Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:53:39 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702781 times)
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #640 on: October 05, 2009, 02:00:27 AM »

I only use it for campers. However, every time as soon as I plant I hear "OMG I HEARD C4 RUUUUUUN" and everyone immediately evacuates, waits for it to explode, and goes back in.
1. Get prop
2. Plant c4 on prop
3.  ???
4. Profit!

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #641 on: October 05, 2009, 02:24:49 AM »

How does that work anyway? You put it down on top of a prop, then arm it?

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #642 on: October 05, 2009, 04:08:35 AM »

Yes.

Also, pro-tip for using it on campers: Either
A) Camp outside the doorway and shoot at people who comes out.
B) Throw a fire nade at the doorway.
C) Make sure they've barricaded themselves in so tightly they can't escape.

Anyways, I honestly think the ability to put C4 on an object and move it should be removed. I have, on multiple occasions, placed it on an object and waited until 10 seconds left before launching it at the blood test room, killing a minimum of 5 people. That shit is simply unavoidable.

Well, either remove it or increase the timer minimum to 1 minute + make the beeping louder, but that might nerf actual bomb planting to the point of which the prop version is preferable always.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 05:02:18 AM by Ajunk »

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Barbalute
Global Moderator

build test this

« Reply #643 on: October 05, 2009, 04:30:04 AM »

killing a minimum of people people.

Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #644 on: October 05, 2009, 05:07:09 AM »

Well people usually implies more than one, so the minimum is 2. In this case, people*people = 4. You also add one more since you used n - 1 terms, making a total (still minimum here) of 5. As the definition of "people" changes, the number gets higher obviously, but the minimum is 5.

For those unversed in this kind of speak, I've edited my original post to simply state "5 people". I have no regrets, since the original work can still be admired in barb's quote.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #645 on: October 05, 2009, 05:21:33 AM »

I think the C4 is fine the way it is honestly. I don't see why it needs changing.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #646 on: October 05, 2009, 05:29:57 AM »

Besides either allowing the bomb to always be moved or making it completely unmovable, I don't see a reason to change the C4. It's fine, besides its mobility.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #647 on: October 05, 2009, 07:07:26 AM »

Protip

Put c4 on breakable prop. Arm. Break prop. Volla.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #648 on: October 05, 2009, 04:01:24 PM »

Update:
- Ragdolls of players who died during prep are now removed when round starts.

- Player ragdolls are now explicitly removed on the client when a round starts. This should already happen automatically due to the fact that they were removed on the server, but sometimes ragdolls would stay around (recognizable by the fact you couldn't search them). Might not work because I have never been able to reproduce the issue.

- Shotgun headshot multiplier now decreases with distance from 3x to 1x, with the reduction starting at medium range. These are ranges where headshots are essentially random and could result in equally random kills. Close range headshots are unchanged at 3x damage.

- Fixed shotgun reload being glitchy when the reload was started due to the player firing with an empty gun. This immediately stopped the reload because that's what happens when you press fire during a reload. Now explicitly pressing reload is required to start one.

- C4 bomb carrying has been mercilessly destroyed:
  * C4 now does not weld itself to the object it is on if that object is light enough to carry.
  * C4 now increases in weight when armed, meaning you cannot pick up the bomb anymore.
You can still stick C4 onto tables and such and have it weld. Even when you happen to plant it on a barrel, innocents still can't just carry it off and dump it in a hole. However you also don't get to sling it anymore like a frag grenade.

- Spectators can now search bodies properly after all. Their default +use command gets overridden, but they couldn't do anything with it anyway.

- Specator "reset" key (for detaching from a player you are spectating) now bound to crouch instead of jump, so if you wanted to use jump to go up that now works.

- Weapon awards now a bit more performance-based: Removed single kill awards. Made other weapon awards include number of kills.

- Added fall damage sounds. Subtle, but they're there.

- Fixed round time remaining indicator going below zero when the time limit is reached.

- Fixed tooltips of the round report staying visible after the window already got hidden/removed.

- Fixed cosmetic issue of awards being positioned a tad too low in the round report window.

