Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:48:42 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700007 times)
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1600 on: November 27, 2009, 09:54:32 PM »

- Added tagging in scoreboard. Click a player to cycle through the tags. Besides serving as reminder on the scoreboard, they will also show up on your target ID when aiming at the player. Other players do not see your tags.

It would be cool to tack on a lottery to see if people can guess who is a traitor, or guessing them all right. It wouldn't reward anything, just an announcement in chat at the end saying you got it right or wrong. Could be something to keep you occupied and give you achievements.
Firespray
Build Tester

:-(

« Reply #1601 on: November 27, 2009, 10:40:09 PM »

I had somewhat a similiar idea to tagging. If you havent seen someone in a while, and you not sure they are dead or alive. right click with the mouse on their name on the scoreboard and only for you it will show MIA.

Z3RO: Tanners sister isnt bad looking :v
Firespray: New sig
Z3RO: noooo

holocalls traumatize worbat
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1602 on: November 27, 2009, 10:59:53 PM »

Add the name of the person you are specting to be shown with the new first person spectating.

I'll see if it's easy to add. Don't intend to spend too much time on spectator infrastructure.

I had somewhat a similiar idea to tagging. If you havent seen someone in a while, and you not sure they are dead or alive. right click with the mouse on their name on the scoreboard and only for you it will show MIA.

I'll add a "missing" tag.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1603 on: November 28, 2009, 07:10:45 AM »

Just some notes:

[li]Those random explosions after the C4 goes off should to either do something or just go away, because despite my best efforts, it's still feels overlooked.[/li]
    [li]In a vain attempt to perhaps make the poltergeist less awful, perhaps make the object explode when it's done flying about or give it some kind of area of effect damage as it flies about.[/li]
    [li]I feel as if the "reflection" should say (even roughly) the time between last seen and death. Or better yet, have the time before disappear be affected by how long ago before death they saw that person (or if you're feeling crazy, be affected by how long their crosshair stayed on the person).[/li]
    [li]With all these new body searching features, you usually end up having to scroll to see all the tabs. I can't imagine cutting down tabs would be that hard, doing things such as combining method of death and murder weapon (i.e. "stab" and "knife"), or replacing the "traitor"/"innocent" tab by making the entire body search box red or green with a title somewhere.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 07:15:20 AM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1604 on: November 28, 2009, 09:04:48 AM »

1. What's wrong with those explosions? I find them useful to tell that it was C4. Granted, with all the through-walls-damage boosting they probably won't manage to kill anyone, but who cares. They're free.

2. It's not awful, just very specific in its use. As in, only useful in a single situation in a single spot on a certain map. Making the pushing blob thingy explode at the end is a good option.

3. This would make it extremely accurate in finding traitors.

4. I'm not so sure scrolling is a problem. When there's more information to find you spend longer in the search. You can always see the basic information (I/T) in a glimpse. I'll see about changing the ordering a bit so that less interesting stuff like time of death is at the far right.
Pyro93735
Poster

« Reply #1605 on: November 28, 2009, 09:15:57 AM »

Is the radius at which you can hear the C4 beeping equal to the radius at which it goes through walls? Had a case today where me and another guy were barricaded into a room and we both suddenly asploded. Apparently somebody had set C4 in the room below us, but at no point did I hear the usual tell-tale sign of beeping.

Service with a smile :D
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1606 on: November 28, 2009, 09:25:55 AM »

I had a small idea about recording when the C4 got planted and by who in the Events log at the end of the round. To see how effective the C4 was or how well people defused it. Not something big I just like reading the results at the end >_>

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1607 on: November 28, 2009, 09:41:29 AM »

4. I'm not so sure scrolling is a problem. When there's more information to find you spend longer in the search. You can always see the basic information (I/T) in a glimpse. I'll see about changing the ordering a bit so that less interesting stuff like time of death is at the far right.

I actually find time of death to be as important if not more important than the weapon used. I need to know ASAP if a killer just walked by me or if the corpse is minutes old. Cause if the kill was 10 seconds ago, he might be behind me.

Is the radius at which you can hear the C4 beeping equal to the radius at which it goes through walls? Had a case today where me and another guy were barricaded into a room and we both suddenly asploded. Apparently somebody had set C4 in the room below us, but at no point did I hear the usual tell-tale sign of beeping.

This is why you should not barricade =p

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Pyro93735
Poster

« Reply #1608 on: November 28, 2009, 09:44:11 AM »

This is why you should not barricade =p

Generally speaking I don't, but in a full 16 person server on District the weapons are a bit scarce. With only my pistol to my name I'd get slaughtered on the outside, so my game plan was wait for some bodies to hit the floor, then wander outside and scavenge a more potent weapon and join the thick of things.

Service with a smile :D
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1609 on: November 28, 2009, 10:06:30 AM »

The C4 beep is shorter in range than the explosion.

I had a small idea about recording when the C4 got planted and by who in the Events log at the end of the round. To see how effective the C4 was or how well people defused it. Not something big I just like reading the results at the end >_>

The problem is that you could spam event log entries by constantly arming/disarming. So it would have to be limited to only the planting that actually leads to an explosion. This may be possible but will be a bit harder, so I'll put it on the list for the future.

I actually find time of death to be as important if not more important than the weapon used. I need to know ASAP if a killer just walked by me or if the corpse is minutes old. Cause if the kill was 10 seconds ago, he might be behind me.

