Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:55:08 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700445 times)
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #1400 on: November 12, 2009, 01:32:28 AM »

it was simply the creation of a mode where you autofire on death.
Which is horribly dumb. You're essentially asking for an auto kill-the-traitor feature. Yes, you'd be dead as well, but in a game mode that relies on the traitorous team to be vastly outnumbered, it would be difficult for said traitors to avoid literally unavoidable gunfire while performing the only task they're set to accomplish. Simply keep your ironsights trained on every single person you see and you would never be wrong since the other person has to kill you first, in effect killing himself as well. Traitor or innocent, the person who actually succeeded in the initial kill ends up losing out, not because of a skillful counter by his slain foe, but because of an automatically fired shot not controlled either by him or his victim. You may as well just ask for auto aim too.

If you want to kill someone, do it before you die. If you die, you forfeit that ability by virtue of being dead.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:33:56 AM by Marphy Black »

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #1401 on: November 12, 2009, 02:54:34 AM »

Pretty much.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1402 on: November 12, 2009, 06:42:35 AM »

While I realize how cool the prospect of actual Mexican standoffs are, it's just not something you can really do in a game.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1403 on: November 12, 2009, 10:07:47 AM »

Marphy makes good points, but they only apply when you run right up to someone and shoot him.

Right now, aiming your gun at someone basically does not help you in any way, because most weapons will kill you instantly if the shooter is somewhat close. It's mildly frustrating to get killed constantly as innocent by a traitor just running up to you and shotgunning. You die not because the traitor did anything clever, but because you ran into him while foraging guns, and you exercised the necessary restraint to avoid RDM.

So that's why the concept appeals to me. In practice the side effects may be too large (ie. people constantly ironsighting everyone), and cheapish deaths should just be allowed to happen, with the advantage of quicker rounds and more chances to be traitor.

Either way, I will be making ironsights slow you down while decreasing recoil by 25% and perhaps slightly increasing accuracy.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1404 on: November 12, 2009, 12:07:40 PM »

Which is horribly dumb. You're essentially asking for an auto kill-the-traitor feature. Yes, you'd be dead as well, but in a game mode that relies on the traitorous team to be vastly outnumbered, it would be difficult for said traitors to avoid literally unavoidable gunfire while performing the only task they're set to accomplish. Simply keep your ironsights trained on every single person you see and you would never be wrong since the other person has to kill you first, in effect killing himself as well. Traitor or innocent, the person who actually succeeded in the initial kill ends up losing out, not because of a skillful counter by his slain foe, but because of an automatically fired shot not controlled either by him or his victim. You may as well just ask for auto aim too.

If you want to kill someone, do it before you die. If you die, you forfeit that ability by virtue of being dead.

So you run up to everyone and get in the fact of the person you're going to kill? And there are, what, rules against sniping, grenades, behind-the-back kills, or killing a guy while he's pointing at an innocent?
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1405 on: November 12, 2009, 12:13:01 PM »

It would mean, aiming at people became that more deadly.
I normaly always watch the person I'm with, due to trust issues I had when I was brutaly mishandled by a shooping clerk when I was 3 years old.

However that's irelevant. Now people can go, hey bro don't look at me, if you get sniped I could I.
Meaning you would have to watch each others back, increasing teamwork with innocents.
Or no one would stick near anyone, helping the traitors but ruining anysense of teamwork with innocnets.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
MidKnight
Poster

« Reply #1406 on: November 12, 2009, 01:55:39 PM »

Well figured I would for once post an idea I had some where it might actually be considered. So I was thinking about how a few people thought it might be cool if TTT had local chat. But then I thought about how easy that would make it for the Traitors. BING! (that is the sound I hear when I get a good idea) what if all players had a handheld radio? The normal chat button would only broadcast locally, say a 25-50 ft radius. However when players pull out there radio and press the Primary fire they could broadcast there voice over one of several channels. Alt-Fire would switch between 10 channels. Global then 1-9. This could allow also for "squads" of innocents. Say you and someone else just got cleared by a Traitor Checker and you want to be able to communicate with just that person. Well just tell then to switch to channel 6 and chit chat away. Further more since all channels are unsecured this could lead to some sneaky strategies for the Traitors. Since most everyone already has there quick-switch bound to something, switching back to your weapon wouldn't be hard at all.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 01:57:13 PM by MidKnight »
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #1407 on: November 12, 2009, 02:32:11 PM »

So you run up to everyone and get in the fact of the person you're going to kill?
This is why you're complaining. If it wasn't, your feature would be fundamentally useless. Why not ask for the autofire upon death to simply shoot in some random trajectory so that it might take out your killer should he attack from a different direction? Well of course you not asking for that because you're moaning over the fact that a traitor walked right up to you at point blank range, aimed at your face, and then took the shot and left. Apparently you have some great fault with the game mechanics here. I, for one, would simply avoid such blatant proximity at all costs.

