Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:46:57 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699891 times)
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1040 on: October 21, 2009, 11:26:46 AM »

Are there doors where a grenade actually fits under?

To clarify, I'm not opposed to this idea, but I'd like to have a clear use case in mind in order to decide if it adds enough, and to test it on if I do implement it.

By the way, the word doubling bug in those messages has been found and fixed.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1041 on: October 21, 2009, 11:36:08 AM »

There is a form of underwater base map, that has a door that slides up.
The glass window in downtown gun shop.
Stealthily blow up cades with it.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1042 on: October 21, 2009, 11:57:01 AM »

Unlike HL2 grenades, TTT nades actually experience friction. You can pretty much get the same effect as a toss with a throw at the ground on a sharp angle.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #1043 on: October 21, 2009, 07:10:04 PM »

Are we to expect a release today?
Lost Hope
Poster

W.S Wankhouse

« Reply #1044 on: October 21, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSlIsXZZlsE

Remember to do Safety Dance.

Why did you read this? Read my post, i wasted my time to it!
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1045 on: October 21, 2009, 08:09:31 PM »

Since there is so much confusion regarding who is camping where, I was wondering, TGB, could you add something into the voice menu that would lay down a beacon of sorts, something that says "STAY OUT" really clearly? Something you could put in doorways that doesn't actually block anything at all, but that would indicate "there is a guy camping in here, if you come in here you will be shot". Nothing automatic, but something you can tell people to lay down manually? Or maybe a built-in spray?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1046 on: October 21, 2009, 08:41:10 PM »

Since there is so much confusion regarding who is camping where, I was wondering, TGB, could you add something into the voice menu that would lay down a beacon of sorts, something that says "STAY OUT" really clearly? Something you could put in doorways that doesn't actually block anything at all, but that would indicate "there is a guy camping in here, if you come in here you will be shot". Nothing automatic, but something you can tell people to lay down manually? Or maybe a built-in spray?

You think I'm going to do stuff to encourage camping?

Are we to expect a release today?

Nope. I did some stuff though.

Result of performing a radar scan:
- Innocent get red circle, fellow traitors green, number is distance.
- The indicators are static, in that they show the player's position at the time of the scan, and won't move along if the player moves.

You can perform one scan per minute, and this is also how long the indicators show. So when they disappear you can run a new one. As a result separate indicators are not really needed, and the new "Radar" tab in the traitor menu only has a "perform scan" button. That button only works if you have the Radar item and the radar is not "recharging". That Radar item works like the body armor, ie. it's not a weapon.

That's it. Pretty straightforward and should be useful.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #1047 on: October 21, 2009, 09:18:09 PM »

You think I'm going to do stuff to encourage camping?

No, but people are going to camp anyway. Might as well make it easier on the rest of us. But if not, that's okay. I'll just get a spray for when the urge strikes me.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #1048 on: October 21, 2009, 09:30:33 PM »

I like the new radar equipment although I do hope it won't run out of purpose as an equipment item.
As generally you will pick an item to kill with rather then go for the radar scan as its sort of a late game item that can be very useful when people start camping.
The problem with this is that you can only have one weapon in the entire game. By the time its end game you would probably have used up the equipment menu for c4 or something alike.

Perhaps allows the traitors to buy something from the equipment menu again after a couple of kills? This gives the traitors some extra motivation to kill others as well as allow the radar item be an useful item to get.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1049 on: October 21, 2009, 09:36:06 PM »

If it shows the position of everyone, then I already know it would be more than usefull to me on the larger maps for picking off loners who wander away from the packs that tend to form there.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #1050 on: October 21, 2009, 10:54:08 PM »

I'm going to say a minute is to long. Go for 45 seconds.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #1051 on: October 21, 2009, 11:23:43 PM »

I'm going to say a minute is too short.  Go for 1:15.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1052 on: October 22, 2009, 12:55:40 AM »

A minute is much too long. That means, even if you buy the scanner the second you become traitor and use it every minute on the minute, you're going to get just 14 scans. That is much too few. 30-45 seconds, in my opinion, would be more balanced. I mean, assuming you don't commit 2 traitors worth of equipment to just one person, you're not even going to have a very viable way of killing the camper once you know where he is.

That's kind of the problem I tried to address in this post. If someone's boarded up, they're very hard to get to during the round because they can call for backup, you don't really have a grasp for where everyone is, etc. Long and short of it is, they usually end up being the last ones you target. Now I used to be able to gather a mob of innocents to take them down ala burn-the-witch style, but my influence in this game wears away with each day.

So basically, unless they killed themselves out of boredom (and they never do, no matter how hard I want them to), you're going to be left against one guy in a bunker with full health, a very good understanding of the area, zero trust, and full of ammo. Even if you managed to kill everyone with full health, you're still at a disadvantage in the game deciding shoot-out. Due to bottlenecking, even having a teammate barely brings you to even keel. The worst part? You've almost definitely used your equipment up by now.

Alright I'll stop talking hot air, and talk potential solutions.

In this post I tried to nail two birds with one stone by making traitor equipment proportional to traitor success, so that not only would rounds progress faster in one way or the other, but traitors left against that one last camper would actually have that C4 to deal with the fucker.

However since that apparently didn't float many boats, there's also the idea I've been harboring to make a new general weapon (like the smoke grenade) which deals with campers. I have no idea what this weapon could be, but I know that in a camper-locked situation, the traitors have access to pretty much every remaining weapon.

So perhaps, if tGB likes the idea of a common anti-camp weapon, we could outline some objectives and constraints and brainstorm.

Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #1053 on: October 22, 2009, 01:19:42 AM »

A far more effective way to combat lone barricading and camping would be to adjust the maps, namely adding more than one entrance to rooms that currently only have one bottleneck to get in

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #1054 on: October 22, 2009, 01:21:31 AM »

You can't depend on every mapper to do this, and this mod is fueled by maps, so it's much easier to think of a solution which works across the board instead of alienating map types.

Also, the amount of work it takes to change 1 map so this problem is eliminated is <= to the work it takes to code a solution for all maps.

OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #1055 on: October 22, 2009, 01:35:02 AM »

I was thinking of some sort of gas grenade, but that doesn't really help. It's wasting traitor equipment on the possibility of dealing with a barricaded camper.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #1056 on: October 22, 2009, 03:49:24 AM »

A tool that lets the traitors know where EVERYONE is regardless of distance or obstacles and you want to be able to use it repeatedly?  Where's the balance Ajunk!
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #1057 on: October 22, 2009, 04:00:48 AM »

A tool that lets the traitors know where EVERYONE is regardless of distance or obstacles and you want to be able to use it repeatedly?  Where's the balance Ajunk!

You can't kill people with it.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #1058 on: October 22, 2009, 04:52:42 AM »

I had an idea. Maybe people who aren't very active (ie haven't move more then 10 feet every 30 secs or somthing) can take sbout 15% more damage from C4/incindary grenades. That way it discourages people from camping since they're more likely to die to C4 and grenades. Atleast so C4 can kill campers easier.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #1059 on: October 22, 2009, 07:23:36 AM »

Feel free to start a separate thread to brainstorm about an anti-camp weapon. I personally think you will be hard pressed to find something viable, and marphy is fundamentally correct. So because it could take a while and a lot of posts, separate thread would be best.

I'm warming to the idea of awarding extra traitor equipment if they're doing well, but I need to think about the mechanics of it more. I don't think I will ever remove the restriction of 1 piece per dude, but I can think of many situations where in the endgame I'd happily lose my body armor in exchange for the radar, or drop a silenced for a c4.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length