True. I think I can at least shove armour, radar, kill list and headshot icons to the end.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1610 on: November 28, 2009, 01:13:21 PM »

I noticed when dragging bodies that the physics sometimes spas out and the body is send flying across the map. Almost like a predator from AvP showed up and took the body to smash it in some wall.
Hilarious, yes but I can see this causing issues. I've noticed this particular occurrence about 2-3 times yesterday.

Also I'd agree with Ajunk on the poltergeist. It needs a buff, its next to near impossible to get kills with it. Specially since there's no real way to predict the way its going to fly. Its also utterly useless if used against barrels to launch them into players, which itself are a great killing weapon with a magneto stick throw.
I agree that an explosion would be nice or some speed buff to make it more lethal, rather then a small bump.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1611 on: November 28, 2009, 02:16:38 PM »

The poltergeist is not really meant for just killing people with random barrels, it's for breaking up barricades and surprising people with large flying objects (dumpsters, etc). I've added an explosion to it so it's more useful in other situations (TTT mappers are very stingy with large physics objects for some reason), but if you just want to kill someone as quickly as possible, guns are better.

I don't know if I can help the body dragging thing. One second you're dragging it over a perfectly flat portion of ground, then suddenly the physics engine decides the ragdoll wants to go the other way for a bit. Not the faintest idea why it does that, let alone what would prevent it. It already did it before the latest update (in fact in my testing it was a bit worse).

I've tried letting ragdolls be carried with the magneto, but that would allow for slinging them across the map.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1612 on: November 28, 2009, 03:29:21 PM »

Does the poltergeist disguise it self as the previous weapon you where using?  

Because. It's a big gun and at the moment. It's not worth the risk.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1613 on: November 28, 2009, 03:33:55 PM »

Is there any way to attach the ragdoll to a person with a rope? I remember ropes could be added to players, could you have some kind of breakable rope used to drag it?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1614 on: November 28, 2009, 04:09:02 PM »

I think adding a constraint to a player (ropes are purely graphical in Source, the real work is done by a physics constraint) will invite its own set of problems.

I have an idea for preventing ragdoll slinging, namely zeroing its velocity as soon as you drop it. It'd just fall to the floor no matter how hard you flail it. This would bring it pretty close to the "carry on shoulder" thing some games have (which is not feasible here due to animations), except using the magneto. If it works that is, haven't tested yet.

Because. It's a big gun and at the moment. It's not worth the risk.

I'm not desperate about getting people to use it or something.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1615 on: November 28, 2009, 04:25:08 PM »

(TTT mappers are very stingy with large physics objects for some reason).

This seems to be the biggest issue, there usually are few to none big props around.
Then again, I can't think of many useful large props besides cars that you would want to place in your map. Although for func_physbox there should be more then enough awesome stuff you can make for it.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1616 on: November 28, 2009, 04:36:05 PM »

Either A. the thing b2 is crashing servers. Or the latest update is. DNR and TDR just died and rounds end.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 04:45:42 PM by worbat »

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1617 on: November 28, 2009, 06:24:00 PM »

Its a known issue with b2. Supposed to be fixed in b3.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1618 on: November 28, 2009, 07:40:25 PM »

1. What's wrong with those explosions? I find them useful to tell that it was C4. Granted, with all the through-walls-damage boosting they probably won't manage to kill anyone, but who cares. They're free.
I'm fairly sure they do no damage at all, but I could be wrong. I just think I remember walking right up to them once and nothing, which felt weird.
2. It's not awful, just very specific in its use. As in, only useful in a single situation in a single spot on a certain map. Making the pushing blob thingy explode at the end is a good option.
It's use is just so specific that I feel adding more uses to it couldn't hurt. How cool would it be if shooting a player with this made them fire their gun?
3. This would make it extremely accurate in finding traitors.
Yeah, you're right. That is a little too much. However maybe the reflection shouldn't store if you saw the person over 20 seconds ago before dying.
Time is pretty important, like jossi mentioned. I actually think it should be visible straight-away because that's the one that decides if the person "covering" you will fill you with lead or not. While I'm talking, is it hard or impossible to make the time of death update (tick away) constantly as you search? Same thing for reflection fade time too.

EDIT:
Some other notes:

[li]Since the reflection things seems to be a go (and working quite well, I must say), I feel as if the identity hider equipment would be best implemented soon.[/li]
    [li]Ever get traitor have have all your terrible terrible team die literally minutes into the round, killing almost nobody? Regardless of your skill, it really makes the round impossible. I was thinking, what if traitors could pick up unused credits off their dead teammates bodies? It's not easy to do, since most people will catch on that people eager to see the traitor body are probably traitors, and the living traitor still has to be smart about using the credit.[/li]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:27:44 PM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1619 on: November 29, 2009, 10:07:07 AM »

The C4 fire bits do explode with damage, but it's the standard gmod explosion thing, not through-walls, so it's not very reliable.

I don't see the point of making the times tick down. It would be a hassle, and if I'm going to spend effort on improving the time display, it'd be better to use it to show the time on the icon.

I like the idea of picking up credits from other dead traitors a lot.

Opinions on what limit to put on the identity hider? I was thinking: infinite duration, but disappears as soon as you get shot. When that happens there's a delay before you can use it again, or perhaps it even breaks completely.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length