Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:52:24 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700239 times)
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #2900 on: June 12, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »

The UMP is really overpowered. Detectives no longer even bother trying with the other detective tools, and while they were always a major target, they are now killed specifically so a traitor can get the UMP. One on one it might as well be a god mode gun. It's basically a long range knife right now.

My personal suggestion is that it do little to no damage at all, this will make the gun incapacitating but in order for it to be of use to a detective he'll need a trustworthy partner with him to do the actual killing.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #2901 on: June 12, 2010, 07:55:27 PM »

I personally don't think the DNA scanner and the gun should both take up slot 7. Even if it gets its damaged lowered from little to none, I think players would probably still buy the gun over a DNA scanner. I know it may not be best to cater to those who can't buy the right thing, but too many like the concept of having a weapon to defend themselves, over having a DNA scanner.

Also apparently there is a spelling error in the detective menu, on the new gun. Someone said "Ammo" was spelled with 3 M's. Never checked myself though.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2902 on: June 12, 2010, 08:12:09 PM »

The UMP is really overpowered. Detectives no longer even bother trying with the other detective tools, and while they were always a major target, they are now killed specifically so a traitor can get the UMP. One on one it might as well be a god mode gun. It's basically a long range knife right now.

My personal suggestion is that it do little to no damage at all, this will make the gun incapacitating but in order for it to be of use to a detective he'll need a trustworthy partner with him to do the actual killing.

Thanks. I really need this kind of feedback because I have little time to play games at all, let alone sufficiently to get an impression of balance.

I personally don't think the DNA scanner and the gun should both take up slot 7. Even if it gets its damaged lowered from little to none, I think players would probably still buy the gun over a DNA scanner. I know it may not be best to cater to those who can't buy the right thing, but too many like the concept of having a weapon to defend themselves, over having a DNA scanner.

Also apparently there is a spelling error in the detective menu, on the new gun. Someone said "Ammo" was spelled with 3 M's. Never checked myself though.

The plan is to make the DNA scanner default equipment after some changes that make it easier to use, while moving some of the advanced/complex functionality into a separate buyable "add on" weapon. However, those ease-of-use changes require some time-intensive interface experimentation so I can't get to that yet.

I'll think about just making it default as is, and leave the changes for when I have time.

Fixed the typo.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2903 on: June 14, 2010, 11:26:50 PM »

I've always thought that the health station shouldn't take up an extra slot either. I haven't really thought of a good system for deploying it without using a slot, but it's pretty risky to have to drop your detective weapon, buy the station, deploy it, then re-equip your weapon.
Maybe if there was an option to have it deploy right when you bought it. You could still use it normally, but now it would also be able to be used as an "add-on" weapon.
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #2904 on: June 17, 2010, 10:51:31 PM »

These are small things I noticed.  Keep up the good work.  :D

-Even with FF turned off when the round ends the Flaregun still does dmg.  

-Randomly the marker has still been coming up for Unidentified Bodies, but there is not a body there.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2905 on: June 18, 2010, 07:50:51 AM »

-Randomly the marker has still been coming up for Unidentified Bodies, but there is not a body there.

I'm not sure what you mean. Does it say "Unidentified body" when there's nothing there?
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #2906 on: June 18, 2010, 07:04:51 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean. Does it say "Unidentified body" when there's nothing there?

Yes.  Sorry about being so vague I thought it was an older glitch that you patched.  Sometimes out of the blue everywhere I look on the ground "unidentified body" comes up on my cross-hair, and nothing is there.  Also, I've noticed if this happens during preparation it stops at the start of the round.  During the round if it happens it won't stop until I die.  I'm not sure what triggers this.  
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #2907 on: June 20, 2010, 12:52:25 PM »

Would a "buy back" system be possible? This is where a detective or traitor can sell a piece of equipment they have for a credit. For example:

I see an easy target with his back turned, on a ledge over a pit of death. I am the Traitor, and go to buy a knife. Accidentally, I buy a C4, and I can't exactly kill him silently with that. So I go back into my Traitor menu, and sell it(possibly through a "sell" tab) and get one credit, enabling me to buy a knife, and the C4 option is back too(possibly).

Or perhaps, if I was detective, and someone discarded an empty flare gun, I could pick up the flare gun, and sell it for one credit, allowing me to buy that Health Station I needed.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Therio
Poster

« Reply #2908 on: June 20, 2010, 04:21:39 PM »

link=topic=9124.msg383609#msg383609 date=1277038345]
Or perhaps, if I was detective, and someone discarded an empty flare gun, I could pick up the flare gun, and sell it for one credit, allowing me to buy that Health Station I needed.

