Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 18, 2024, 10:56:02 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1698091 times)
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2009, 03:38:44 AM »

Yet he's complaining that I suggest you lose points for killing fellow killers, a system which is already in place? Is he playing the game, or is he just seeing it?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2009, 03:44:11 AM »

I wasn't talking about your suggestion.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2009, 03:46:01 AM »

Marphy takes no pleasure in the job he does.

But he still pwnz0r3d us all.

This is the job Marphy did, btw:

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2009, 03:49:14 AM »

C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2009, 05:06:55 AM »

Man, if I had known I'd need CSS to play this I'd have gotten that a long time ago, need to look into getting it sometime this week. This seems like a ton of fun.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Al_Ka_Pwn
Build Tester

"Used Furniture Salesmen"

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2009, 05:43:24 AM »

img width=382 height=450 src="http://fast1.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/crazedspartanhadouken/random_pics/hitman_monkey.jpg" alt="" />

Est deus in nobis, agitante calescimus illo
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2009, 07:24:46 AM »

But don't you just love how Andy P shoots and kills anyone who he thinks looks like a killer, regardless of whether they are or not.

Solved. By having Admins!

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Username Exists
Poster

European Wunderkind

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2009, 07:31:31 AM »

Okay i didn't read all posts before but i still would like to play that mod.
But i need Garry's Mod 10 which costs money, right? It doesn't work with 9?

Hail Kiwiâ„¢ and the United States of America! Sausages suck and Burgers rock!
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2009, 07:37:35 AM »

You need 10.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2009, 07:41:16 AM »

Okay i didn't read all posts before but i still would like to play that mod.
But i need Garry's Mod 10 which costs money, right? It doesn't work with 9?

The topic post is accurate in this regard. You need GMod 10 and CS:S, both of which cost money if you do not own them yet. Of course if you already own HL2, you already own CS:S. Otherwise there are is a GMod + CS:S pack on Steam I believe.

That said, here's the system I think is good given simply end-of-round info:

Sounds pretty good to me. I agree that relying on admins for this is less than ideal. Some are going to be stricter than others, and it's all inevitably going to create a bunch of drama. Admins are still needed to prevent griefing on a general level (people abusing the systems, etc) obviously.

Still, if there are admins now, we can wait until after next weekend and see how things worked out. If it turns out they can prevent lameness without a strike system then that could save me a bunch of time.

About displaying the strikes: I'm not sure there should be a HUD element. Especially if we get corpse discovery later on, that could get pretty confusing with temporary strikes being added and then getting removed or something.

Seeing as the strikes could be calculated and added up at the end of the round, I'd probably add a tab to the round report listing strikes. Perhaps the strikes of all players, including any action being taken against them.

1 point for every innocent alive at the end of the round.

I like the team scores like this one.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:43:19 AM by theGreenBunny »
goatfetus
Poster

Righting wrongs through penetration

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2009, 08:06:36 AM »

O man tonight was epic, I guess some people from TDR found the server so there were plenty of people on. It was Midknight, boxii, some guy named Robot, and some random other guys. Also Notary was there.

Anyway soon after I joined the game I got into an epic shootout in a stairwell on Canyon, and we were both using shotguns. The other guy was the traitor, and we hit each other like 3 times before he finally died. In the middle of the fight I started getting a bit frantic so I accidentally dropped my gun in the middle of the fight and it landed behind the guy, so I had to rush him so I could get it back.

Later in the game after I think my second time being the traitor, everyone started to point fingers at me every round, it got kind of funny. I think at one point either boxii or robot was like "Ok I'm gonna shoot King(part of my alias in Steam right now as my firend stole Goatfetus), if he isn't the traitor you can shoot me in the face." So he actually walked over to me and shot me. The whole round up to and including that point I was just thinking to myself lolwut. Anyway as soon as it popped up that I was innocent, I think he got half a mag of mac 10 in his face.

Remember Remember the 10 of December
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2009, 11:22:44 AM »

In ZM_downtown there are objects in certain buildings that start placed inside walls by the map maker.

I just ran through downtown but couldn't find any of these. Could you describe one of them (ie. location and what it is)?
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2009, 02:25:31 PM »

The fake ID production building next to and connected to the washroom building there is a desk.  Connected to and atop the desk is a variety of objects embedded into said desk.  Specifically the recycling bin and other objects near it.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2009, 03:13:50 PM »

What hl2dm entity is replaced by desert eagle ammo? Is game_text completely disabled in TTT? I'm making an objective and would like to have some in-game text explaining it.

