Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:21:45 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699582 times)
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #2840 on: May 27, 2010, 11:07:38 PM »

Then get back to work. There are more gaming contests to win!

You kidding? We won't see him again after Friday, he'll be out buying some cigars and enjoying the good life.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2841 on: May 27, 2010, 11:45:15 PM »

That's so awesome BKU. I'm kind of shocked. You totally earned it!
And to think it all started from a bunch of guys fucking around in Zombie Master.

www.dnr-gaming.com
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #2842 on: May 28, 2010, 12:15:03 AM »

Ah, I remember those good 'ol days.

But really, way to go kgb.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #2843 on: May 28, 2010, 01:32:38 AM »

Congratulations, BKU! Great job, you really deserve it.

On  top of winning congrats on beating that smug zinger gamemode!

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
Dinner
Poster

The Harlem Globetrotters: Fashion World Tour

« Reply #2844 on: May 28, 2010, 01:36:27 AM »

Ah, I remember those good 'ol days.

But really, way to go kgb.

Bah, the good old days were on friendly fire crocodile.

tehshadow
Build Tester

Detective Slowpoke- The Fanciest Detective

« Reply #2845 on: May 28, 2010, 01:44:53 AM »

Bah, the good old days were on friendly fire crocodile.

That means that something good came out of a cat map.
Also, yes that was fun.

I am not painting myself blue and making a forehead vagina out of paper mache. >:/
pedrus
Poster

« Reply #2846 on: May 28, 2010, 09:58:52 AM »

Congratulations!
Joest
Build Tester

ZM's Resident Furfag

« Reply #2847 on: May 29, 2010, 03:09:34 AM »

I just found out now. Congrats, tGB.

I love cats. My cat ambushed me when I got out of the shower and attacked my dick.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2848 on: May 29, 2010, 07:03:04 AM »

Not to rain on a parade, but everytime I try to place a player spawn with the Weapon Placer STOOL Gmod crashes. Any ideas?

Edit: Yes, I'm using the one in the latest release.

www.dnr-gaming.com
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #2849 on: May 29, 2010, 07:46:32 AM »

And congrats to you BKU, I figured you would be at least 2nd, glad too see you got first in my absence!

I'm proud that some of my ideas went into this gamemode!

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
StormX
Poster

« Reply #2850 on: May 30, 2010, 02:00:58 PM »

Congrats on 5k!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2851 on: May 30, 2010, 04:07:14 PM »

I'm considering further simplification for the DNA scanner. Right now you still have to screw around with a menu, which leaves you open to attack and generally makes players not bother.

To rectify this, the scanner would only store one sample. Every time you collect a new one it replaces whatever you had. Right clicking performs a scan (probably auto-repeating until you right click again). Recharge bar is shown on the HUD.

Question is, do people actually use the ability to store and use multiple samples? My (strong) expectation is no, hence the above, but I'm asking to make sure.

Not to rain on a parade, but everytime I try to place a player spawn with the Weapon Placer STOOL Gmod crashes. Any ideas?

Just checked, and it's still working for me.

Maybe you could try spawning the player.mdl model (you know, the green guy) with the normal sandbox spawning tools, just to check whether it's related to the model?
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2852 on: May 30, 2010, 04:13:25 PM »

How come at the beginning of every round the timer will stay at "Overtime" for about 30 seconds?
It does it even after the teams are picked.
Therio
Poster

« Reply #2853 on: May 30, 2010, 05:00:04 PM »

Question is, do people actually use the ability to store and use multiple samples?

Weapons with multiple samples on them.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2854 on: May 30, 2010, 06:06:40 PM »

How come at the beginning of every round the timer will stay at "Overtime" for about 30 seconds?
It does it even after the teams are picked.

Have not seen this occur, nor does the code seem to have any obvious bugs in this area.

Weapons with multiple samples on them.

Good call, would have to be limited to only the latest one getting retrieved.

Still though, what I want to know is how often that (or other situations where multiple samples are needed) really comes up in practice.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #2855 on: May 30, 2010, 07:32:52 PM »

I had this happen before but I noticed it only crashed gmod when I put the spawn in this one specific area in the map so I just didn't put it there. Maybe see if it crashes in one area for you too.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2856 on: May 30, 2010, 08:34:07 PM »

On the Titanic map, someone spawned with a stunstick.
It was a completely fully-functional stunstick, and it did 50 damage each hit, and was in a separate slot than the magneto stick.
When the player died, people could even pick up his stunstick.

I don't know what would have caused this, and he said there were no errors, but this was a problem, seeing as it was MUCH more powerful than any other weapons... It was weird.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2857 on: May 30, 2010, 08:50:05 PM »

On the Titanic map, someone spawned with a stunstick.
It was a completely fully-functional stunstick, and it did 50 damage each hit, and was in a separate slot than the magneto stick.
When the player died, people could even pick up his stunstick.

I don't know what would have caused this, and he said there were no errors, but this was a problem, seeing as it was MUCH more powerful than any other weapons... It was weird.

It's impossible to get a weapon not specifically set up for TTT unless gmod fails to run a certain hook upon the player getting a weapon. Seeing as this is an incredibly rare bug, I'd put it down to a random glitch.
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #2858 on: May 30, 2010, 09:56:08 PM »

In regards to the DNA Scanner, I really like how it works right now, but I have to agree with how open and vulnerable it leaves you while you're using it.
Perhaps an easier way would be to have the menu close when a key such as WASD is pressed, or you click outside of the menu? Just a thought, having to click "Close" in the menu is what bothers me the most.

I had this happen before but I noticed it only crashed gmod when I put the spawn in this one specific area in the map so I just didn't put it there. Maybe see if it crashes in one area for you too.

Just tried this, it seems to happen whenever I spawn it inside of a building, that's really weird.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 09:58:30 PM by C.Mong »

www.dnr-gaming.com
Blan21
Poster

Tasteless wolf

« Reply #2859 on: May 31, 2010, 12:23:33 AM »

In regards to the DNA Scanner, I really like how it works right now, but I have to agree with how open and vulnerable it leaves you while you're using it.
Perhaps an easier way would be to have the menu close when a key such as WASD is pressed, or you click outside of the menu? Just a thought, having to click "Close" in the menu is what bothers me the most.

Just tried this, it seems to happen whenever I spawn it inside of a building, that's really weird.

Well im pretty sure that's one of the main drawbacks of the dna scanner, being so vaunerable. But having it close with WASD would be nice.

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length