Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:12:19 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699084 times)
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1140 on: October 25, 2009, 10:10:32 PM »

What if you would make the traitor team a separate team. With regular voice chat making them talk to only traitors and shift would then be used to talk to everyone that is alive.

Also I've noticed that mattresses show up as unidentified bodies on thething.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:31:13 PM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1141 on: October 26, 2009, 02:20:21 AM »

tGB said changing bodies was out because players would lose all trust in searching. The equipment doesn't help that one traitor so much as the paranoia caused sets back the innocents as a whole.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1142 on: October 26, 2009, 03:27:34 AM »

The automatic innocent confirming dead bodies thing isnt really fair to the traitors. Unless you want it to be that way.

So this is what happened.
Me and C.Mong just killed someone. He checked his body and said he was innocent, but it wasnt confirmed. So i checked it and confirmed it. I asked him how he knew he was innocent and he said he checked, but obviously he didnt. So it was easy to tell he was it.
It is also easy to tell who is innocent by how fast they check. And the same thing if traitors dont.

I think it needs to not automatic for both.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #1143 on: October 26, 2009, 04:54:44 AM »

Traitors need a low power, high visibility laser gun which penetrates all walls to combat campers.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1144 on: October 26, 2009, 04:56:08 AM »

Traitors need a low power, high visibility laser gun which penetrates all walls to combat campers.

Or they can use the c4. Thats kinda the reason it is there.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #1145 on: October 26, 2009, 06:21:10 AM »

The automatic innocent confirming dead bodies thing isnt really fair to the traitors. Unless you want it to be that way.

So this is what happened.
Me and C.Mong just killed someone. He checked his body and said he was innocent, but it wasnt confirmed. So i checked it and confirmed it. I asked him how he knew he was innocent and he said he checked, but obviously he didnt. So it was easy to tell he was it.
It is also easy to tell who is innocent by how fast they check. And the same thing if traitors dont.

I think it needs to not automatic for both.

This. Either make it not automatic for both or just remove the option of confirming.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #1146 on: October 26, 2009, 06:47:57 AM »

that's true. I even took pictures but forgot to post them :o

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1147 on: October 26, 2009, 07:48:19 AM »

With regular voice chat making them talk to only traitors and shift would then be used to talk to everyone that is alive.

Something like this is planned, though I will attempt making the regular chat key still do global, even though behind the scenes global chat will be the "special" one and traitor chat the normal one. The idea is that if it then does the flashing thing when using the special chat, it doesn't matter because only fellow traitors will see it.

I'll check it out.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1148 on: October 26, 2009, 12:06:11 PM »

You know, instead of fixing it, you could make a "mattress search window" which is identical to the terrorist body search except it has categories like softness, stuffing, etc. I forgot who suggested that one day.

Anyways, I think TTT definitely needs more quirky humor. Now that the mumbling's gone, and mumbling was one of the most fun parts, it's definitely lost that element.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1149 on: October 26, 2009, 09:10:54 PM »

Here's the "What's a TTT? I'm an American and I am playing Borderlands. ALSO, FAT AND DUMB." update:

- Made traitors see the "Missing in Action" players: those who have died but have not been confirmed. Everyone wanted this for some reason and I tell Marge, I tell her, "Who am I to say no to these people?" is what I told her. "Their mouths are hungry mouths and they clamour for this." I say. Marge agreed, she knows I know what's best. Real darling, that Marge.

- Made death confirmation always manual, also for innocents. "I tried to tell them", I tell Marge, "I tried to tell them people is going to forget, they is." Marge nods and I tell her "They better be telling newbies about this or oh jeez" I said. "Oh jibbity jibbity jeez" I added. "I won't hear the end of it I won't."

- Added auto-repeat option for the radar scan, checkbox is enabled by default. This makes the radar automatically perform a new scan as soon as it has recharged. What I told Marge is "I add a radar, nobody uses the radar!" is what. "I know what I'll do, I'll make it easy as pie. Apple pie.", I said. "How's yer cousin?"

- Reduced radar scan delay/chargetime from 45 to 30 seconds. "The thing is, people these days is impatient! They can't wait for anything!" I tell Marge. "It's all twitter twitter twitter is what, not like in our day, in our day we wait for the bus all day and we was happy about it, right Marge?"

