Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2024, 10:51:45 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1698048 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2009, 09:50:41 PM »

That reminds me, spectators should be able to hear living players. I think in ZM SK, that was the best part, because every situation boiled down to a really intense verbal mexican standoff, and the many many many people not left alive could revel in the awesome.

Yep, hadn't realized that you couldn't. On the list now.

Second, that punishment system reeeaaaalllly needs to be implemented. Doesn't have to be too complicated, a one warning two slay system could work, so long as there's something to motivate people to be more cautious.

I would like some more discussion on this now that points seem to be working properly. I'm personally thinking that eg. a -10 score or lower at the end of a round means you sit out the next one. There's some issues here, like what if you're still below ten at the end of the round that you get to play again? Easiest thing would be sitting out again, but is that too harsh? You could get in a play-sit-play-sit-play cycle until you happen to kill a traitor or two. Then again, easy solution is not killing people unless you know they're traitors.

Could also base it on the number of teammates killed during a round. That obviously wouldn't automatically carry over which has pros and cons. It isn't as easy to understand, and wouldn't take into account whether you did good things as well. Could easily lead to a mess of special case rules to account for that (ie. "killed 4 teammates means you sit out unless you also killed two traitors but only if the playercount is above X" etc etc).

So given the tools we have (sitting out one or more rounds, kicking, banning, I can do all three), and the measures we have (ie. the end of round stats, no voting), what's a good method?

I can store information for the duration of the map at least, to prevent people from just reconnecting to get a clean slate.

Third, killers ought to be able to see their partners on the scoreboard (either dead or alive). You can look it up manually anyways, it's just a lot of annoying work.

Yeah, but I'd have to do my own scoreboard. I'd much rather make a traitor menu as I've mentioned before, which I could then also put other information in (anything from fellow traitor health to an equipment selection menu). You'd bring it up with a key much like the scoreboard.

Fourth, mac10 needs some changing. While all weapons are powerful in some situation, the mac10 is inferior in all situations.

I'm leaving weapon balance the same for a while, a week or so. I'd like to see what people's opinions are after they have some time with the weapons as they are.

The MAC10 is a bit of an issue in that it just does not have a role to play. Shotgun is for nearby, rifle is for mid/long range. In ZM the MAC10 is for crowd control (no crowds here) or high value targets (everyone is high value), which is a role that TTT simply does not need.

I get the idea that perhaps not every weapon needs to excel at something. Perhaps sometimes you just have to deal with having a worse gun because you didn't manage to get a better one. This is not necessarily a problem.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 09:55:28 PM by theGreenBunny »
Waper
Build Tester

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2009, 10:03:36 PM »

I don't know if that's necessary. I think the minigame of "try to get yourself to mumble 'mammaries'" is good enough for me.

I won at that game once. I mumbled "ham mammaries".

Radscorpions? What's so rad about them?
zombie_hamster
King Beautiful

Professional christmas

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »

<3 tgb

words are nice
actions are good too but they're nicer if words inspire them
www.cleanbreath.org
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2009, 10:12:20 PM »

Mac10 is room clearance.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2009, 10:40:20 PM »

Don't implement a punishment system. The server just needs more admins to kick/ban when necessary.
Sarge
Poster

Here's Simon!

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »

Don't implement a punishment system. The server just needs more admins to kick/ban when necessary.
I agree. I really don't want to see an autonomous punishment system added.
That would ruin the game for me, I wouldn't shoot anyone at all unless they are dead obvious. I hardly shoot anyone as it is.

Just have more admins on or add a voteban/kick system.

Secone: hello sarge-sannn~~ Secone: uguu~~~ Secone: don't you think I am kawaii sarge-chann~!~
Quote from:  Worbat drunk
Sarge: Night night worbat! Worbat: niiiiiiiighty nig0hte           sargei awargie[/quote]
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2009, 11:16:57 PM »

perhaps the mac10 could be replaced with a new weapon?

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2009, 11:19:47 PM »

And some people say the mac10 is still overpowered. 
Sarge
Poster

Here's Simon!

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2009, 11:22:27 PM »

Couldn't that just be it's niche then? It's very powerful but everyone will be suspicious of the person using it. It's almost a death sentence when a person is killed with one, everyone with a Mac-10 is going to get shot at.

