-

Also my damn avatar wont work... I keep posting a link for my avatar and it wont go in :\.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 05:47:19 AM by ball2hi »
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #1424 on: November 13, 2009, 06:06:12 AM »

I noticed a small glitch where you have a poltergeist and try to get another piece equipment via traitor menu. you never recieve it. Im guessing is because the poltergeist takes up slot 2

Not a glitch, you can't have two traitor equipment items at the same time.  Radar and body armor not withstanding, (to the best of my knowledge.)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1425 on: November 13, 2009, 06:06:32 AM »

I feel this is how knives should work.

Knives, one time use.
Melee with knife = 75 damage. Removes knife in progress if hit is successful.
Throw with knife = 100 damage. Removes knife from game if kill is successful.
You realize you could just throw from stab range, right? And please don't try to make some workaround, because it'll only muddle the issue.

Just make it so you can only have 1 of each item. Easy solution which fixes the problem without screwing up anything. It even encourages traitors to keep trying new things.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1426 on: November 13, 2009, 09:02:36 AM »

I agree that only being able to buy one of each item is the way to go.

D'oh about the slot, it should be 7. However, assuming you were trying to get a traitor weapon, the fact that you can't get it is correct. You cannot have two weapons of the same class/slot, and traitor weapons are the same class/slot (even if in this case it is shown wrong), so you can only have one at a time.

When buying something through the traitor menu you should check your messages in the top right. It will tell you there in red text what the result of your purchase was, which is either "here's your stuff" or "you can't have this because..."

edit:
I just noticed the Poltergeist wasn't properly tagged as equipment weapon, so that may not have happened (and you might actually have been able to buy the poltergeist + another weapon). That's fixed for next version.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 01:10:32 PM by theGreenBunny »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1427 on: November 13, 2009, 06:15:23 PM »

Now, I always pick the radar. It seems to be the most handy item there is.
I completely forgot about buying a second item.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1428 on: November 13, 2009, 07:21:06 PM »

etadpU:

- Traitors can now buy a certain type of traitor equipment only once per round. In other words, once you have bought a knife, your second buy will have to be something else.

- Spawn position selecting code has been rewritten, replacing Gmod's default behaviour. If there are no free spawns, the spawn process will now look for open space around the spawnpoints. If there is room somewhere, it will jury-rig a new spawnpoint entity there and spawn the player on it. I was able to spawn 20 bots on an old version of District with none telefragged/stuck, but there might still be bugs.

- Fixed Poltergeist being in the wrong weapon slot (not 7) and not being marked as a traitor equipment weapon (allowing traitors to carry poltergeist + eg. knife). Also made it easier to see when it has fully recharged after a shot by making the charge meter outline more visible.

- Experimental: ttt_dyingshot is a convar that can be set to 1 in order to enable the dying shot (takes effect immediately and is not stored). Players who are ironsighting and get killed by a non-headshot bullet will automatically fire a shot as they die. The shot is not very accurate, as the player's aim gets jolted by up to twice the gun's recoil amount in any direction before the shot occurs. Because this feature may not work out well and encourage silly behaviour like constant ironsighting and whatnot, it defaults to off. Server admins should feel free to test it out. Depending on results it may be enabled by default or removed completely in later versions.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v131109
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 07:22:23 PM by theGreenBunny »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1429 on: November 13, 2009, 07:54:02 PM »

Lovely, going to give dying shot a try for sure.
Also I noticed that when a c4 is placed and you do a radar scan, the c4 icon is removed from your hud.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1430 on: November 13, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »

Ah, I'd noticed it disappearing once while playing but hadn't connected it to the radar scan. I'll put it on my list.

edit:
It should be noted that a dying shot probably does not play its sound properly right now. It's a client/server thing I haven't tried to work around yet.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 09:09:57 PM by theGreenBunny »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1431 on: November 14, 2009, 12:57:29 AM »

The dying shot does not seem to be working right now. Can you explain how it works so we can try to find the cause?