Trouble in Terrorist Town v051009
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #649 on: October 05, 2009, 04:08:17 PM »

Why? Everyone can see the words when they happen, or check their console if they miss them. It doesn't make a lot of sense to put them on the body either. I just don't see the point of it.

I also already thought about suggesting the same here. It's nearly impossible to check the whole console logs once you discover a body and most people aren't paying attention to the chat.

Last night I twice gave away the traitors name right before my death but nobody noticed it because the chat box is full of "I'm with xyz" "I see zxy"

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #650 on: October 05, 2009, 05:12:02 PM »

And people will regularly ignore you, or not trust you, or disregard the information for whatever reason even if you yell person X is killing you on voicecom.

But eh, I'll consider adding it.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #651 on: October 05, 2009, 06:25:50 PM »

Updated The Ice Cave. Just heard from 2 guys that the c4 kept exploding over and over.
I wasn't in-game at the time so I'm not sure what exactly happened. Probably just an one time occurrence.

Love the updates btw.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #652 on: October 05, 2009, 07:09:49 PM »

yes it was at the top exit to the helipad on canyon.

There were 2 explosions that just kept on exploding and exploding and exploding ....

until the next round.

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
Gamerofthegame
Poster

I'm after you, Worbat!

« Reply #653 on: October 05, 2009, 07:33:16 PM »

I don't think the idea was ever addressed but I imagined a map that was like the movie Die Hard. You have a series of objectives which require people to split up and do certain actions in a particular order. Stuff like cut the telephone connections, hack the computers, shut down power, break into the safe/discover the code, steal the contents, and finally escape.

All the while the traitors are attempting to take out the people enacting the plan. Half the time things might just go the normal TTT route and the objective never gets done and the map would be designed to accommodate that but at the same time sometimes people work together and try to get it done while fending off the traitors. Could be interesting at least so a win condition entity would be nice for that.

Fairly easily possible; Simple ZM-like map, and make it like country train where people not at one point (IE; the end) die. Then put a anti-traitor thing so they can't get through and boom. Not sure how it'd work out, though.

Also...

While addressing weapons; Can you revert the Mac-10 to how it was originally, now? The shotgun and riffle are now pretty damn deadly weapons in their own right, with the ability to hold quite a bit of ammo. The Mac-10 needs to expel the majority of it's magazines into a victim to get a kill, and it can only carry two additional magazines. Thus, the pros and cons of the weapon would be;

Pros; Pretty deadly if one can aim well, has a good range
Cons; Easy to identify (Unlike the Secondaries and the other two primaries, which look like each other, respectively), easy to hear, runs out of ammo fast.

Reverting it back means more of removing the kick back and such more then anything else - The crosshair expands when shooting, originally, and so on. That'd be just fine, now.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #654 on: October 05, 2009, 07:37:02 PM »

Are you kidding, the mac 10 is still one deadly fucking gun. Last night I killed 3 out of five people on a roof with it, useing one clip, and was gunned down during the reloading process. It is fine as it is.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
pieman
Poster

« Reply #655 on: October 05, 2009, 07:37:37 PM »

Agreed with eeny.

I made a sizeable contribution to everyones lives by existing. I want recognition damnit!
<br />[quote author=Sarge link=topic=9008.msg311541#msg311541 date=1250476349]<br />I think you're taking the whole serial killer thing way to far. &l
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #656 on: October 05, 2009, 07:47:57 PM »

The kick needs to be lowerd a tad.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
FBC
Build Tester

Forum Drunk

« Reply #657 on: October 05, 2009, 08:32:49 PM »

I believe the silenced pistol should do bonus damage from behind on the first shot, like a 20% bonus.

Just so I can assassinate dumbname silently in a murder hallway over and over again.

I hate everything that isnt boobs
except one pair of boobs which I hate too hate hate hate these are the boobs of betrayal
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #658 on: October 05, 2009, 10:15:40 PM »

I honestly think that the survivors should have no idea who is alive or not unless they talk, or see the person/body.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #659 on: October 05, 2009, 10:18:38 PM »

I honestly think that the survivors should have no idea who is alive or not unless they talk, or see the person/body.
Hasn't this been described again and again as a limitation that can't be circumvented?

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length