Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:50:13 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700113 times)
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1480 on: November 19, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »

As a traitor I don't see who's MIA. I also keep getting this lua error:

ERROR: GAMEMODE:'ScoreboardShow' Failed: terrortown\gamemode\player_ext_shd.lua:7: Tried to use a NULL entity!
Timer Error: terrortown\gamemode\player_ext_shd.lua:7: Tried to use a NULL entity!

Update

We just switched maps and now its working fine again. Unsure why it happened.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 09:48:20 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1481 on: November 19, 2009, 09:47:23 PM »

Are you on v191109b? I just played on Soduka's (which is that version) for an hour or so with no scoreboard issues.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1482 on: November 19, 2009, 09:50:32 PM »

Actually I am using terrortown191109. I'll update now.
Ignore my post, I seem to have overlooked version B.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1483 on: November 19, 2009, 10:07:07 PM »

I've been meaning to start up a separate release thread with only the release posts (otherwise locked). Seems like it would be easier to keep track of.

edit:
For the record, some issues I know of that I'll look at:
- Score column text does not always center itself properly, especially when a ping goes from three digits to two or vice versa.

- Empty pistol shot sound is too loud, perhaps other weapons too.

- Scoreboard ought to get a proper scrollbar when it switches into scrolling mode at lower resolutions when the players don't fit on screen anymore. Right now it just shows the mousecursor and you can mousewheel, which works but is not obvious.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2009, 10:11:13 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1484 on: November 19, 2009, 10:11:04 PM »

I think hats would be a great idea, or anything else to make the game funny.
Like i was thinking a new character and have his shirt say im with traitor or something like that.

That would actually make it easier to see who is suspect. If someone did enough to get a hat last round but doesn't wear it, he's a traitor. If the hat just always shows, it's not a sign in itself that you are or aren't wearing one.

It doesn't necessarily make them a traitor. If you make getting the hats fairly easy, then a lot of people will have them.  If a traitor kills someone and there wearing a hat, they can just take it off, and others are suspected(unless they remember the traitor had a hat).
Nobody should be informed someone got the hat and you would start the round with the hat off so nobody sees it.

More humor!
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #1485 on: November 19, 2009, 11:13:58 PM »

i love the new scoreboard.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1486 on: November 19, 2009, 11:35:00 PM »

- Empty pistol shot sound is too loud, perhaps other weapons too.

Also I forgot to show you that Empty deagle clip click is the same. Im not entirely sure about the other weapons though.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1487 on: November 19, 2009, 11:47:32 PM »

No.

I want full costumes you can unlock so that I may run around killing people as a Panda.

IT MUST BE.
Pastor
Build Tester

Bewildering Transvestite Wasteland

« Reply #1488 on: November 19, 2009, 11:50:30 PM »

If we dont get a commisar hat its all useless

ibor10
Poster

« Reply #1489 on: November 20, 2009, 02:33:00 AM »

I want full costumes you can unlock so that I may run around killing people as a Panda.

IT MUST BE.

Onimusha style?
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #1490 on: November 20, 2009, 05:32:12 AM »

If we dont get a commisar hat its all useless

http://media.photobucket.com/image/commisar%20hat/NillyBob219/DSCN1784.jpg

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1491 on: November 20, 2009, 07:53:31 AM »

How much demand would there be for a feature where you can click on people in the scoreboard to cycle through tags like "suspicious", as a reminder to yourself? I think Kiwi requested this a while ago, and I'm wondering if more people would use that. The tags could probably be made to show up when you target ID the player as well, which could be useful if there's a "kill on sight" one I suppose. It seems like the feature might be useful in certain situations on large servers, but I'm not sure. You'd lose the ability to look around while the scoreboard is open.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1492 on: November 20, 2009, 08:05:07 AM »

How much demand would there be for a feature where you can click on people in the scoreboard to cycle through tags like "suspicious", as a reminder to yourself? I think Kiwi requested this a while ago, and I'm wondering if more people would use that. The tags could probably be made to show up when you target ID the player as well, which could be useful if there's a "kill on sight" one I suppose. It seems like the feature might be useful in certain situations on large servers, but I'm not sure. You'd lose the ability to look around while the scoreboard is open.

I like this idea, but the problem with this is how would one be able to prevent abusing this? Traitors can make everyone "KoS" or someone who is trolling / minging a server that marks everyone "KoS" or even players that have something against eachother.

