Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:59:42 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700793 times)
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #340 on: September 24, 2009, 08:57:44 PM »

I've just tried trigger_remove and it did the job. Could be useful to remove dead bodies in other situations to hide traitor's evil actions.

When traitors are picked assign them a gun that does no damage but when shot at a dead body, it disintegrates it.

:P
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #341 on: September 24, 2009, 09:03:48 PM »

Hm. A idea, that possibly might be flat out overpowered, for traitor perks is some sort of...

... Spiderman tool. Basically, a grapple.

Lets you pick a point (within range) and it will draw you toward it - Like Batman! Maybe also will let you stick until you have it 'let go', too, so you can have SURPRISE CEILING SHOTGUN or something, but I imagine that might cause... Problems. Would allow a lot of new freedom of movement for a traitor (Imagine using it on canyon! Even appts...) while being... Extremely obvious.

It's not a good tool for those trying to be flat out subtle, as someone getting up to a area (Or traveling up a wall) where one can't really usually access is sort of suspicious, eh?

while that would be awesome it would change the entire game and make traitors way too obvious. haha WOO

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #342 on: September 24, 2009, 10:39:55 PM »

Traitors do need more ambush tactics though. They need to be able to deal with numbers.

Thought: What about a "play dead"? Something that made the traitor fall down and make the thing output the "innocent dead" message, since we're already making ragdolls serverside? Just bring them into a third person perspective, like with that ragdoll mod for Gmod. I mean, you should still be able to damage it. Is there any way to do that? Have it still take fall and physics and weapon damage? It would really add to the paranoia feel of the game. Make some way to check the body easily, like hitting the use button would alert the player and all the innocents that the person who played dead was really a traitor?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 10:42:55 PM by Milo »
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #343 on: September 24, 2009, 10:46:48 PM »

making ragdolls serverside?

They've been server side for quite a few builds now.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #344 on: September 24, 2009, 10:47:45 PM »

Add space marines.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #345 on: September 24, 2009, 11:09:02 PM »

Traitors do need more ambush tactics though.

Actually, in my experience "all the tratiors move in together" gives them the ADVANTAGE of numbers, since players will generally spread out and rarely be in groups of more than 2 at a time.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #346 on: September 24, 2009, 11:43:49 PM »

They've been server side for quite a few builds now.

I know, I am saying that since they already are, this would not be as hard to do.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #347 on: September 25, 2009, 12:32:08 AM »

Ideas for traitor only specific items:

A constructable radar which tells the traitor, (or anyone else who uses it.)  Where people are.
A dozen land mines.
Riot shield which can be picked up with magneto stick.
Spiked ball.  Which can be picked up with magneto stick and used as a weapon.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #348 on: September 25, 2009, 07:36:48 AM »

Deleted a bunch of posts. If you want to boast about your trolling exploits on TDR, do it somewhere else.

When traitors are picked assign them a gun that does no damage but when shot at a dead body, it disintegrates it.

Actually not a terrible idea for traitor equipment.

Traitors do need more ambush tactics though. They need to be able to deal with numbers.

They need to split up the group of innocents, perhaps by sniping at them, causing confusion in other ways, or by infiltrating them.

Thought: What about a "play dead"?

The problem with this is that it would be annoying to implement but lose all its effectiveness after a day or two, when everyone simply headshots the ragdoll after every kill they make.
Andyp
Poster

« Reply #349 on: September 25, 2009, 08:59:42 AM »

Well first, fuck you and your moral high ground.

Second, if a guys dming just have everyone in the server band together and kill the guy until he rage quits. It's not that hard.
But fine, if you want to tip toe around the issue and rather cry to someone else instead of dealing with it yourself, whatever.

It's not that sarge its just that taking action like that has resulted in the server degenerating into a complete fuckfest every single time this isnt just some isolated incident and besides i dont want a punishment system i was just making a comment on who was best to play with.
As for your 'i was trying to help' a snarky comment along the lines of how hard is it to shoot someone is not helping, it's a subtle insult and you know it as well as i do.

The thing about the dicksniffing and the weakling stuff was basically also to do with the real world rather than specifically you but when people think that the solution is to be as bad as the perpetrators nothing get's solved it just goes round and round and makes it bad for everyone. Call it a moral high ground if you want but i dont say these things to make myself feel better nor do i think im better ive just got too much personal experience of this stuff going bad.

