Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:00:16 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700840 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1720 on: December 05, 2009, 05:23:52 PM »

When that happens, do they stay green for the duration of that bit of voicechat, or does it change colour?

If this is what I think it is, it has been around for a while, and they would stay green. I've just made a change that would make it change the colour as soon as your client receives word that the player is traitor-chatting, rather than only setting the colour when you begin receiving their voice (at which point your client may not know it's traitor chat, even though the server is sending it only to traitors... such are the joys of networking).
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1721 on: December 05, 2009, 06:50:21 PM »

It is indeed only being send to traitors. And it does stay for the duration of the chat.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #1722 on: December 05, 2009, 08:02:02 PM »

I kind of had an idea for the use of the HL2 Crossbow.  What if it shoots an arrow that latches on to a body and brings it to you? This could help for people that jump off of cliffs or are outside the map.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #1723 on: December 05, 2009, 08:11:24 PM »

I kind of had an idea for the use of the HL2 Crossbow.  What if it shoots an arrow that latches on to a body and brings it to you? This could help for people that jump off of cliffs or are outside the map.

If it does that, then perhaps it would need to ragdoll then. This looks like it could tie in(lol pun) with my rope idea.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1724 on: December 06, 2009, 04:10:43 AM »

Before the traitor chat icon would be green occasionally. Now its almost constant. Ive seen it red once and ive played a fair amount after the update.

Also the voice chat thingys are too high and cover the names of who your spectating.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1725 on: December 06, 2009, 05:02:42 PM »

Bring back the mumble.

Add it into the last words replacing the odd one. EG the killer is mauzbekistan.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1726 on: December 06, 2009, 05:40:25 PM »

So what you're trying to say is, if someone is typing and is killed, a random mumble is added to the end of the (LAST WORDS) output?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #1727 on: December 06, 2009, 10:12:08 PM »

I really dislike the new voice chat placement, I'm always used to it being in the bottom right that I always check down there to see who's talking and not up there so I have no clue who was yelling what

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1728 on: December 06, 2009, 10:14:21 PM »

I really dislike the new voice chat placement, I'm always used to it being in the bottom right that I always check down there to see who's talking and not up there so I have no clue who was yelling what

So you dislike it simply because it is diffrent and your not used to it yet?

I would suggest getting used to it before saying which one is better or worse.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1729 on: December 06, 2009, 11:06:09 PM »

So you dislike it simply because it is diffrent and your not used to it yet?

I would suggest getting used to it before saying which one is better or worse.

I believe its a proven fact that when people are paying attention to something on screen, they focus more on the bottom part of the screen. On top of that if they're right handed (Which many people are) they will focus more on the bottom right. Although im not entirely sure where i remember hearing this from.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1730 on: December 06, 2009, 11:09:39 PM »

If the weapons list and voice boxes really are overlapping, I think the weapons list should be first to move. Voice icons are there for practically every game, whereas the weapons list is usually at the top anyway.

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1731 on: December 06, 2009, 11:23:37 PM »

So what you're trying to say is, if someone is typing and is killed, a random mumble is added to the end of the (LAST WORDS) output?

Random places, but yeah basicly.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #1732 on: December 07, 2009, 01:04:34 AM »

I never pay attention to my top left in almost any game

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #1733 on: December 07, 2009, 01:13:57 AM »

I never pay attention to my top left in almost any game

Added to this, voice is now covering the names of people you're speccing on the HUD. ;P
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1734 on: December 07, 2009, 01:14:21 AM »

I believe its a proven fact that when people are paying attention to something on screen, they focus more on the bottom part of the screen. On top of that if they're right handed (Which many people are) they will focus more on the bottom right. Although im not entirely sure where i remember hearing this from.

Uhhh no? Source?

Its a proven fact that when you look at something you focus on the middle first unless something catches your eye to draw you away from the center.

Yes I know that this is something anyone would learn in a first grade art class, but the same principle applies.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
AndyTheGeeky
Build Tester

Wannabe Zoidberg

« Reply #1735 on: December 07, 2009, 01:47:44 AM »

Yes, you look at something in the middle until you recognize the object and adjust to focus on the traditional information areas - the bottom-left, health, and the bottom-right, ammo.  And in every Source game at least, death notices are in the top right.  Add to the fact that for the most part only server announcements are shown in the top-left, and you've got a pretty unimportant area of your screen.

Signature Pending...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1736 on: December 07, 2009, 02:02:16 AM »

Its a proven fact that when you look at something you focus on the middle first unless something catches your eye to draw you away from the center.
Uhhh no? Source?

scaz.zaf
Poster

« Reply #1737 on: December 07, 2009, 02:14:24 AM »

Added to this, voice is now covering the names of people you're speccing on the HUD. ;P
Better that than covering my ammo count and what im holding.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1738 on: December 07, 2009, 02:53:22 AM »

Well im just going to tell you now, that moving the voice chat to the top left corner was a bad move. Although, I guess you could just say its an opinion.
Wat?
Poster

« Reply #1739 on: December 07, 2009, 03:17:34 AM »

I think The voice chat should had been just lifted up a little bit, just enough to move it away from the weapon menu.
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 86 [87] 88 89 90 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length