Nonetheless, despite your intention of eliminating this one circumstance, the consequences of your proposed feature would extend far further. There would be no reason to not leave your iron sights trained on any and everyone. Intend to camp? Just hunker down in some room, iron sight, and take aim at any visible movement. Contrary to any logic, that camping guy you'd expect to be able to pull a successful surprise ambush against can now, despite being dead, suddenly pull of an instant cheap shot through no effort of his own. The only way to avoid this cheap shot is to not kill him, not particularly conducive to the traitors' goal, or to find a means of death that doesn't involve entering his line of sight, a potentially impractical objective. You might survive one autofire on death, but when your only aim as a traitor is to kill others, you'd be taking a lot of cheap shots. The traitor should have to worry about taking damage from the people who actually do go to the trouble of shooting him, not those who just aim at everything and use the game as a crutch to shoot for them.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #1408 on: November 12, 2009, 02:35:09 PM »

What about a chance for it to fire in a random trajectory and for a random amount of time(Like with a mac you could end up shooting more than once with it) only if the person wasn't sniped, knifed or blown up?

*EDIT* By sniped I mean head-shotted.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 02:40:19 PM by Marauder8[UK] »

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1409 on: November 12, 2009, 08:07:51 PM »

Update:

- Ironsights changes:
  * While ironsighted, your recoil is reduced by 25% and your bullet spread reduced by 10%
  * In exchange, you move at walk-speed while ironsighting
  * Crosshairs are now a dark colour while ironsighted so they do not stick out as much for people who dislike them.

- Made crouched walking slower. Previously it would move as fast as normal running, which was odd because your footsteps were still silent. Now you crouchwalk about as fast as you do while pressing the walk key.

- Fixed C4 non-armed being impossible to pick up when player had an equipment item (armor/radar).

- Traitors attempting to buy something they cannot have for some reason should now never result in a credit being spent.

- Made a C4 award's text shorter as it would get clipped off.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v121109

Known issue I can't fix: because for some reason Gmod handles crouchwalk speed using a multiplier, crouching while slowed down due to pressing walk or ironsighting makes you crouchwalk even slower. Pretend you're in the Matrix.
Marauder8
Build Tester

« Reply #1410 on: November 12, 2009, 08:11:17 PM »

There's a bit of a bug with the knife. I was standing behind someone and tried to knife the, the animation would play but they were still standing and I still held the knife.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1411 on: November 12, 2009, 08:41:42 PM »

That sounds like your client thought he was closer than he was on the server due to lag etc, and according to the server he was just out of range or not hit for some other reason. The knife stab uses lagcompensation but that's never flawless. Think of it like shooting someone and seeing a blood sprite, but not really hitting him for the same reasons.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1412 on: November 12, 2009, 08:49:28 PM »

So im guessing the firing upon death while Ironsighted idea is being scrapped? I rather liked the idea, although it would need some major balencing.
Marauder8
Build Tester

« Reply #1413 on: November 12, 2009, 08:55:50 PM »

Well, What did tGB think of this idea to balance it?
link=topic=9124.msg337189#msg337189 date=1258036509]
What about a chance for it to fire in a random trajectory and for a random amount of time(Like with a mac you could end up shooting more than once with it) only if the person wasn't sniped, knifed or blown up?

*EDIT* By sniped I mean head-shotted.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1414 on: November 12, 2009, 09:02:41 PM »

I actually have it implemented (because it was really easy to do), but it's disabled. Maybe I'll turn it into a convar next release so server admins can test it and see how it affects the game.

RE: random trajectory: I'd already figured I'd make it punch your view (like recoil does) as you die before the dying shot is fired.
Marauder8
Build Tester

« Reply #1415 on: November 12, 2009, 09:29:09 PM »

Awesome, it just seems that everyday TTT gets better and better.

Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1416 on: November 12, 2009, 09:51:57 PM »

I actually have it implemented (because it was really easy to do), but it's disabled. Maybe I'll turn it into a convar next release so server admins can test it and see how it affects the game.

RE: random trajectory: I'd already figured I'd make it punch your view (like recoil does) as you die before the dying shot is fired.

I'd appreciate that, thanks. It would be a good compromise.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1417 on: November 12, 2009, 09:56:43 PM »

link=topic=9124.msg337230#msg337230 date=1258061349]
Awesome, it just seems that everyday TTT gets better and better.

Thats because it does :)

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1418 on: November 12, 2009, 10:04:12 PM »

Suggestion, make each weapon do X damage less then its normal shot. Example: lets say shotgun, each pellet does 6 damage, when death + in ironsights = each bullet does 2 damage.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1419 on: November 12, 2009, 11:36:41 PM »

<3

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 [71] 72 73 74 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length