- Changed how traitor voicechat works behind the scenes, to prevent a team-voicechatting traitor occasionally showing as a voice popup for a fraction of a second for innocents (which could give away their traitorness). These changes might break things completely because I cannot really test them by myself. "Now the real thing is, people don't talk anymore. I mean really talk to each other. And listen, right Marge? I was talking to Claire the other day and I tell her everything! Everything! And she just stands there and listens and doesn't tell me anything about her cousins. That's people today is what. Sometimes I wonder what side she was on in the war I tell you."

- Added search icon for fire damage. I don't think Marge was listening either, I think she was lookin' at the fire in the hearth. Fire does weird things with Marge I tells you, it's not proper. It ain't right it ain't.

- Added the H.U.G.E-249 machinegun. It is not a very good gun but it is huge and shoots a great deal of bulleting, yes. It comes with 150 bullets, and there is no ammo pickup for it. It replaces the sledgehammer on ZM maps, and on HL2DM maps the RPG. Comes with search icon and award etc. "So how's yer cousins?" I ask Marge.

- Fixed mattresses showing as "bodies" on target ID. And Marge was still sittin' there staring. It was right creepy I can tells you. "Oi Marge!" I says.

- Fixed health meter sometimes showing a negative health amount after taking a bunch of damage. Turns out Marge was stone dead right there! Must've been for a while but I never knew. You ever heard anything like that, I think not. They's dropping like flies all round me! Scares the life out of me it does.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v261009
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1150 on: October 26, 2009, 09:24:58 PM »

Here's the "What's a TTT? I'm an American and I am playing Borderlands. ALSO, FAT AND DUMB." update:

- Made traitors see the "Missing in Action" players: those who have died but have not been confirmed. [i]Everyone wanted this for some reason and I tell Marge, I tell her, "Who am I to say no to t..

Woot, another update for TTT. I need to ask though... who is marge?
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #1151 on: October 26, 2009, 09:26:25 PM »

Yay a machine gun!

I had a thought for the death conformation. It would always be automatic, so...

When a player looks at a body:
1. An Unidentified Corpse would always be one to an innocent, until they confirm it.
2. An Unidentified Corpse would always be one to a traitor, but maybe it could also say the players name under it, so that way they wouldn't have to stop and check.
That way innocents wouldn't be thought to be traitors if they forgot to confirm.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #1152 on: October 26, 2009, 09:38:39 PM »

- Made death confirmation always manual, also for innocents. "I tried to tell them", I tell Marge, "I tried to tell them people is going to forget, they is." Marge nods and I tell her "They better be telling newbies about this or oh jeez" I said. "Oh jibbity jibbity jeez" I added. "I won't hear the end of it I won't."

Awesome update. Although about what I quoted above, I personally feel it shouldn't have been added for innocents too. I see no reason innocents wouldn't want to identify a body, and the fact most won't remember to do it now.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1153 on: October 26, 2009, 09:41:10 PM »

Awesome update. Although about what I quoted above, I personally feel it shouldn't have been added for innocents too. I see no reason innocents wouldn't want to identify a body, and the fact most won't remember to do it now.

Its because when a traitor looks at a body and it doesn't get auto identified then the innocents that are watching know he's a traitor because it didn't identify quick enough.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1154 on: October 26, 2009, 09:41:23 PM »

Oh tgb, my love for you never ends.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #1155 on: October 26, 2009, 09:49:04 PM »

Its because when a traitor looks at a body and it doesn't get auto identified then the innocents that are watching know he's a traitor because it didn't identify quick enough.

It's not often traitors identify unidentified bodies though. And, when they do I found it easy enough to just click confirm right away if I was being watched. They don't know when you open up the menu, you could look at a body, and not have pressed E right away.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1156 on: October 26, 2009, 10:43:03 PM »

The Para needs a larger spread.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #1157 on: October 26, 2009, 11:22:18 PM »

I want to sig tgb's entire post.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1158 on: October 27, 2009, 12:50:05 AM »

I agree with all above comments of me and worbat. Hands down!

"Here's the "What's a TTT? I'm an American and I am playing Borderlands. ALSO, FAT AND DUMB. "

Hey at least your not actually in the Netherlands, we still got to wait till 30th to play it. Why they do restrictions like this on a digital purchase is beyond me.
The bloody game is already on a butt-load of pirate sites. Any way excuse my rant, loving the update btw. Absolutely love the new additions.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1159 on: October 27, 2009, 03:59:02 AM »

Is there a way to make the Identify body close faster? Half the time im inspecting a body in front of someone to confirm his death and i start getting shot at and spam the close button and by the time it closes im dead.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length