[Edit]
Also, when a player is killed from falling due to the discombobulator the "kill weapon" Id does not show up correctly in the death screen.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 01:33:00 AM by JossiRossi »

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1432 on: November 14, 2009, 08:05:23 AM »

The dying shot does not seem to be working right now. Can you explain how it works so we can try to find the cause?

I think it might be working while being very hard to see because it doesn't play a sound and your aim gets punched too much so that it never hits anything noticeable. It might be worth it to have a mini testing session where someone helps by joining a server I run and getting shot a few times. We'll see, I want to look at improving the two things I just mentioned first.

Anyway, it fires if:
* You are ironsighting
* You were killed by bullet damage
* You were NOT killed by a headshot
* Your weapon is ready to fire (ie. takes the firing delay between shots into account)
* You have ammo in your gun's clip

A pretty surefire way of determining whether the shot occurred is checking the ammo in the dead person's gun, assuming he's cooperating and reloaded his gun before you shot him.

Also, when a player is killed from falling due to the discombobulator the "kill weapon" Id does not show up correctly in the death screen.

Noted.

edit: Wait, what screen do you mean exactly? In the event log it should show a fall death as "X fell to his death after a push from Y", no weapon is included there.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 10:18:51 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1433 on: November 14, 2009, 09:03:43 AM »

Noticed a bug that has been happening since the new patch that fixed people spawning inside each other and causing them to be killed or stuck. On maps with multiple spawn points, most player end up spawning in the same area throughout the entire map round until the map is changed. This isnt a "Coincidence" because on District, the spawn point i spawned on from the FIRST round is the same spawn point i spawn at for the rest of the rounds left before the map changes. Same thing happening on ZM_Downtown
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1434 on: November 14, 2009, 10:08:22 AM »

Noted, I'll make it randomise them for every round.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1435 on: November 14, 2009, 03:45:47 PM »

Fixes, mostly:

- Fixed bomb indicators getting removed when a radar scan ends

- Added death context note to Last Words for certain deaths, specifically death through suicide, fall and burning. This makes it harder to do annoying things with faking last words and then suiciding/falling because people can tell you were not getting shot by someone. It can also be useful/entertaining for real deaths of course.

- Made spawn point order randomise at the start of each round, so you don't spawn in the same spot all the time.

- Fixed round report score table sometimes showing a bogus line with an empty nickname field, even when no one had disconnected.

- Fixed dying shot not playing a gunshot sound. Also reduced aim punch to be less excessive. Much easier to tell when it happens now (and I verified it as working on my DS).

Trouble in Terrorist Town v141109
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1436 on: November 14, 2009, 07:32:15 PM »

Known issue: in body searches it shows a weapon icon/category for kills that did not involve a weapon, with a generic "ID" icon and the text "blabla a something was used to kill him". It's already been fixed for next release.

Also, I'm looking into the possibility of a ttt_map_settings (or something like that) entity that will allow mappers to disable the crowbar's unlocking features, and (less importantly) perhaps specify a player model and such.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1437 on: November 14, 2009, 07:42:37 PM »

Fixes, mostly:

- Added death context note to Last Words for certain deaths, specifically death through suicide, fall and burning. This makes it harder to do annoying things with faking last words and then suiciding/falling because people can tell you were not getting shot by someone. It can also be useful/entertaining for real deaths of course.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v141109

wtf there goes my entertainment
ibor10
Poster

« Reply #1438 on: November 15, 2009, 04:18:49 AM »

Also, I'm looking into the possibility of a ttt_map_settings (or something like that) entity that will allow mappers to disable the crowbar's unlocking features, and (less importantly) perhaps specify a player model and such.

i had no idea the crowbar did that... please do add that
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1439 on: November 15, 2009, 09:30:10 AM »

Does anyone else miss non detective mode?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length