Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 03:37:46 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702762 times)
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #620 on: October 04, 2009, 02:31:23 PM »

That'd be a bad thing?

Also, just had a thought, along with body hiding perhaps having a way to clean up blood stains? I'm sure there's a technical limitation to prevent this but it'd be an interesting addition if people were to fully hide a kill.

[edit]
Bug: if you are a traitor and have not yet selected your equipment but pick up C4 through the death or another traitor you can not choose any new equipment.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 02:55:42 PM by JossiRossi »

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #621 on: October 04, 2009, 04:31:34 PM »

Bug: if you are a traitor and have not yet selected your equipment but pick up C4 through the death or another traitor you can not choose any new equipment.

Not a bug: drop the C4 (or silenced pistol) you picked up to choose your own equipment. You can only ever carry a single piece of equipment at any time. It says so in the traitor menu.
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #622 on: October 04, 2009, 05:03:40 PM »

-silenced pistol needs a buff, maybe it a silenced shotgun or mac10(tmp) instead?
-DM at the end of the round needs to go, ruins the atmosphere

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #623 on: October 04, 2009, 05:07:36 PM »

Agreed. Could you give an example of what you consider to be 10 meters away in the game? I'd like to get an idea of how far that was.

Well in gmod, there's this neato tool called the measure stick. According to the measure stick, it was about 350 units away. Personally, I think headshots should stop being bonuses at around 350, but work completely for anything less than 300. As an example, 350 units is about the diameter of the charred round at the fire pit in ttt_thething.

Why? Everyone can see the words when they happen, or check their console if they miss them. It doesn't make a lot of sense to put them on the body either. I just don't see the point of it.
Actually I guess there is a point if you make last words not appear in the chat. However, I don't think I want to hide a rather fun feature away.

Well it's kind of fun, and not everyone's going to jot down who said what at when. I mean last night someone's last words were "C4-" before he died of C4. Imagine investigating the scene and finding that!

Eh, they're already in there. It says stuff like "A killed B using a deagle".

Yeah... I wonder why I wrote that down...

I think it would feel really artificial to be unable to shoot even though your gun is already clearly on the screen. And that would basically be the only way to do this.

Oh, so there's no way to stretch the pull-out animation then? Damn.

Pushing someone is an aggressive move.

I've been killed for moving someone out of the way who was blocking and they justified it by saying I "attacked" them, but you're right.

The crowbar currently does around 27 damage.
That's very strange, because on so many occasions have I attacked and hit someone with barely any health, doing what now seems to be literally no damage. I'll have to look into this further.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #624 on: October 04, 2009, 05:14:12 PM »

If people actually use the jump key to go up, it would be better to move resetting to a different key. Perhaps crouch.
I think this would be a good idea. Right now all the crouch button does in spectator is slow you down like you're walking.

One other minor thing: Would it be possible to add a real time time left and rounds left indicators to the tab scoreboard? Basically like the time left one in TF2, but knowing the number of rounds left at any time in TTT would be useful as well.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 05:30:29 PM by Marphy Black »

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
me
Build Tester

The dumbest name of them all

« Reply #625 on: October 04, 2009, 05:40:52 PM »

EDIT: Oh, forgot to mention this. The shotgun, in terms of long-range use, needs a little changing. Since the pellets are randomly spread, there is a chance that even from range you can kill someone in one hit. A good example happened just now as I shot at one guy with a shotgun from about 10 meters away, and he turned around and 1-hit killed me from full health with the shotgun (also from 10 meters away) because more pellets than usual hit my melon.

So, just saying, if there was a way to turn off or scale down headshot damage at range with shotgun, it would probably be for the best.

Ehjunk forgets to mention that he fired at the guy's center body mass, while when he shot I saw at least 4 pellets go into his face. It was a very legit kill.

I think if Sulkdodds and Marphy got into a fight the whole forum would explode.
I bung your mum.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #626 on: October 04, 2009, 06:43:31 PM »

I think this would be a good idea. Right now all the crouch button does in spectator is slow you down like you're walking.

