Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:12:16 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699082 times)
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #1120 on: October 24, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »

Did anyone ever really use that in ZM when they went AFK?

I did.

I think I was the only one though.

I liked going AFK and then returning with a Z-score of 100 and *knowing* that I'd get to ZM

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1121 on: October 24, 2009, 10:13:25 PM »

Did anyone ever really use that in ZM when they went AFK?
I did, but just because it let me idle and collect ZM priority points for when I came back.

Anyways, AFKs are a bit of a problem. They clog up the very few number of servers. I agree that leaving your computer for a bit and then joining a bit late is legitimate, but perhaps players who have no responded for an entire round should be kicked.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1122 on: October 25, 2009, 05:27:36 AM »

While I realize more equipment ideas aren't exactly in demand, I'm just going to put this out there:

Poision which you can silently put into someone, one time use, victim doesn't realize it until a minute later when they die (not silent). No idea how one would implement it as a weapon (we don't have a model syringe laying around), but the strategies you could use with one would be awesome.

CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1123 on: October 25, 2009, 07:50:41 AM »

Ajunk's post gave me this idea. Decided to rewrite the post.

Tranqulizer Rifle (Traitor weapon)
While it is a weapon it isn't lethal but it does make its victims very easy targets.
PROS
-Target becomes dizzy and unstable for a span of time
-Target cannot read names of players while dizzy
-Target is bad at chatting and cannot use mic (simlar to mumbling)
-Medium range
-Silent shots
CONS
-Small ammo cap (1-3 max)
-Non lethal (no damage)
-Darts lose speed long distances (ie crossbow bolt)

What do ya think?

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1124 on: October 25, 2009, 09:56:38 AM »

Smallish update:

- Modified silenced pistol. Previously was identical to normal pistol but silenced, now has the following changes:
 * Very slightly increased damage
 * Increased rate of fire
 * Slightly improved accuracy
 * Less recoil
 * 16 bullets per clip rather than 20

- Made death confirmation optional for traitors when searching a body. They can press a button on the search window to confirm the death. For innocents, deaths will still be confirmed automatically.

- Added HUD icon for traitors showing where a C4 has been planted, including distance (much like the radar).

- Health levels shown for other players are now colour-coded from green to red, where "healthy" is green and "near death" red, etc.

- Extra health level between "wounded" and "near death", and "near death" now means he has 20 HP or less (instead of 35).

- Fixed flare gun kills showing up as knife kills

- Fixed items held by the magneto stick being USE-able, eg. a C4 could be armed while held.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v251009

Alters: there is a new material included for the C4 HUD icon (icon_c4warn).

edit: Just noticed I forgot to update the version number so it will still say it's v221009 in-game, when it's not.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 06:50:30 PM by theGreenBunny »
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #1125 on: October 25, 2009, 01:23:09 PM »

- Fixed items held by the magneto stick being USE-able, eg. a C4 could be armed while held.

Aww, I used this to attatch C4 to walls and do other interesting things. Darn. I still think we should be able to mount the C4 to things because a C4 hidden on a ceiling is neat.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1126 on: October 25, 2009, 01:58:54 PM »

- Made death confirmation optional for traitors when searching a body. They can press a button on the search window to confirm the death. For innocents, deaths will still be confirmed automatically.

I'd prefer if this would be the case for innocents as well. I'm not exactly sure how fast a traitor can identify a body when the need is there. And I probably should try it first before commenting about it.
But if it takes a few seconds to identify a body, the person that will be hovering over an identified body will be very suspicious.

Also I think it would be better if the traitors would share their kills. Right now you only see the people you've killed in grey. Why not make it so you also see the kills made by your fellow traitors.
They are supposed to work as a team after all.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1127 on: October 25, 2009, 02:29:03 PM »

Aww, I used this to attatch C4 to walls and do other interesting things. Darn. I still think we should be able to mount the C4 to things because a C4 hidden on a ceiling is neat.

One reason why it's the way it is is that it's harder to abuse. Innocents are more likely to have a way to access the bomb now than when I let traitors place it in weird ways.

I'd prefer if this would be the case for innocents as well. I'm not exactly sure how fast a traitor can identify a body when the need is there. And I probably should try it first before commenting about it.
But if it takes a few seconds to identify a body, the person that will be hovering over an identified body will be very suspicious.

I have considered that issue, but I think it's not that suspicious to be looking at a body without identifying it within 200 milliseconds or something like that. You could argue you were a little too far away for the search to occur, or were looking at the ragdoll, or doing whatever. The others can't see if you have your search window open.

The reason I would really prefer to keep automatic confirmation for innocents is that newbies or forgetful people may not press the button when they find a corpse and put their team at a significant disadvantage. With automatic confirmation it's also possible to very quickly do +use and press space right when the window comes up to just very quickly ID the body, which is useful in threatening situations.

If it proves an issue in practice, I can always make it non-automatic for innocents in the future and see how it goes.

So if anyone has experiences to share on this after playing the update, those would be informative.

Also I think it would be better if the traitors would share their kills. Right now you only see the people you've killed in grey. Why not make it so you also see the kills made by your fellow traitors.
They are supposed to work as a team after all.

Traitors can "manually" communicate this fairly easily though, and I kind of want to encourage traitors to use their traitor chat, because it can give rise to some tactical discussion on how to eliminate whoever is left. If everything is sent around automatically every traitor is more likely to just do their own thing without teamwork, which already happens a lot.
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #1128 on: October 25, 2009, 04:32:54 PM »

Found a small bug yesterday. Obviously his name was not A Terrorist, but it stayed like that for the rest of the round.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1129 on: October 25, 2009, 04:59:13 PM »

Found a small bug yesterday. Obviously his name was not A Terrorist, but it stayed like that for the rest of the round.

