Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:18:26 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699383 times)
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #1160 on: October 27, 2009, 04:18:46 AM »

Any WASD movement should cancel the body inspection window.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1161 on: October 27, 2009, 04:31:50 AM »

I agree with that, if not taking damage ought to close it.

Also, I feel as if the manual identification is a major step backward. Many times have I been murdered after killing a traitor and inspecting the body but not clicking fast enough. Until something better is found, having both sides identfiy automatically would definately be better.

Finally, I think there's a bug with the C4. It's damage is currently pathetic. Firespray, standing about 500 units away in direct line of sight with the c4, lost only 55 health.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1162 on: October 27, 2009, 07:50:04 AM »

The Para needs a larger spread.

Are people actually being hugely successful with the gun or is this just your worbat-sense telling you this?

Is there a way to make the Identify body close faster? Half the time im inspecting a body in front of someone to confirm his death and i start getting shot at and spam the close button and by the time it closes im dead.

It closes instantly for me.

Any WASD movement should cancel the body inspection window.

This is possible, though it would be hardcoded on the WASD keys so if you remapped your movement you'd be screwed, but then who does that.

You can already press space or enter to close it right now.

Also, I feel as if the manual identification is a major step backward. Many times have I been murdered after killing a traitor and inspecting the body but not clicking fast enough. Until something better is found, having both sides identfiy automatically would definately be better.

Eh, there's a bit of getting used to it involved for everyone. But I'll turn it into a server cvar and then blame server admins for everything.

Finally, I think there's a bug with the C4. It's damage is currently pathetic. Firespray, standing about 500 units away in direct line of sight with the c4, lost only 55 health.

If he was around 600 units he might have been out of range of the instakill through-walls damage (which falls off quickly somewhere around 500 units), and the "normal" explosion damage might well be too low right now. Easy enough to test.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:53:54 AM by theGreenBunny »
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1163 on: October 27, 2009, 08:31:21 AM »

Are people actually being hugely successful with the gun or is this just your worbat-sense telling you this?

Ajunk has already found out that if you aim for a person crotch you can kill them fairly quickly with a good bit of distance between you.

I think it sucks personally but hey I have always prefered my Scout : )

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1164 on: October 27, 2009, 08:34:55 AM »

Ajunk has already found out that if you aim for a person crotch you can kill them fairly quickly with a good bit of distance between you.

I think it sucks personally but hey I have always prefered my Scout : )

Eh. Its overpowered in my honest opinion. If you can controll the re-coil with your mouse and know how to aim and when to stop firing and when to fire you can kill people by the dozens. I was on the map TTT_Thething and i was in the test chamber and killed 5 people in there. Each person coming in one by one by one none stop. I lived at the end with about 32 health left, till i stepped outside and got a shotgun to the face from my blindside lol.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1165 on: October 27, 2009, 09:22:15 AM »

Eh. Its overpowered in my honest opinion. If you can controll the re-coil with your mouse and know how to aim and when to stop firing and when to fire you can kill people by the dozens. I was on the map TTT_Thething and i was in the test chamber and killed 5 people in there. Each person coming in one by one by one none stop. I lived at the end with about 32 health left, till i stepped outside and got a shotgun to the face from my blindside lol.

You could do the same thing with the MAC10 though, or the shotgun.

The gun is similar to the MAC10 except significantly worse in every single aspect except firing rate and clip size.

I might increase the spread slightly anyway.

I didn't think The Thing would have this gun though, I guess Notary put in a weapon_zm_sledge for some reason even though it didn't exist before. Or an RPG that previously got replaced by an incendiary nade.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1166 on: October 27, 2009, 09:27:30 AM »

5 people dead in 5 seconds or so. Only one person escaped. Again, it doesn't need to be much just enough to make the bullets not so concentrated. If you have a high mouse sensitivity boost. You can counter the recoil pretty easily.
The thing has like 8 HUGES.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1167 on: October 27, 2009, 10:28:31 AM »

I checked TheThing and turns out Notary indeed relied on HL2DM entities being replaced in a certain way. So the box with incendiaries (RPGs) became a box with HUGEs. Relying on that behaviour was a really bad idea but I guess he placed his weapons before there was an FGD. Hope he updates.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1168 on: October 27, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »

Also my worbat sense has never been wrong.

my god
Killroy
Build Tester

« Reply #1169 on: October 27, 2009, 10:42:42 AM »

Apparently I'm very convincing. I managed to convince everybody that Wilson had killed Jossi last night, simply by standing a long ways off and shooting him. I also convinced Darkness that I had not shot him simply by running to the bottom of the tower on The Thing then running back up and saying nobody was there.