One other minor thing: Would it be possible to add a real time time left and rounds left indicators to the tab scoreboard? Basically like the time left one in TF2, but knowing the number of rounds left at any time in TTT would be useful as well.

I just made the jump->crouch change. I'll add the time/rounds thing to the list.

Ehjunk forgets to mention that he fired at the guy's center body mass, while when he shot I saw at least 4 pellets go into his face. It was a very legit kill.

The question is more whether it should be possible at all. Right now my plan is to have the headshot multiplier slowly reduce from 3 to 1 as distance increases from within 200 units to over 400.

On the topic of random kills, I'm not too enthusiastic about a remotely detonated explosive. Perhaps if it has significant disadvantages, such as: much louder beep than C4, can be exploded by shooting it (no disarm stuff though), requires you to have visible detonator out to explode it.
me
Build Tester

« Reply #627 on: October 04, 2009, 07:29:24 PM »

The question is more whether it should be possible at all. Right now my plan is to have the headshot multiplier slowly reduce from 3 to 1 as distance increases from within 200 units to over 400.

Could you disable this for the rifle?

I bung your mum.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #628 on: October 04, 2009, 07:47:08 PM »

It's shotgun-only.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #629 on: October 04, 2009, 10:08:29 PM »

What about a remote c4, that takes 10 seconds to arm before it can be detonated (it still beeps)

I feel my suggestion was lost over the page.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
JossiRossi
Build Tester

Now touching you ever so slightly less.

« Reply #630 on: October 04, 2009, 10:30:59 PM »

On the topic of random kills, I'm not too enthusiastic about a remotely detonated explosive. Perhaps if it has significant disadvantages, such as: much louder beep than C4, can be exploded by shooting it (no disarm stuff though), requires you to have visible detonator out to explode it.

Get off my lawn you rotten kids!
Nah, he's just being 'correct'. It's just JossiRossi's way of dealing with it.

Indy Game News: Thanks For Playing.
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #631 on: October 04, 2009, 10:32:34 PM »

I was thinking you needed to have a detonator out to explode it, and a louder beep.

(thanks jossi, also I see your posting again.)

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Rotinaj
Build Tester

the brave

« Reply #632 on: October 04, 2009, 10:38:41 PM »

I see your postings too
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #633 on: October 04, 2009, 11:16:51 PM »

Not a fan of remote explosives, personally. The last thing we want killers doing is camping.

me
Build Tester

« Reply #634 on: October 05, 2009, 12:04:13 AM »

Could the minimum c4 time be set to 20 seconds? 30 is just too hard to work with.

I bung your mum.
Broadsword
Build Tester

Upgrade to Sheep-on-Meth Today!

« Reply #635 on: October 05, 2009, 12:14:07 AM »

1. Get prop
2. Plant c4 on prop
3.  ???
4. Profit!

LINE PIEEEEEECE!
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #636 on: October 05, 2009, 12:53:29 AM »

Could the minimum c4 time be set to 20 seconds? 30 is just too hard to work with.
I actually think it should be upped, 30 seconds is way too easy. You can really only diffuse properly if you get there with at least 20 seconds, and there's usually someone guarding it.

Remember, the C4 is for campers or large groups. If they're able to escape, you're doing it wrong.

Qloos
Poster

« Reply #637 on: October 05, 2009, 01:09:54 AM »

Ever heard of grenade cooking?  Yeah, you can do it with C4 as well.
me
Build Tester

« Reply #638 on: October 05, 2009, 01:31:19 AM »

I actually think it should be upped, 30 seconds is way too easy. You can really only diffuse properly if you get there with at least 20 seconds, and there's usually someone guarding it.

Remember, the C4 is for campers or large groups. If they're able to escape, you're doing it wrong.

I only use it for campers. However, every time as soon as I plant I hear "OMG I HEARD C4 RUUUUUUN" and everyone immediately evacuates, waits for it to explode, and goes back in.

I bung your mum.
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #639 on: October 05, 2009, 01:35:32 AM »

is it possible to place it on someones head, and then arm it?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length