Secone: hello sarge-sannn~~ Secone: uguu~~~ Secone: don't you think I am kawaii sarge-chann~!~
Quote from:  Worbat drunk
Sarge: Night night worbat! Worbat: niiiiiiiighty nig0hte           sargei awargie[/quote]
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2009, 11:24:02 PM »

I'm thinking of buying the Gmod/CSS Combo for this. I've always wanted to re-get CSS and never did play Gmod. Is the mod frequently played?
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2009, 11:54:39 PM »

But don't you just love how Andy P shoots and kills anyone who he thinks looks like a killer, regardless of whether they are or not. Just last game, I was killed 4 times by Andy and not once did I attack someone prior to that (2 of those times I was innocent, and all of these times it was just a few minutes into the round). The punishment system isn't made to punish, it's made to intimidate people into not attacking because they feel like it. ZM SK always had admins on who acted very strict towards the issue, and although not once was anyone ever punished for anything (to my knowledge), people held the fuck back and didn't just kill on instinct.

That said, here's the system I think is good given simply end-of-round info:

Now I know you're all tired of my strike system being told and retold, but I've outfitted it to the specifications tGB has set. Each person gets 3 strikes before punishment. Each time they kill an innocent (and are innocent themselves, obviously), they get a strike. Since info can only be sent out end-of-round, the punishment is based on the total number of strikes (leftover strikes added to strikes from that round). 3 or 4 strikes means sit-out, 5-6 means kick and ban for 15 minutes, 7-8 means 24 ban (1 week if you get it twice, perma for 3 times).

At the start of every round, you lose a strike. So if you killed 1 innocent last round, next round you're clear. 2 last round leaves you with one extra next round. 3 last round means you sit-out for a round, but after your punishment you only start with 1 strike (since you've lost 2 since then). Getting 4 strikes is also only one round, but when you're back in the game you've got 2 strikes off the bat so be careful.

That's my proposition. Since info's only transfered at the end of the round, all strikes that appear on your HUD during the round from killing people are client-side only (aesthetic).

Also, while I'm text-walling, I thought I'd give my two cents about the scoring system.
As an innocent:
1 point for every innocent alive at the end of the round.
2 points for being alive at the end of the round.
5 points for killing a killer.
-2 points for team killing.

As a killer:
1 point every time an innocent is killed.
1 extra point for killing an innocent yourself.
-5 points for killing a fellow killer.
2 points for every killer left alive at the end of the round.
2 points for being alive at the end of the round.

EDIT: Oh right, the mac10. I think that the mac10 should be the weapon that wins when the opponent is out of his element. Specifically, change the weapon to that tighter mp5 with less recoil. The weapon can shoot at people from a range, but not as well as the carbine. It can also deal damage quick up-close, but not as well as the shotgun. The idea is that it beats shotguns at long range and beats carbines at close range. As it stands now, it can't do jack shit at long range and is very very quickly beat out by the shotgun at any range.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 11:58:06 PM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2009, 12:20:39 AM »

Why penalize killers for killing a fellow killer? It's a viable tactic in some situations.
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2009, 01:18:11 AM »

Why penalize killers for killing a fellow killer? It's a viable tactic in some situations.

It could still be a dick move in a lot of situations

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
zombie_hamster
King Beautiful

Professional christmas

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2009, 01:22:27 AM »

when a killer kills a killer there could be a forgive/revenge button that comes up like in some games

words are nice
actions are good too but they're nicer if words inspire them
www.cleanbreath.org
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2009, 01:41:24 AM »

i like the sound of the forgive/punish button.

also can you make it so that on the last round there's, like, 10 seconds for users to look through statS/ right now it ends immediately and it's annoying.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
tehshadow
Build Tester

Detective Slowpoke- The Fanciest Detective

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2009, 01:50:04 AM »

A built in banning system never works.... look at neotokyo.

I am not painting myself blue and making a forehead vagina out of paper mache. >:/
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2009, 02:25:56 AM »

Neotokyo failed for much more obvious reasons, and it's unfair to say that all its features led to its demise.

A "forgive" button would obviously be better, but it's obviously much better to keep the point penalty until then. Fuck, you already lose 5 points for killing a fellow killer. Fucking hell rotinaj, you don't even play this game, be quiet.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2009, 02:56:30 AM »

TTT is growing beyond my server's capability to allow everyone to play. We need more people putting up servers.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2009, 02:57:59 AM »

It slows down on weekdays, I think. I played for an obscene amount of time this weekend. I'm totally gonna make a map. :P

Dinner
Poster

The Harlem Globetrotters: Fashion World Tour

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2009, 03:08:09 AM »

Fucking hell rotinaj, you don't even play this game, be quiet.

Yes he does.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length