Its an idea to think of but we'd need to work out the problem wtih trolls. Maybe make it so that you can know WHO marked that person? Not being able to look around while looking at the player menu shouldn't be that big of a deal. Another nice suggestion would be this, when a body is "Confirmed Dead" you can go into the scoreboard and click on the name of someone who's "Confirmed Dead" and you'd be able to see everything about their death as if you were inspecting their body. It makes sense because when someone confirms a body they're going to report all information on their <Insert bluetooth headset used by traitors here>.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:08:56 AM by ball2hi »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1493 on: November 20, 2009, 08:11:40 AM »

I think that would be a neat feature but I do worry it getting really complicated. Fortunately it's simply for a single person so the confusion stays limited. I know I could use it as I often have a hard time remembering who I need to keep an eye out for.

Ball, I think the notifications would be client side essentially. Only you would see your taggings.

For some reason this triggered a thought about an idea that I think was tossed around in the past but not discussed too much.  The idea of the ability to write notes. Now the big thing is the UI would need to be intentionally limiting and make the write vulnerable. This would be useful to people who want to say, "I am with x person." Perhaps the note could be found on a dead body, or maybe even have it spawn an actual sheet of paper which can be read by players. If you are forced to be vulnerable to type your note you won't want to spend lots of time writing so you might even just give initials of the person.

If notes stay on the body like a last words then this gives incentive to burn bodies, as well as to actually use the "nonalert corpse search", so you can see if they had a note at all and then deal with the situation appropriately. If the note can be written and placed in the world, then you could have any number of uses for it. Naturally if it's found by a traitor they could destroy it. If placeable then players can get creative in how they hide it, and when a dead body is found an important task might litterally be to block off an area and look for hidden notes that could have been left.

I also assume there'd be a bumber of limitation to the notes to balance it via note lasting time, number of notes you can write, ect. Could be really neat though in my opinion.

Bug:
Something I saw earlier today, sometimes a player who is a traitor will not be listed as a traitor on the end round screen. This does not affect gameplay, but it does affect scoring. They will not be given any traitor point bonuses, they will be treated as innocents. Not sure if they rack up penalties for innocent kills or not. As a matter of fact I don't know if any of the traitors this happened to had made any kills, might be a part of the issue.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 08:14:54 AM by JossiRossi »

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1494 on: November 20, 2009, 08:28:20 AM »

Ball, I think the notifications would be client side essentially. Only you would see your taggings.

Yes. It would also be one tag at a time, cleared when the round ends or you remove it manually. Adding/removing would be done by simply clicking a name, where with each click it would cycle through the list of possible tags (including no tag).

Bug:
Something I saw earlier today, sometimes a player who is a traitor will not be listed as a traitor on the end round screen. This does not affect gameplay, but it does affect scoring. They will not be given any traitor point bonuses, they will be treated as innocents. Not sure if they rack up penalties for innocent kills or not. As a matter of fact I don't know if any of the traitors this happened to had made any kills, might be a part of the issue.

I've seen this happen a single time as well, when I was one of the traitors, a few versions ago. I believe it might only affect the round report screen (which would then show inaccurate bonuses etc), and perhaps not the "true" scores kept on the server. Unlike last time I looked into it, I have some ideas as to where it might be, so I'll check it out again.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1495 on: November 20, 2009, 09:05:36 AM »

Found another bug. Very minor and none game breaking but still a bug.

It seems every now and then the scoreboard loses its score order.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1496 on: November 20, 2009, 10:13:46 AM »

Added to my list.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1497 on: November 20, 2009, 11:31:36 AM »

I wanted something like this, the ability to select people on the score board and lable them.

So yes, my 9000+ posts demand this feauture.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1498 on: November 20, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »

Quiet, you. 

One thing I've been meaning to address is last words. Consider the following three situations:

[li]Someone yells out over the microphone, as they're being attacked, "JOSSI ROSSI IS THE TRAITOR!" and they die. Jossi types, "No I'm not", and following no retort from the dead person, everyone forgets this ever happened.[/li]
    [li]Someone is legitimately caught off guard and can only yell into the microphone "IT'S JOSSI I-" before being killed. Although slightly more suspicious than usual, Jossi still gets off practically scot free.
    [/li][li]Someone types or uses quick chat to say "JOSSI IS THE TRAITOR!" and is killed by jossi. Following no response, most people forget.[/li]
    [li]Someone is legitimately caught off guard and only has time to type "JOSSI I-". It shows up in last words and jossi practically has a kill on sight on him.[/li]

I feel like something is wrong here. The only people who have the luxury of having their last death be heard "officially" are people who happen to use the keyboard and are slow at it.

So what am I suggesting? I'm not sure, exactly, I'd just like to hear people's thoughts on this.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1499 on: November 20, 2009, 01:57:12 PM »

What can I say, there people trust jossi more than pubbie 143214

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length