Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:53:33 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700330 times)
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2009, 03:00:32 PM »

If I sell my equipment, can I buy something new? (this is before I've used it) Because atm you can't.

Also throwing the incendiary grenade gives lua errors. I'll get them when the map finishes downloading.
v
weapons/weapon_ttt_unarmed/shared.lua:60: attempt to call method 'DrawViewModel' (a nil value)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 03:03:05 PM by worbat »

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #381 on: September 26, 2009, 03:23:37 PM »

If I sell my equipment, can I buy something new? (this is before I've used it) Because atm you can't.

No, this would allow you to wear the body armor and gain its benefits, then change to eg. the silenced pistol when you need it. If you want to make sure you get the right thing, you should wait before choosing something.

Fixed that error.

2 bugs:
I joined a game and started with 6 points.
pressing space snaps you back to your dead body

Noted.

I just played on Ice Cave and noticed the (HL2DM) map it was on still had some HL2DM stuff (batteries, crossbow ammo). If you notice stuff like that you should let me know so I can add it to the list of replaced entities.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #382 on: September 26, 2009, 04:02:02 PM »

Ammo now maxs per block picked up with the rifle (it gives 3 lots)... Bug?

my god
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #383 on: September 26, 2009, 04:04:50 PM »

A couple times today, after picking up a gun, I found myself with no crowbar and two magneto sticks.

Also, I must say, the shotgun feels overpowered.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #384 on: September 26, 2009, 04:22:51 PM »

Sometimes after picking up 1 ammo case you'll get 3.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #385 on: September 26, 2009, 04:25:25 PM »

Agreed, the shotgun needs some form of longer cooldown.

my god
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #386 on: September 26, 2009, 04:42:46 PM »

Smoke has always caused me a good deal of frame lag.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #387 on: September 26, 2009, 05:45:58 PM »

The shotgun isn't overpowered, it's a shotgun.

The mac-10 needs to lose it's kick back and the deagle could be a bit stronger, but otherwise it's all fine.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #388 on: September 26, 2009, 05:53:18 PM »

Last update for today, barring unforseen circumstances:

- Fixed spectator jump teleporting you back to your corpse.

- Fixed spectators that were never alive during the round still getting an innocent team bonus.

- Made sure ammo boxes can only give ammo once, even if it is triggered multiple times before it manages to remove itself.

- Increased delay between shotgun shots slightly (was 0.6, now 0.7).

- Another attempt at making sure the round end time is sent to late joining spectators. If it still doesn't work I'm out of ideas. Not being able to test this by myself sucks.

- Added ttt_print_traitors, a command only usable by server console or admins, which prints who is traitor and who is not, for easier verification if someone is breaking rules.

- Added more HL2DM crap to entity replacement list.

- Delayed entity replacement and subsequent player spawning to the next server tick after resetting the map. On large maps with tons of entities, the replacement made gmod whine about the number of entities spawned, if all the standard map entities had also been respawned in the same tick (due to cleanup). So now the replacement happens about one tick later, and player spawn was similarly delayed to avoid edge cases where players spawn on top of old weapons/ammo just before it is replaced. If all goes well players should not notice any of this. If all does not go well things will break completely and you'll know.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v260909c

Smoke has always caused me a good deal of frame lag.

This is inevitable. I personally don't notice it at all on my fairly mainstream hardware.

A couple times today, after picking up a gun, I found myself with no crowbar and two magneto sticks.

I have no idea what the hell.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #389 on: September 26, 2009, 06:02:16 PM »

Wow your working like a mad man, updating.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #390 on: September 26, 2009, 06:27:29 PM »

Three new versions in one day? Is the latest one safe? :P
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #391 on: September 26, 2009, 07:11:11 PM »

Three new versions in one day? Is the latest one safe? :P

working fine here.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #392 on: September 26, 2009, 09:22:38 PM »

I just came.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #393 on: September 26, 2009, 09:27:46 PM »

I found a mistake in the traitor selection code that meant that people who were traitor last time did not have to make an extra roll to be traitor again. This should help prevent the traitor streaks that currently still happen (andy was it like five times in a row in a game I was in).

Will probably roll it out in a small update tomorrow morning. Among other things the C4 damage radius will greatly increase.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #394 on: September 26, 2009, 09:33:17 PM »

[UCL] Access set.
Hook 'Expression2ToolScreenInitialize' Failed: autorun/E2toolscreen.lua:60: attempt to index global 'SWEP' (a nil value)

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #395 on: September 26, 2009, 09:42:05 PM »

That's not part of TTT. It's some autorun script, looks like a modified faceposer? Either a problem with the server's custom scripts or with any custom gmod scripts you installed.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #396 on: September 26, 2009, 11:25:02 PM »

I found a mistake in the traitor selection code that meant that people who were traitor last time did not have to make an extra roll to be traitor again.

Noticed that as well, there usually seems to be someone on a traitor streak.

Qloos
Poster

« Reply #397 on: September 27, 2009, 01:49:22 AM »

New traitor feature stories:

Bomb:

There were a few innocents chatting at an intersection on ZM_downtown.  I hid in an alley and armed the bomb for 5 minutes, magnetoed it and flung it into the center of them.

"Woah"
"HOLY SHIT"
"ITS THE BOMB"
"[Random Innocent A] PLANTED IT! KILL HIM!"
"An Innocent terrorist has died"
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #398 on: September 27, 2009, 03:17:10 AM »

omb

So, I admit ignorance of this whole matter, but, um

Of what practical use ever is the bomb? It seems like trying to time the thing to go off precisely when people are nearby would be really hard, and the explosion radius isn't all that large; it wouldn't surprise me if just walking to the opposite side of the room would be a sufficient protection. Admittedly, it's fun now because of the "OH GOD GUYS SOMEONE SET US UP THE BOMB" sillyness while all the forumites are excited about it, but it doesn't seem very practical.

EDIT: I agree with marphy about the grenades. Most rooms are bigger than the fire radius, so it doesn't do much besides force them into a corner or something and the damage is pretty lackluster anyway.

I still havn't seen a smoke grenade used in a manner that benefited the guy throwing it
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 03:18:58 AM by Zeppelin Man »

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #399 on: September 27, 2009, 03:23:39 AM »

Sigh I just gt RDM'ed on alters server.

12 times in a row.

Sigh.

Hey TGB, you know what would be cool? A silenced shotgun, No country for old men style.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 03:25:47 AM by eeny »

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length