Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:23:55 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699699 times)
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1060 on: October 22, 2009, 07:27:17 AM »

Isnt the c4, the anti camp weapon?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1061 on: October 22, 2009, 07:35:38 AM »

Isnt the c4, the anti camp weapon?

Yeah, but then we all realised that thirty seconds is much too long (or the radius is much to small) and that anyone can leave their building within the time and still get far enough away to avoid damage. Then they can just re-enter their nice little camping spot.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
PenisColada
Poster

« Reply #1062 on: October 22, 2009, 08:51:58 AM »

Are there any plans to shorten the after-round DM funfest? It gets kind of annoying waiting, especially when there's only one guy left (or nobody left at all)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1063 on: October 22, 2009, 09:42:14 AM »

That time is server-set, and people who want to need a chance to look at the round report. Seeing as I am one of those people, it is unlikely I will change the default value.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #1064 on: October 22, 2009, 11:26:33 AM »

Yeah, but then we all realised that thirty seconds is much too long (or the radius is much to small) and that anyone can leave their building within the time and still get far enough away to avoid damage.

That's why you should not run away from the C4 and wait in front of the exit for your victim.

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #1065 on: October 22, 2009, 11:55:38 AM »

Yeah; once he's LEFT the building, you shoot him. Easy peasy.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1066 on: October 22, 2009, 02:38:22 PM »

I've always thought 30 seconds was a bit too short, mostly because it's pretty much impossible to make use of the diffusal mechanic. However any longer and you'd have to be AFK to not escape by then. I mean you could balance it by increasing the through-wall blast radius, or by making the beep less audible, but...

...wait those could work.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1067 on: October 22, 2009, 02:52:55 PM »

I'm warming to the idea of awarding extra traitor equipment if they're doing well, but I need to think about the mechanics of it more. I don't think I will ever remove the restriction of 1 piece per dude, but I can think of many situations where in the endgame I'd happily lose my body armor in exchange for the radar, or drop a silenced for a c4.

That should do the trick nicely.

Also has anyone been able to record a demo in TTT yet and been able to successfully play it back?
I'm unable to load my source TV demo's as well as my own demo's that were made in TTT.

I just get the following errors

"Host_EndGame: CL_ParseClassInfo_EndClasses: class 174 not initialized."

2nd load try

"Host_EndGame: DataTable_ParseClassInfosFromBuffer: invalid class index (16384)."

third

"Host_EndGame: DataTable_ParseClassInfosFromBuffer: invalid class index (9220)."

and so on.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1068 on: October 22, 2009, 03:23:05 PM »

An update approaches:

- Added traitor equipment: radar item
 * Item, like the body armor, not a weapon.
 * Used by pressing the "scan" button in the "Radar" panel of the traitor menu, or binding a key to ttt_radar_scan (only works if you own the item, obviously).
 * Shows on the HUD the positions of every player at the time of the scan, including distance.
 * These positions are shown for 45 seconds.
 * You can perform one scan every 45 seconds. So when the icons go away you can do a new one.

- Made traitor menu ignore keyboard input, so you can keep walking while the menu is open.

- Increased C4 kill radius significantly, from around 350 units to nearly 500 (same distance units as shown by radar). The total radius in which you take damage regardless of walls is roughly the same, it's just more lethal. Also slightly reduced the range of the beep sound. In exchange, made the minimum timer 60 seconds.

- Fixed magneto stick being able to keep carrying objects that are far away (eg. stuck behind something).

- Fixed headshot flag not resetting properly, and therefore showing in a search when it shouldn't.

- Fixed words appearing twice for game messages (top right) that were a certain length and required two lines. As seen in "X found the body body of Y" messages.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v221009

edit:
Known bug, minor: flare gun kills show as knife kills.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 05:07:26 PM by theGreenBunny »
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1069 on: October 22, 2009, 03:34:30 PM »

Can you get the silenced pistol to look like a pistol kill?
After all with a silencer really make it look different to how someone died?

Could you up the damage for it a little as well?
Not much but enough so it can kill that little bit faster.

my god
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #1070 on: October 22, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »

After all with a silencer really make it look different to how someone died?

I'm all for shots to the back of the head doing more damage with the silenced pistol.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1071 on: October 22, 2009, 05:06:29 PM »

Eh, I prefer it as it is.

I think upgrading only the damage would mean a big increase to be noticeable, so I'd be more likely to give a smaller bump to accuracy, firing speed, and damage. Might lower the mag to 16 bullets in exchange.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1072 on: October 22, 2009, 06:30:22 PM »

That's why you should not run away from the C4 and wait in front of the exit for your victim.

Thats all well and good, except for the fact that there may be as many as thirteen other people in that building.

worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1073 on: October 22, 2009, 07:09:10 PM »

I think upgrading only the damage would mean a big increase to be noticeable, so I'd be more likely to give a smaller bump to accuracy, firing speed, and damage. Might lower the mag to 16 bullets in exchange.

That's also good.

my god
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #1074 on: October 22, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »

It would be reasonable, if the body of a terrorist killed by a flargun gets burned, so that you don't have to waste another shot on him.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #1075 on: October 22, 2009, 08:59:11 PM »

I thought it already did that.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #1076 on: October 22, 2009, 09:13:17 PM »

does it?  :S  oh, woops.
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #1077 on: October 22, 2009, 09:16:36 PM »

Why is it that in every server there's one person with supersonic c4 hearing? I can never hear that little beep until I'm almost standing on it.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1078 on: October 22, 2009, 09:27:52 PM »

Replaced the C4 beep with a recording that screams "C4 C4 C4 C4!!!!", I suppose.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1079 on: October 22, 2009, 09:29:10 PM »

Im just always listening for that little beep, and I have pretty decent hearing as long as my headset isn't being spammed by people discussing politics or religion or their penis sizes.

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 [54] 55 56 57 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length