Traitors wouldn't discard it if they could sell it for one credit, either. Sounds like a bad idea to be able to sell back empty silenced pistols/flare guns/poltergeists/everything.
Marauder8
Build Tester

« Reply #2909 on: June 20, 2010, 04:22:35 PM »

Traitors wouldn't discard it if they could sell it for one credit, either. Sounds like a bad idea to be able to sell back empty silenced pistols/flare guns/poltergeists/everything.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that.

C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2910 on: June 21, 2010, 06:59:19 AM »

Yes.  Sorry about being so vague I thought it was an older glitch that you patched.  Sometimes out of the blue everywhere I look on the ground "unidentified body" comes up on my cross-hair, and nothing is there.  Also, I've noticed if this happens during preparation it stops at the start of the round.  During the round if it happens it won't stop until I die.  I'm not sure what triggers this. 

Ran into it today, here's a screenshot.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3251338/TTT/other/ttt_amsterville_rc20000.jpg

www.dnr-gaming.com
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #2911 on: June 21, 2010, 11:39:55 AM »

I've noticed an odd bug where I will be looking at the ground in a certain direction and see either Unidentified body or an actual body name. I can not recall fully if it was pre-round or during the game, but it has become increasingly common.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2912 on: June 21, 2010, 12:46:04 PM »

Just to check, this is not on servers with "fake body" affairs, is it?

Has this happened in the first round after a map loads?

When exactly does it show? Zoobird says everywhere on the ground (literally everywhere or just in a lot of places?) whereas Jossi seems to be talking about a specific spot/angle.
JossiRossi
Build Tester

« Reply #2913 on: June 21, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »

I'll do some testing to see if I can replicate it. There's a chance I was pre round looking at a location that had a body there previously but was removed on cleanup. I need to confirm that though.

However, what I did experience for sure was I looked at a downward angle and a name popped up as if  I were looking at a corpse. If I moved around or changed what I looked at it would go away, and if I returned to looking where I first saw it, it would still be there.

Marauder8
Build Tester

« Reply #2914 on: June 21, 2010, 03:10:25 PM »

This happened to me once too, except it was the name of someone I killed, which was weird as I had burned the body, so it shouldn't have even been identified. Needless to say I freaked out that other people might have noticed. It was whenever I looked at a certain spot on the ground, from all angles.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2915 on: June 21, 2010, 04:48:56 PM »

One of the possibilities that has crossed my mind is that it might be related to burnt bodies, in fact.

I'll see if I can do some testing with that, but it may be too rare to reproduce. If that's the case, I'll add a temporary command to the next version that prints some debug information you guys can send me when it happens.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #2916 on: June 21, 2010, 04:58:57 PM »

I know one thing that can cause this. If you are a spectator near a dead body, leftclick (or whatever it is to take over a person), then enter firstperson of them; if they look where that body was back where you entered spectator, it will show up as if you were looking at the body. Even though it isn't technically there on your screen. I assume this is because it isn't actually moving your spectator, just your view. I know this is also reproducible through my spray tracer plugin, if you are near someones spray, then leftclick to take over someone random after being free-roam, it still shows the sprays name far away as if you were still next to it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:00:07 PM by Alters »
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2917 on: June 21, 2010, 06:04:26 PM »

That seems like a separate thing specific to spectators.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2918 on: June 21, 2010, 07:30:41 PM »

link=topic=9124.msg383880#msg383880 date=1277133025]
This happened to me once too, except it was the name of someone I killed, which was weird as I had burned the body, so it shouldn't have even been identified. Needless to say I freaked out that other people might have noticed. It was whenever I looked at a certain spot on the ground, from all angles.
The Tell-Tale Heart, anyone?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
zoobird
Poster

« Reply #2919 on: June 21, 2010, 07:32:55 PM »

Just to check, this is not on servers with "fake body" affairs, is it?

Has this happened in the first round after a map loads?

When exactly does it show? Zoobird says everywhere on the ground (literally everywhere or just in a lot of places?) whereas Jossi seems to be talking about a specific spot/angle.

I have never got this when a map first loads, but after the first round.  I'll get it where it says Unidentified Body sometimes in a lot of places, or just one spot in particular.  I tried to record a demo, and come to find that this clears out the Unidentified body problem.  I'm thinking it might be a Gmod/Source issue since you record demos whenever players, or props appear invisible.
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length