Do not believe anything I say ever.

I clicked on that link, but quickly closed the tab before it loaded upon realizing that the file name was whalecock.jpg.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #1170 on: October 27, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »

Do not believe anything I say ever.

Well I dunno, you're not very convincing...

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1171 on: October 27, 2009, 11:41:48 AM »

I will be adding a slower-firing machinegun soon, meant for mid-range combat. As it stands it does not beat the MAC10 or shotgun at close range (in fact doing about as well as a pistol) but due to being more accurate and easier to control it should beat them easily from a bit further away (without being accurate enough to replace the rifle).

I'm strongly considering having it use pistol ammo, because it does similar damage and pistol ammo is otherwise not used that much. More importantly I want to avoid a deluge of different ammo types. Due to the lack of ammo respawn mappers already stuff their maps full of the stuff.

To compensate for the added competition for pistol ammo I'd give traitors who spawn a silenced pistol an extra clip of ammo for it (besides what is in the gun) assuming they have room.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:43:41 AM by theGreenBunny »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1172 on: October 27, 2009, 12:04:19 PM »

If he was around 600 units he might have been out of range of the instakill through-walls damage (which falls off quickly somewhere around 500 units), and the "normal" explosion damage might well be too low right now. Easy enough to test.
He was pretty much across the street from the C4 in downtown, both hugging opposite walls. Anyways, through my fairly extensive experience with the latest edition of the C4, it's not strong enough to compensate for its 1 minute timer. The beep is fine, but players are surviving the blast like it's nothing.

By the way, the radar is an excellent tool and very balanced. However, one fairly simple to implement feature that I think is needed is a countdown until next scan (or until you can scan, if you're not on auto). Be it on the HUD (preferable) or in the radar tab, could you please add this?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1173 on: October 27, 2009, 12:24:07 PM »

He was pretty much across the street from the C4 in downtown, both hugging opposite walls. Anyways, through my fairly extensive experience with the latest edition of the C4, it's not strong enough to compensate for its 1 minute timer. The beep is fine, but players are surviving the blast like it's nothing.

And yet on thething it has killed people in the lab from the building across the street from it. I'll conduct some tests to see if everything works as intended.

By the way, the radar is an excellent tool and very balanced. However, one fairly simple to implement feature that I think is needed is a countdown until next scan (or until you can scan, if you're not on auto). Be it on the HUD (preferable) or in the radar tab, could you please add this?

Just look at the indicators. If they are not visible you can scan.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #1174 on: October 27, 2009, 02:23:09 PM »

But I'll turn it into a server cvar and then blame server admins for everything.

Do you mean the "Confirm" all together, or just for innocents?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1175 on: October 27, 2009, 02:33:39 PM »

Altogether. Though I'm not certain if or when I will add that cvar, because I think that once innocents have figured out they need to press the button (and other innocents also know a button must be pressed and don't get impatient) most of the perceived issues will have solved themselves.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1176 on: October 27, 2009, 05:02:57 PM »

Fake C4.
Does everything a C4 does but explode.
Instead it makes some kinda of fatoop noise.

Could be used for herding innocents towards other C4. Or other traitors ready to shoot people as they run through a doorway.
General scare tactics.

Could be used to increase team work.

Would appear as a green C4 on the traitors Hud.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 05:04:25 PM by worbat »

my god
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #1177 on: October 27, 2009, 06:04:59 PM »

But c4 can do all of those things as well, plus it explodes. I don't see the point.
Not a Rapist
Poster

Still not convicted...

« Reply #1178 on: October 27, 2009, 06:47:19 PM »

But c4 can do all of those things as well, plus it explodes. I don't see the point.

This, exactly.

While we are creating this mod to create something fun to play, making people here angry is a welcome side effect.
<br />
Then you'll be banned.
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1179 on: October 27, 2009, 07:10:10 PM »

I was just wondering tGB, but did you read my last post and what did you think about it?
I mean if you still want to look for another way.

I had a thought for the death conformation. It would always be automatic, so...

When a player looks at a body:
1. An Unidentified Corpse would always be one to an innocent, until they confirm it.
2. An Unidentified Corpse would always be one to a traitor, but maybe it could also say the players name under it, so that way they wouldn't have to stop and check.
That way innocents wouldn't be thought to be traitors if they forgot to confirm.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length