Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:02:32 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1701026 times)
TheCze
Global Moderator

O R'lyeh? Ia, R'lyeh!

« Reply #700 on: October 07, 2009, 10:16:07 PM »

I think the last words feature is not working(or the people who I checked didnt say anything at all)

Only then did the elves begin to suspect that the dwarves were not bringing any Amontillado.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #701 on: October 07, 2009, 10:31:53 PM »

*grumble* Where are these knife things.

Still awesome update. Good work tGB go have a beer on us!

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #702 on: October 07, 2009, 10:53:19 PM »

Some clients are randomly dropping from servers with this newest update. This is the error message in the console:

Host_Error: CL_CopyExistingEntity: missing client entity 233.
You simply disconnect and appear back at the main menu, however. There's no on-screen message to indicate what just happened. The error isn't always the same as the number of the client entity changes each time. I can't find a particular cause, but it's happening quite a bit and occasionally a whole group of people will drop at the same time.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #703 on: October 07, 2009, 11:07:18 PM »

As Marphy said, this caused my server to completely empty. I am unsure if it's my server, or the new update. I restarted the server for now in case it is that.
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #704 on: October 08, 2009, 01:10:35 AM »

That happened to me last night, just drop with no messege on Alters server...

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #705 on: October 08, 2009, 01:53:10 AM »

Body identification doesn't recognize suicide.
darkhazz
Poster

I just look like i'm interested.

« Reply #706 on: October 08, 2009, 02:28:10 AM »

Body identification doesn't recognize suicide.

[...] fell to his death. Do you mean that? Seems to work.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #707 on: October 08, 2009, 02:31:40 AM »

[...] fell to his death. Do you mean that? Seems to work.

No, when I type kill in the console and I kill myself.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #708 on: October 08, 2009, 03:22:01 AM »

I was thinking, an award for diffusing the bomb would be pretty cool. Of course you'd have to not be a terrorist, and the bomb would have to be set up by a terrorist, but I think it'd be cool.

Which reminds me, the current minimum time of 30 seconds is too low. The time for anyone to hear and seek out a bomb leaves them with less than 15 seconds usually, which is barely enough to get away with let alone diffuse with. Perhaps it should be upped to 45 or 1 minute, and increase the through-wall radius to compensate? Many camping spots (such as the stairwell in downtown) can completely avoid the blast radius anyways.
Mind you when you come out with your mastermind diffuser, all we know will change anyways. Just food for thought I suppose.

If you light someone on fire with the flaregun and they die, it counts as a suicide. Shouldn't be a hard fix, and possibly add appropriate flare and knife awards?

That's all from my test list, with the exception that I've heard a lot of people complaining about the knife detection. I got killed when it failed once, and it worked once, and that's all I know about it.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #709 on: October 08, 2009, 07:30:45 AM »

Host_Error: CL_CopyExistingEntity: missing client entity 233.

Hmm, my first thought is that it might be related to ragdoll removal, either the flaregun's or the clientside ragdoll cleanup from last version (or perhaps an interaction of the two). I can change some things to make sure it can't be those.

Has this happened on all servers? It'd be nice to exclude fastdl problems.

I'd also like to have an error message like this together with the name of the map it happened on. Then I can verify whether the entity index in the error is one of a map entity (eg. perhaps a box that was shot with the flaregun).

The nice thing about this error is that I cannot find any useful information about it. It's not in the SDK code so I can't see the cause that way, and all forum posts about it are of the variety "i get errar help fix yes plz????"

No, when I type kill in the console and I kill myself.

Can't detect that.

If you light someone on fire with the flaregun and they die, it counts as a suicide. Shouldn't be a hard fix, and possibly add appropriate flare and knife awards?

That will actually be a bit of a nuisance to fix, but it's possible. The problem is that the whole process of being ignited and taking damage is hardcoded, so I can't make the damage be attributed directly to the flaregun shooter. Instead I have to work around it, which is also why I'm not sure whether flaregun awards are possible.

That's all from my test list, with the exception that I've heard a lot of people complaining about the knife detection. I got killed when it failed once, and it worked once, and that's all I know about it.

I'll increase the range a bit at least.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 07:33:24 AM by theGreenBunny »
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #710 on: October 08, 2009, 11:55:01 AM »

Possibly mark the person on fire so that if they die of any causes other than fire, the shooter gets credit? If, scoreboard and events wise, that isn't so possible, perhaps flag the player while he's on fire and if he gets to 1 health during his fire, the shooter immediately does 1 damage to him through your own means.

Just tossing out ideas with little to know knowledge of how things work.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #711 on: October 08, 2009, 01:21:07 PM »

Already fixed it, including awards etc. It also turned out melee weapons were not being lag compensated, which is why they were so hard to hit with. That should be fixed too.

Will probably release stuff tonight.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #712 on: October 08, 2009, 02:57:12 PM »

So bugfixes:

- Made changes that are potential fixes for the CopyExistingEntity disconnect-causing error.

- Added lag compensation for knife and crowbar. Somewhat experimental, I don't know how stable lagcomp is in gmod. But then all the guns use it automatically so it should just work.

- Increased knife range a bit.

- Added awards for knife and flaregun and fixed their scoring

Trouble in Terrorist Town v081009

If the CopyExistingEntity error still occurs, I will temporarily remove the flaregun in the next release to see if it is the cause.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #713 on: October 08, 2009, 03:20:28 PM »

Quick question, how would I go about using scriptenforcer?
I'm using the clientscripts.txt that comes with the gamemode, but when I use "sv_scriptenforcer 1" the gamemode simply breaks.

Would I have to create a listenserver and create a new one or should  your clientscripts.txt work straight out of the zip?

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #714 on: October 08, 2009, 03:29:24 PM »

I believe for a dedicated server this would work:
- Join your server with scriptenforcer off
- In the console, use the command "scriptenforce_createmanifest"
- Your client will now hopefully have a gamemode/terrortown/clientscripts.txt file that includes all the legal scripts (including those from admin plugins you might use, etc)
- Upload that file to the server and turn on scriptenforcer

If this does not work, perhaps Alters can post how he did it on his server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #715 on: October 08, 2009, 07:05:57 PM »

Are people still seeing the problem with the CopyExistingEntity error and mass disconnects? I mean on updated servers only, of course. I didn't see any when playing earlier, so hopefully it's just fixed.
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #716 on: October 08, 2009, 07:48:47 PM »

I updated my server no more than an hour ago, I'll report back later tonight if the error is still happening.
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #717 on: October 09, 2009, 01:04:50 AM »

I played for several hours today on Alters' server and had no problems. No one else had any trouble either, so I'd say the issue is fixed.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Marauder8
Build Tester

Future Emperor of Antarctica

« Reply #718 on: October 09, 2009, 12:57:52 PM »

I somehow launched fur-cone up to the top of the map with my crowbar push.

THIS RAINCOAT IS FROM THE DEVIL
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #719 on: October 09, 2009, 01:19:23 PM »

Noooo The crowbar launching bug has been revelled.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length