Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:13:49 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699166 times)
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #2920 on: June 21, 2010, 09:12:55 PM »

I'm occasionally having an issue that whenever I try and pick up weapons that are either on the ground or on props, I can't do it. Even if I use a magneto stick to move them about, it's almost as if I have a weapon in that slot.

http://www.youtube.com/user/TyrantGrandburnin
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #2921 on: June 23, 2010, 09:43:56 PM »

The latest CSS update has broken mounting of CSS in GMOD. Due to that you'll  see errors in-game and could pose a problem for servers who run the latest CSS on their gmod installation.
Simple client side solution would be to drag and drop the CSS models,materials,sounds and maps in your garrysmod/garrysmod/ folder or wait for Garry to release an update.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2922 on: June 24, 2010, 02:17:39 AM »

Regarding the unidentified body issue, I do remember there being a burnt body at the spot in my screenshot on a previous round.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #2923 on: June 24, 2010, 09:37:53 PM »

So I composed these sound clips for TTT admins to use on servers http://www.zombiemaster.org/smf/index.php?topic=9857.0.
However Ned informed me that it would be easier for it to be coded into the game than for an admin to set the sounds to play whenever an event happens.
So would it be possible to either add these music clips to the game or to add a bleed sounds that can be replaced by admins, also with a setting of off in the console for admins that don't want it.
Thanks in advance for any type of reply.

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2924 on: June 25, 2010, 07:41:23 AM »

Servers can use hooks to play the start and end of round sounds. This means they would not have to touch the main TTT code, but can just have a separate little autorun script that uses the hooks. The readme has some further info on this (search on "hook").

There is no hook yet for a body being found. I can add that if an admin requests it.
Tyrant T100
Poster

The State sees all!

« Reply #2925 on: June 25, 2010, 09:07:58 AM »

Ah ok thanks for the info.

NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #2926 on: June 26, 2010, 02:47:34 AM »

I'm having a slight problem with the Rounds left and time left in the scoreboard.

I have my server set for 10 rounds and a maximum of 60 minutes (regular players asked for those settings).
However the rounds left and time left on scoreboard does not always count down from 10 rounds and 60 minutes.

It can display a countdown from 6 rounds and 75 minutes, usually if you join after gamemode has started.
So it can end up saying that gamemode will change in 0 rounds for quite a few rounds.
And if you join just after the 1st round has started the time will be counting down from 1 hour 15 minutes, even though it will start a gamemode vote after 1 hour and the round ends.

Although the time limit never gets reached now, since I enabled haste mode (got fed up with players playing 10 minute camping games on some maps)

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2927 on: June 26, 2010, 08:12:07 AM »

I'm having a slight problem with the Rounds left and time left in the scoreboard.

Yeah, this is caused by a gmod issue (convar replication doesn't work). I'll implement a workaround for next version.
NaRyan
Poster

Less QQ more Pew Pew

« Reply #2928 on: June 26, 2010, 09:47:31 PM »

Ah cool, thanks for the info :)
I'll let the players know about that when they moan, so I might get nagged at less.... /wishfullthinking

Gimme a joint and 3 hours and I can come up with a logical system for karma :D
Generalflood
Poster

« Reply #2929 on: June 28, 2010, 10:02:09 PM »

The whole spectator prop possession thing is kind of stupid, its just another way for people to greif against anyone who is still alive.  On multiple occasions my health has been taken away by barrels and chairs for no reason.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #2930 on: June 28, 2010, 10:06:00 PM »

That's not griefing. That's the wrath of a vengeful spirit.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2931 on: June 28, 2010, 10:11:10 PM »

Servers can turn prop possession off if they want to.

For the record, a broken gmod update was released that will apparently soon be fixed. Updates always seem to happen while I'm asleep, so looking forward to all the "omg ttt broked" posts I can enjoy tomorrow morning.
shutup9100
Build Tester

In the name of The Empreror I would tap dat ass

« Reply #2932 on: June 28, 2010, 10:44:03 PM »

That's not griefing. That's the wrath of a vengeful spirit.

It's also useful for revenge against the Canadian Recycling Bin.

Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2933 on: June 29, 2010, 12:13:33 AM »

Question: Is there a console command to close the splash screen thing? Because every so often it qets stuck open for me and i cant do anything.

Also ive noticed that the invisible bodies that come up with a players name or unidentified are always in a spot where someone was killed the previous round.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #2934 on: June 29, 2010, 03:07:02 AM »

It's also useful for revenge against the Canadian Recycling Bin.
For the record I've never been prop killed.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #2935 on: June 29, 2010, 03:49:04 AM »

For the record I've never been prop killed.
*takes note* I'll keep this in mind when we play together.

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2936 on: June 29, 2010, 06:34:15 AM »

Question: Is there a console command to close the splash screen thing? Because every so often it qets stuck open for me and i cant do anything.

Also ive noticed that the invisible bodies that come up with a players name or unidentified are always in a spot where someone was killed the previous round.

The command is: seensplash

It's actually the command that is run if you click as well, so it should definitely work. Do keep in mind that the splash screen is all handled by Fretta so the command might change when garry feels like it.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2937 on: June 29, 2010, 09:46:28 AM »

I had a poke around and surprisingly everything still seems to be working after the gmod update. I noticed a console warning about "rendering in the wrong place", but helpfully it did not show a file and line number, and I could not reproduce it. If you happen to see this warning in the console after you just did a certain thing, let me know. I know what kind of thing causes it, but it's hard to find without any sort of lead as to where the problem is.
Meta-Stick
Poster

it contains, a daisy box

« Reply #2938 on: June 29, 2010, 04:15:35 PM »

That one line of error thing reminds me... Was the DNA scanner ever fixed? I went MIA for two weeks straight, so I missed a lot. I know sometimes it just refused to work, like it broke permanently(menu wouldn't open), and if you handed it to someone else they couldn't use it either. It just produced a single line of error. I could get the the line for you, unless it's already fixed, or this was intentional, like a percentile chance to break.

One other thing, someone told me the DNA scanner is only 95% accurate on purpose, or at least the old one anyways, and it could produce faulty results. Is that a ttt myth?

Just grab some bottles and stick them in girls...
Nasu
Poster

« Reply #2939 on: June 29, 2010, 04:51:49 PM »

Invalid Steam key size.

That error come in one of the servers I play on after the gmod update. Any info on this? It kicks everyone who tries to go in the server out.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length