If there were 2 triggers for innocent and traitors that react when they touch them it would be possible for a mapper to build a test that tells who is innocent and who is traitor. It would work like this: There is a some kind of machine that checks a person who enters it. To power up you'll need some physics object to be put into it. When test is finished physics object is killed and the new one is required to be put in in order for the machine to work. Number of these physics objects is very limited and they could be destroyed.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2009, 03:56:25 PM »

What hl2dm entity is replaced by desert eagle ammo? Is game_text completely disabled in TTT? I'm making an objective and would like to have some in-game text explaining it.

Is there any particular reason you'd use hl2dm entities over ZM entities? The mapping from zm->ttt is much more simple and direct, and will never change. Neither is the case for HL2DM ents: there are some non-intuitive replacements that are needed because, for example, HL2DM players start with a pistol meaning there are no weapon_pistol ents. So I think healthkits become pistols or something right now, just to get a number of them on the map. I can't guarantee that kind of thing is going to stay the same, because we might find an RP map that works great for TTT but needs different HL2DM ent replacements to get a good mix of weapons.

Short version: I would recommend using weapon_zm_* entities.

If you really want to use HL2DM things, then currently weapon_frag becomes a deagle.

TTT doesn't remove game_text or something. I don't know why it wouldn't work. Is it in gmod?

If there were 2 triggers for innocent and traitors that react when they touch them it would be possible for a mapper to build a test that tells who is innocent and who is traitor. It would work like this: There is a some kind of machine that checks a person who enters it. To power up you'll need some physics object to be put into it. When test is finished physics object is killed and the new one is required to be put in in order for the machine to work. Number of these physics objects is very limited and they could be destroyed.

So you're asking if I can add a brush entity that checks if there is a traitor inside it and fires an output with a true/false (or 0/1, whatever Hammer uses)? The answer would be: I think so, yes.

By the way, it sounds like you could also explain it using a diagram in the world. Like Research and Development did quite successfully in several places, or even docks of the dead to some extent.
Notary
Poster

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2009, 04:14:53 PM »

The reason I'm mapping not in zm but in gmod is that zm is in ep1 engine while orange box hammer is a bit better. Considering game texts I do not see any of them them in downtown and countrytrain while they should be if game_texts haven't been touched.

So you're asking if I can add a brush entity that checks if there is a traitor inside it and fires an output with a true/false (or 0/1, whatever Hammer uses)? The answer would be: I think so, yes.

Exactly!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 04:17:37 PM by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2009, 05:35:29 PM »

If you're testing the map in TTT, you could still use the weapon_zm_ entities couldn't you? Just manually instead of with the FGD's help. Well, your call anyway. I don't promise anything about the hl2dm ents, but if things do change there it should be easy to go through the map and replace the hl2dm ents with the ZM equivalents to make it work again.

Looks like game_text does not work in gmod MP because of garry.

Oh well. It's actually kind of convenient that it doesn't work on downtown and countrytrain at least, so people don't go and try to do objectives.

The fake ID production building next to and connected to the washroom building there is a desk.  Connected to and atop the desk is a variety of objects embedded into said desk.  Specifically the recycling bin and other objects near it.

Okay, found them. They're technically not embedded, but they're motion disabled. The carry weapon wasn't checking for that so trying to pick them up would create crazy physics stresses. Fixed now.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 06:12:28 PM by theGreenBunny »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2009, 06:19:58 PM »

Small update again today. I don't have as much time to work on interesting features right now. You'll see them seeping in when I do. Main reason this update is being released now is the potential server crash fix.

- Fixed carry weapon trying to pick up motion disabled props and screwing everything up.

- Made damage during the preparation phase that was not caused by players have effect, ie. jumping off a building will kill you now whenever you do it.

- Spectators should be able to hear living players. In fact I made sure that the only voicechat that should get blocked is that from spectators to non-spectators during an active round. Can't test by myself though.

- Longer wait when a round ends and a mapswitch will happen, more time to check scores.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v140909
Notary
Poster

« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2009, 07:24:28 PM »

I tryed to test the map in TTT locally but there was a little problem. I downloaded and installed it, run it (tryed in both multiplayer and singleplayer) and it loaded, but it didn't replace any hl2 stuff. Scoredboard and other stuff was there but weapons remained hl2lish. Probably because I compiled it in gmod, not hl2dm, no idea. Is this alright? If it's not I'll just abandon gmod and stick to zm. If anyone will play my map report me whether everything was alright with weapons (if it's not there should be grenades and other ammo instead of weapons)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 07:26:06 PM by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2009, 08:10:41 PM »

Updated.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length