Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:20:01 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699482 times)
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #2880 on: June 08, 2010, 08:11:56 PM »

Is traitor choosing random? Or are there factors that determine it in any way? I'm asking because one game I got traitor 4 times in a row, then detective, then traitor again.
Pancake
Poster

« Reply #2881 on: June 08, 2010, 09:07:26 PM »

How do I make it so that people can kill each other after the round ends?

Also, how do I get mapcycle.txt to work? I made sure that the map names were in each separate line, the text file is in the Garry's Mod directory, I also made sure "ttt_always_use_mapcycle 1" and "fretta_voting 0" was used. Whenever there's supposed to be a map change, it just doesn't switch and repeats the map.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2882 on: June 08, 2010, 09:48:26 PM »

Is traitor choosing random? Or are there factors that determine it in any way? I'm asking because one game I got traitor 4 times in a row, then detective, then traitor again.

Firstly, a fully random selection would be guaranteed to generate such a sequence. Randomness doesn't really mean what people expect it to.

Secondly, it's not fully random. If you were traitor last round, you are a bit less likely to be selected again. You got pretty lucky with that series.

How do I make it so that people can kill each other after the round ends?

Also, how do I get mapcycle.txt to work? I made sure that the map names were in each separate line, the text file is in the Garry's Mod directory, I also made sure "ttt_always_use_mapcycle 1" and "fretta_voting 0" was used. Whenever there's supposed to be a map change, it just doesn't switch and repeats the map.

ttt_postround_dm 1

When a round ends and it is meant to do a mapchance, do players get a "round/time limit reached, <mapname> loading soon" message? If yes, is the mapname of the current map or a different one?

("Always use mapcycle" only has effect if fretta_voting is on, by the way)
Pancake
Poster

« Reply #2883 on: June 08, 2010, 10:24:54 PM »

ttt_postround_dm 1

Many thanks!

When a round ends and it is meant to do a mapchance, do players get a "round/time limit reached, <mapname> loading soon" message? If yes, is the mapname of the current map or a different one?

Edit: Nevermind, it just started working for some weird reason.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 01:33:30 AM by Pancake »
Darkebrz
Poster

« Reply #2884 on: June 09, 2010, 12:25:41 AM »

Firstly, a fully random selection would be guaranteed to generate such a sequence. Randomness doesn't really mean what people expect it to.

Secondly, it's not fully random. If you were traitor last round, you are a bit less likely to be selected again. You got pretty lucky with that series.
ttt_postround_dm 1

Yeah I know what real randomness is ;). Thanks, I was just wondering.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #2885 on: June 09, 2010, 08:01:52 PM »

Would nightvision be possible as a Traitor or Detective equipment?

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2886 on: June 09, 2010, 08:13:47 PM »

Seems extremely situational, meaning it just never gets bought in practice and isn't worth the effort.

There's a new weapon for both Traitors and Detectives in next release.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2887 on: June 09, 2010, 08:41:08 PM »

So what about a way to see a detailed log after the round ends?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2888 on: June 09, 2010, 09:15:44 PM »

Admin logs or other detailed logs are not going to become available to players. I would encourage everyone who would want such information to stop being whiny and just play the next round seriously it's a videogame.
JoTheShmo
Poster

« Reply #2889 on: June 09, 2010, 10:20:15 PM »

Alright alright, I just thought it would be useful  :S
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #2890 on: June 10, 2010, 12:49:47 AM »

There's a new weapon for both Traitors and Detectives in next release.

Suspense!

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #2891 on: June 10, 2010, 01:01:40 PM »

Great update, love the changes to ragdolls and the two new items.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #2892 on: June 10, 2010, 03:40:13 PM »

I have a couple of questions about the new weapons:

[li]What's the range of the new Traitor weapon?
    [/li]
    [li]And does the UMP do any damage, or just shock?[/li]
    [li]What ammo does the UMP use?[/li]

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2893 on: June 10, 2010, 06:06:21 PM »

link=topic=9124.msg381290#msg381290 date=1276184413]
I have a couple of questions about the new weapons:

[li]What's the range of the new Traitor weapon?
    [/li]
    [li]And does the UMP do any damage, or just shock?[/li]
    [li]What ammo does the UMP use?[/li]

1) It fires a spread of energy pulses, shotgun-style. Every pulse that hits someone will push that person a bit. So if you're nearby all of them hit and he'll go flying a serious distance. At a longer range it becomes harder to make all of them hit, you become more dependent on luck. The cone is fairly tight so the effective range is further than the shotgun, but not sniper distance. I think managing the risk of missing versus getting a safe kill will be key to using it effectively.

2) The UMP does damage. It's in between the MAC10 and the M16 in damage, firing speed, and accuracy.

3) Uses MAC10 ammo.

Both are of course experimental and likely to get balance tweaks. The UMP especially could have its effect replaced with something else, or the current on strengthened while reducing its damage. It all depends on how it turns out. The idea is that the UMP gives Detectives the option for more teeth, with better chances of survival for himself and people around him in a firefight.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 06:08:20 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #2894 on: June 11, 2010, 01:17:47 AM »

What weapon model is the new traitor item?

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2895 on: June 11, 2010, 02:43:07 AM »

Found some kind of bug.
Whenever a body clips inside(im assuming thats what it is) a prop, you cant search it, see the name, or mag stick it. I can do it on purpose by flinging it around with a prop and getting lucky. The first time i noticed it is when i tried to put a body in a car and it just dropped.
The body can still be moved with a prop so its still a ragdoll.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2896 on: June 11, 2010, 07:39:20 AM »

What weapon model is the new traitor item?

RPG

Found some kind of bug.
Whenever a body clips inside(im assuming thats what it is) a prop, you cant search it, see the name, or mag stick it. I can do it on purpose by flinging it around with a prop and getting lucky. The first time i noticed it is when i tried to put a body in a car and it just dropped.
The body can still be moved with a prop so its still a ragdoll.

I saw this once in testing but couldn't reproduce it. I'll try your method.

I should mention again that the server can set "ttt_ragdoll_collide 1" to go back to the old situation if bugs like this become a significant problem.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #2897 on: June 12, 2010, 01:43:43 AM »

I just did it to 3 bodies by hitting and pushing them around with the bike. So try that it seems to be easy.
You may also be able to throw a health station at a body to have it work. Did it once.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2898 on: June 12, 2010, 11:07:55 AM »

Indeed, bike seemed to work pretty well. I think I have a possible fix (but no time to implement it yet).
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #2899 on: June 12, 2010, 07:35:04 PM »

Ragdoll bug fixed.

It's a significant bug, so probably a new release tomorrow.

Any other bugs, or balance impressions about the new weapons?
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length