Seems like a one-off glitch more than anything, because it only ever shows it as "A Terrorist" if the ragdoll doesn't have a nickname stored on it on your client, which can really only happen through a hiccup in the engine's networking somewhere along the line that I have no control over.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #1130 on: October 25, 2009, 05:10:19 PM »

dm_island17 is a really good map for TTT

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1131 on: October 25, 2009, 05:42:59 PM »

Is that the one with the lighthouse? It's always a bit low on guns in my experience.
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #1132 on: October 25, 2009, 05:46:09 PM »

Few suggestions:

(1. When a traitor kills someone, allow the traitors to know on the scoreboard that he is dead. Just like how when you kill someone their name turns gray for you and only you, maybe you can make it so that your kills = gray and other traitor kills = (Insert color here). Its very frusterating when you've killed one or two people and you are looking for the 8 other people when its just 1 person locked up in a room.

(2. Put the "Time of death" and merge it with the first panel of inspecting someone's body. That one time when you need to make a split decision to kill that person in front of you can be made if the person was killed 0:05 sec ago, or 1:00 ago, and by the time you click on the time icon to see when he was killed you could already be dead.

(3. (I know its been mentioned before but..) Allow a "Spectator mode only" for people who need to go afk for about 15min and dont want to be a free kill / AFK traitor next round. There have been times for me when after I died I have to go do something really quick, the round ends, I come back and i was killed for being AFK and i was a traitor.

Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1133 on: October 25, 2009, 07:24:33 PM »

(3. (I know its been mentioned before but..) Allow a "Spectator mode only" for people who need to go afk for about 15min and dont want to be a free kill / AFK traitor next round. There have been times for me when after I died I have to go do something really quick, the round ends, I come back and i was killed for being AFK and i was a traitor.

There's a command for that, look above. Something like ttt_spectate or something.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1134 on: October 25, 2009, 07:26:28 PM »

You don't seem to have a firm grasp on list formatting style, but I do agree with you on the first one.

Even though giving traitors incomplete information does make them communicate more, it's just annoying. It adds nothing to the game. If traitors want to communicate, they will and will probably do much better. If not, they're not going to be egged on by not knowing who their friends killed.

Side note: It would be cool if there were phrases for ranges of time ago that a body died. Something like:
(0:00-0:45) "This body is fresh"
(0:45-2:00) "This body has begun to smell"
(2:00-5:00) "This body is slightly decayed"
(5:00-10:00) "This body quite decayed"
(10:00+) "This body is extremely decayed"

Fun bonus: For each body, you could add "Smells like X" and make a large list of random smelly things.

ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1135 on: October 25, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »

Also a bug I've noticed that makes people OBVIOUS traitors. Traitors communicate on mics through holding SHIFT. Sometimes even though they are pressing shift, for just a half second, you see their name pop up as if they are about to talk in public chat but dont. Everyone that's had this issue always ended up being traitor in the end. This bug seems to happen every once in a while and when it does i avoid these people and wait till i have evidence to kill them instead of killing them off the bat and winning the match for Innocents.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1136 on: October 25, 2009, 08:03:19 PM »

That happens due to a technical limitation in gmod. It only checks who can hear who once every few server ticks instead of continuously. So sometimes it slips through for an instant, just enough to flash up the indicator. There are things I could perhaps do about it if I could modify more of the voicechat stuff, but that's not the case either.

The only real solution would be just turning off traitor voicechat, which I don't think would be popular.

Even though giving traitors incomplete information does make them communicate more, it's just annoying. It adds nothing to the game. If traitors want to communicate, they will and will probably do much better. If not, they're not going to be egged on by not knowing who their friends killed.

It does add something: it makes it just a bit harder for traitors. But whatever, it's easy enough for me to let traitors see MIA people.

Side note: It would be cool if there were phrases for ranges of time ago that a body died.

People would have no use for these until they learned all the phrases. At most I'd use "about X seconds" and such, with X rounded to the nearest five. Not sure that's worth the effort though, times are times.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 08:09:14 PM by theGreenBunny »
ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #1137 on: October 25, 2009, 08:05:29 PM »

That happens due to a technical limitation in gmod. It only checks who can hear who once every few server ticks instead of continuously. So sometimes it slips through for an instant, just enough to flash up the indicator. There are things I could perhaps do about it if I could modify more of the voicechat stuff, but that's not the case either.

The only real solution would be just turning off traitor voicechat, which I don't think would be popular.

Something might show up down the road. Every update makes this mod better and better, small bugs are bound to happen in everything that is good.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1138 on: October 25, 2009, 08:34:07 PM »

People would have no use for these until they learned all the phrases. At most I'd use "about X seconds" and such, with X rounded to the nearest five. Not sure that's worth the effort though, times are times.
I guess I didn't make it clear at all, but keep the time. It's just something fun to break up the monotony, that's all.

Why is this not a problem with spectators?

Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1139 on: October 25, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »

Because once you're on the spectator team, you stay there. For the traitor chat it is based on what key you happen to be pressing, which may change at any time.

I don't really want to go into detail because that would become a really long post. I recommend learning some Lua, then learning something about Gmod, then reading the TTT sourcecode. Wherein all secrets are revealed.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length