As for the admin thing admin's arent always on.

The true Anthem of England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJNic_XSwBo&feature=related
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #350 on: September 25, 2009, 01:00:37 PM »

I would like to request Source TV support. Mainly cause I want to start using source tv for all my servers as they make great tools to check any possibly problems that have occurred on the server so that admin action can follow.

Simply ignoring bots and make them stay in spectator would be lovely.

Also I'm not sure if this has been reported yet before. I've noticed you are already aware of spectators using sprays. The same problem occurs for ladders, spectators can use ladders and generally get themselves stuck on them.

Note. The spectators getting stuck on ladders only happens on the first join before they are "death"

Many thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 02:09:40 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #351 on: September 25, 2009, 02:10:38 PM »

I can't ignore bots by default, because I use them heavily in testing. However, I'll add a cvar that sets them all in forced spectator mode. Theoretically if you can make Source TV send commands after joining, the command "ttt_spectate" will already force it on the spectator team and never spawn it as player.

The next version will have several spectator enhancements. Left click snaps you to a random player while remaining in freelook mode, right click snaps you to a random player in chase cam, jump sets you in freelook at any point. This should at least let spectators unstuck themselves from ladders. Gmod does not offer a convenient way of blocking them from even getting on ladders, sadly.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #352 on: September 25, 2009, 02:36:18 PM »

Could you make it so you don't have to hold alt to walk but just press it to start walking and press it again to run? I spend a lot of time walking and constantly holding alt is a bit annoying.

Also, this would be nice to see a person's weapon attached to his back when he holsters his weapon.

Taking hostages is fun in this game and if you're ever going to work towards this direction make it so weapons can be picked up only by pressing "e". My hostages accidentally pick up weapons and I have to shoot them.

Also, you can never drown in the water in TTT.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #353 on: September 25, 2009, 03:10:14 PM »

Could you make it so you don't have to hold alt to walk but just press it to start walking and press it again to run? I spend a lot of time walking and constantly holding alt is a bit annoying.

That's not part of TTT.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #354 on: September 25, 2009, 03:31:25 PM »

I can't ignore bots by default, because I use them heavily in testing. However, I'll add a cvar that sets them all in forced spectator mode

That be great.

Theoretically if you can make Source TV send commands after joining, the command "ttt_spectate" will already force it on the spectator team and never spawn it as player.

I'm using a similar system like this for Zombie Master, Orange Box however seems to prevent most commands from being executed on the client.
I'll have to try it with ttt_spectate.

You should be able to make a bind for toggle walk relatively easily, I'll see if I can hook something up for you.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 03:46:19 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #355 on: September 25, 2009, 05:23:27 PM »

Also, this would be nice to see a person's weapon attached to his back when he holsters his weapon.

CS:S uses an attachment on the model to do this. GMod versions of the CS:S player models have been modified to use the correct animations, and sadly they no longer have that attachment point. Trying to replicate the effect through some other means would be too complex to be worth it.

Taking hostages is fun in this game and if you're ever going to work towards this direction make it so weapons can be picked up only by pressing "e". My hostages accidentally pick up weapons and I have to shoot them.

I'll consider it.

Also, you can never drown in the water in TTT.

Garry seems to have disabled drowning in gmod way back. I'll add it to the list, though probably not for next version.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #356 on: September 25, 2009, 05:29:31 PM »

There goes my hiding in water to get a kill idea.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #357 on: September 25, 2009, 05:42:11 PM »

Gah for some reason it didn't edit my post.

Any way, I've tried ttt_spectate and it works but even when ttt_spectate is used the bot is still being selected as a traitor even though its in spectator.

Also water drowning would be great as hiding in the water can be annoying.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 05:43:23 PM by FF|NedStar »

ernesto
Poster

« Reply #358 on: September 25, 2009, 08:09:54 PM »

Does anyone know what causes some players not to see fire?
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #359 on: September 25, 2009, 08:31:06 PM »

Deleted a bunch of posts. If you want to boast about your trolling exploits on TDR, do it somewhere else.

:C

Anyway what maps are you guys even playing that have water? I know when we played SK in ZM we used parklife a few times but that hasn't been used has it?

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length