Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:20:33 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699512 times)
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #1740 on: December 07, 2009, 07:16:48 AM »

I was actually just going to suggest this, like maybe just above the weapon selection when the max amount of weapons are being held, even if you have less than that.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1741 on: December 07, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »

Moving the weapon selection is out of the question. It is in exactly the right place, where it makes complete sense. Much more so than the arbitrary voice indicator placement.

Moving it above the weapon selection would still be a slightly different place than where Valve puts it, so everyone would still have a good whine. In addition, when a bunch of people would talk it would still overlap the weapon selection or the messages in the top right. The entire right side of the screen is just overcrowded with voice indicators there.

You really don't need to tell me anything about HCI matters. Besides, such research is hard to generalize to a game context, because games do not involve the presentation of individual pages or images.

So far no one has presented a tangible argument for placing the indicators in the bottom right over the top left other than "I'm used to it". Although I recognize the value of convention in user interface design, I will only follow it where it makes sense to do so.

I will add a convar that lets you move it to the bottom right again, where it will feel warm and comfortable. Until then, see if you can get used to it. Of course, the overlapping of the nickname of who you are spectating will also be fixed.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 07:36:37 AM by Bad King Urgrain »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1742 on: December 07, 2009, 01:01:44 PM »

So far no one has presented a tangible argument for placing the indicators in the bottom right over the top left
Here's one: Nobody seems to like it. Not even all the logic and reasoning in the world will sway unhappy players.

Note: I haven't seen it, but this is just the impression I'm getting. I've heard nothing except "I hate it" and "I don't like it either but we have to try".

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1743 on: December 07, 2009, 01:15:44 PM »

I didn't like it when it overlapped the weapon selection, and I'm more important because I'm pressing the buttons. The end.

You'll be getting your convar to revert it, and you'll get a settings menu for easy access to that convar eventually. Now stop being a big baby before I stop making your free videogame.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 01:20:31 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1744 on: December 07, 2009, 04:56:32 PM »

I don't think I've ever said this but I like the way you work BKU, and that's not sarcasm.

[Edit]
I'm glad to see a traitor icon is in. The circle is usually enough but as you mentioned when there's glass in the way I've killed fellow traitors by accident.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 05:38:25 PM by JossiRossi »

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #1745 on: December 07, 2009, 08:49:35 PM »

Thanks for the ability to put it back in the bottom right, so much better in my opinion

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1746 on: December 08, 2009, 01:02:32 AM »

I didn't like it when it overlapped the weapon selection, and I'm more important because I'm pressing the buttons. The end.

I never found that a problem since I guess I do weapon switching without even thinking about it anymore.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1747 on: December 08, 2009, 08:52:35 PM »

Hello, I am a desk.

When spectator prop prodding is enabled, spectators can +USE physics objects to "take them over". Their camera will chase the object, and the player's movement keys will give it physics nudges/punches. Every punch costs a punch-o-point. Punch points recharge with one point every 1-2 seconds, up to a limit of 8 plus a score-dependent bonus. That bonus is half your score, so it can be positive or negative, limited to the range -6 to +16. Advantage is that you can let your points charge up more and then get more successive nudges in, which helps because with Source physics momentum is everything. So it's just a little incentive to get a positive score.

Entities with a targetname set cannot be controlled, same for stuff like ragdolls, weapons, and items. Entities that are being controlled by a player show his nickname when you aim at them if you're a spectator.

It's toggled with a convar, currently defaulting to off. All those values I just mentioned can also be specified using convars.
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #1748 on: December 08, 2009, 08:54:29 PM »

I am excited.

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1749 on: December 08, 2009, 09:21:42 PM »

I am excited.

Same, this should make spectator a lot more interesting.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1750 on: December 08, 2009, 09:48:43 PM »

I'm concerned. It may cause the living to get spectators to tell them who the traitor is (i.e. bump the prop if he's a traitor) and on a full server, the prop seizures going on all around could be very immersion breaking.

FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1751 on: December 08, 2009, 10:06:32 PM »

Just forwarding a message:

11:02 PM - Fatal|Cryo|: Found a bug
11:02 PM - Fatal|Cryo|: traitor two times in a row, traitors from both rounds have Ts over their head
11:04 PM - NedStar|Cryo|: Even if they are innocent?
11:04 PM - Fatal|Cryo|: Yes I see two innocents with Ts

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1752 on: December 08, 2009, 10:49:41 PM »

From what I can tell that would take a pretty strange turn of events (like the client completely missing the start of the preparation phase) to ever happen, but I've added stuff that should prevent it from happening even in that case.

I'm concerned. It may cause the living to get spectators to tell them who the traitor is (i.e. bump the prop if he's a traitor) and on a full server, the prop seizures going on all around could be very immersion breaking.

If all spectators ever unite to spell out a traitor's name in gas cans and barrels, my life will essentially be complete.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 10:51:45 PM by Bad King Urgrain »
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #1753 on: December 08, 2009, 11:10:46 PM »

Plus, how can it be reliable? You know any bored spectator will bump the prop for shits and giggles.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1754 on: December 08, 2009, 11:15:17 PM »

Awesomeness.
So does that mean a player can pick you up and just toss you? And will players be able to tell which props the specs took over?
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1755 on: December 08, 2009, 11:18:25 PM »

Awesomeness.
So does that mean a player can pick you up and just toss you? And will players be able to tell which props the specs took over?

Good question for the first one, and as for the second, you will be the prop inching around the map.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #1756 on: December 08, 2009, 11:32:01 PM »

Barrel race anyone?

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1757 on: December 08, 2009, 11:51:05 PM »

a href="http://i45.tinypic.com/r72hht.jpg">Hello, I am a desk.

I like this but can you make it so only dead people who have been ID'd can take over a prop. This may not be fun for the person who has to wait for people to find his body or kill the traitor who burned his body but if the round starts and it shows everyone alive if they start possessing props I think that innocents will catch on that that many props possessed are how many people died.

I also thought it would be funny if the person who was dead and has his body ID'd will be able to possess his own corpse but only his. Theres been lots of moments where people have been tegbagged and it would be funny if the corpse could move away :D
But ragdolls do take a toll on servers so I doubt this will get added.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:56:58 PM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1758 on: December 09, 2009, 12:01:03 AM »

Suit yourselves, but I foresee problems.

eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1759 on: December 09, 2009, 12:22:46 AM »

Suit yourselves, but I foresee problems.

I foresee the end of barricading.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length