Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:54:27 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700389 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #360 on: September 25, 2009, 08:43:24 PM »

Traitor equipment menu complete. Selecting and receiving equipment is fully functional (limited to 1 piece per round, and 1 carried at any time). C4 and body armor have been implemented.

Two screenshots. First is before spawning either option. Second is viewing the menu after using it to get C4.

Any way, I've tried ttt_spectate and it works but even when ttt_spectate is used the bot is still being selected as a traitor even though its in spectator.

I'll check it out.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #361 on: September 25, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »

TGB, you are a god.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #362 on: September 25, 2009, 09:09:32 PM »

Awesome.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Laserhead
Poster

Unicorn Meat Production Manager

« Reply #363 on: September 25, 2009, 09:50:10 PM »

I just picked up Gmod and am about to try this out! Yay!

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!
Quote from:  " Pi Mu Rho"
Angry Lawyer is alive and well and probably in your mother's bedroo
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #364 on: September 25, 2009, 10:30:44 PM »

TGB, you are a god.

:C

Anyway what maps are you guys even playing that have water? I know when we played SK in ZM we used parklife a few times but that hasn't been used has it?

We run several other maps on The Ice Cave which hold some water and the far cry map holds a great deal of water.

Does anyone know what causes some players not to see fire?

Never happened to me yet nor did I hear anyone talk about it.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 10:32:41 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #365 on: September 26, 2009, 12:17:50 AM »

Garry seems to have disabled drowning in gmod way back. I'll add it to the list, though probably not for next version.

For people who want drowning couldnt they just add life support to the server to acheive that affect?

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #366 on: September 26, 2009, 07:33:53 AM »

Funny I was just going to say that. The traitor equpiment meun looks awesome can't wait to play it again. Are you still working on a silenced pistol? That would be very cool.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #367 on: September 26, 2009, 07:39:07 AM »

Silenced pistol might happen for next version. I kind of want an extra choice available to make body armor less of a standard pick.

It should be fairly easy to make, as it will duplicate the pistol but have a different model and sound effect.

For people who want drowning couldnt they just add life support to the server to acheive that affect?

Yeah, but it's not that difficult to add.

I've heard of some people not seeing fire, but I can only speculate why. The incendiary grenade creates standard fire effects. The only reason I can think of is that you might need Episode 2, but that's unlikely.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #368 on: September 26, 2009, 09:53:31 AM »

Fun thing: CS:S weapon world models need a small fix to their animations to make them work in gmod. This is why gmod includes fixed versions of all CS:S weapons. Well, almost all CS:S weapons, because they didn't include the silenced version of the USP pistol, meaning I can't use it. FFFFFFF--

Guess I'll use the TMP or something.

edit:
Wait what. The USP included with gmod has the silencer on it, even though it has the filename of the unsilenced version. Oh well, I'm not complaining.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:01:40 AM by theGreenBunny »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2009, 11:36:38 AM »

A version that is new:

- Added special equipment for traitors. Traitors can press C (or whatever they have gmod's context menu bound to) to open an equipment menu. There they can spawn a single piece of equipment per round. Special equipment weapons will drop on death or when dropped by the traitor, and can be picked up by anyone. However, you can only ever carry one piece of special equipment, weapon or otherwise. Special equipment weapons are their own "type", meaning you can carry a normal pistol type weapon and a special equipment pistol. Note that this information is not in the help screen yet.

- Added C4 traitor equipment. Plant with left mouse, press use/E on a planted bomb to view its arming menu and set it up. After arming, pressing use on a bomb will give you the disarm menu. You can rearm a disarmed bomb, but not pick it up as weapon (may change in the future). Planted bombs can still be carried with the magneto after planting, whether they're armed or not. This may change as well, because it allows you to sling armed bombs around, which could be good or bad. Armed bombs will emit a very soft beep.

- Added body armor traitor equipment. Invisible effect that reduces all damage to the torso by 20%. In practice this usually means an extra body shot is required to kill you. Headshots and limbshots are unaffected.

- Added silenced pistol traitor equipment. Same specs as a normal pistol, but silenced. Uses same ammo reserve as well. Can be carried next to the normal pistol.

- Made smoke grenade create darker, less transparent smoke that stays around longer.

- Increased incendiary grenade's fire radius and damage.

- Prevented incendiary fire from damaging through objects/walls.

- More spectator functions. Click your mousebuttons a bit to snap to random players in different ways. Hitting jump will put you back into standard noclip mode.

- Fixed spectators who joined late seeing wrong round time.

- Added ttt_bots_are_spectators convar. Set to 1 to force all bots on spectator team as forced spectators, meaning they will not be respawned or picked as traitor.

- Added drowning damage. Starts after 10s under water.

- Fixed ammo only picking up when you moved into the trigger zone, and not when you were already standing inside it.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v260909
PzK
« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2009, 11:44:30 AM »

Awesome.

Prevented incendiary fire from damaging through objects/walls.

Does this mean we can't kill the guy in the test tube in ttt_thething with a incendiary grenade anymore? Oh well.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2009, 11:47:11 AM »

Sounds win.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2009, 12:44:36 PM »

Awesome update TGB. My server has been updated.

EDIT: When attempting to disarm the bomb on my server, this errors appears -

(a function value)entities/ttt_c4/cl_init.lua:221: attempt to index global 'LocalPlayer'

each click of a button this happens.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 12:56:15 PM by Alters »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #373 on: September 26, 2009, 01:32:48 PM »

Absolutely awesome, thanks for the updates.
Putting it up on The Ice Cave atm.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2009, 01:36:28 PM »

Swiftfreddy  says,  I can't use traitor stuff two times in a row.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #375 on: September 26, 2009, 01:59:08 PM »

He is correct, once you've been a traitor and bought equipment you can not buy it again for the duration of the entire map I assume, or till you reconnect perhaps.
A new round does not reset the limit atm.

We've just tested this on The Ice Cave, I however could not find the error described above from Alters.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #376 on: September 26, 2009, 02:15:25 PM »

I have fixes for both issues in place and am about to test them. When verified I'll put up a new version.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #377 on: September 26, 2009, 02:29:33 PM »

Here it is:

- Fixed flag of player having ordered equipment not resetting between rounds

- Fixed Lua errors on bomb disarm keypress

- Added notes on traitor equipment to help text

Trouble in Terrorist Town v260909b
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2009, 02:33:17 PM »

cheers, updating now.

OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #379 on: September 26, 2009, 02:58:42 PM »

2 bugs:
I joined a game and started with 6 points.
pressing space snaps you back to your dead body

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length