Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:22:34 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1699629 times)
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #460 on: September 28, 2009, 11:52:10 AM »

So after TTT what project will we have to stalk you to tGB?

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #461 on: September 28, 2009, 11:53:53 AM »

- C4 will do damage through walls combined with the normal damage, at a lower radius than the normal explosion.
Brilliant and a bajillion times more simple than my idea.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #462 on: September 28, 2009, 02:12:08 PM »

I like the sound of the voice command idea. Hopefully it's possible.

Anyway, am I the only one who finds the silenced pistol worthless, even on countrytrain? If anyone sees you with it they are automatically convinced you're a traitor, and given the fact that people know which direction they're being shot from anyhow being quiet about it is pretty pointless unless, well, they have to type "I'm being shot at -location-". But other people could see them die and could figure out from bullet impact where you're hiding, and even if you run away if you're seen by anyone in that general location you're pretty screwed.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
ernesto
Poster

« Reply #463 on: September 28, 2009, 04:07:09 PM »

I had the invisible fire problem and corrected it by installing L4D.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #464 on: September 28, 2009, 04:14:28 PM »

They are specified in the FGD, but you'd have to get Hammer to look for them in the Garry's Mod GCF. You might be able to do this by setting up a custom game configuration in the Source SDK launcher that points at the \garrysmod\garrysmod\ directory, and then selecting it before launching Hammer.

My game configuration is exactly what are you talking about, game executable is $SteamUserDir\garrysmod and game directory is $SteamUserDir\garrysmod\garrysmod. Basicly, my configuration is Gmod configuration with garrysmod.fgd + ttt.fgd. Looks like my problem is that my configuration doesn't allow me to have css content in it. Even though I have css and there are css models in garrysmod_content.gcf I can't find a single file from css. Adding cstrike.fgd didn't help.

The fgd is fine indeed, I loaded it in actual css configuration and everything was fine.

So, the question is how to bring css in my gmod configuration? not only for ttt weapons but for their content - textures, models, etc.

Extracting css content from css gcf and putting it into gmod would be too frustrating - I believe I would have to recompile every model since that's not possible to just copy/paste them.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 04:32:02 PM by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #465 on: September 28, 2009, 04:45:53 PM »

I can't seem to map for TTT unless I used Ep 1 engine CS:S config, otherwise the CS:S stuff is inaccessible. It would be better to be able to use Orange Box engine, but I too can't figure out how the hell to simply get it to recognize both.
that guy
Build Tester

« Reply #466 on: September 28, 2009, 07:26:46 PM »

Fuck that asshole.

Fuck that guy.

:C

I want to know who was the first person to rub barrels, must of been an epic moment like discovering fire or your sisters vibrator.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #467 on: September 28, 2009, 07:32:03 PM »

I just looked around the Gmod forums, and the only "solution" people have there is extracting the CS:S content and putting it in the appropriate Ep2 directories. Apparently it works, but obviously it's not very tidy.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #468 on: September 28, 2009, 07:36:06 PM »

I just looked around the Gmod forums, and the only "solution" people have there is extracting the CS:S content and putting it in the appropriate Ep2 directories. Apparently it works, but obviously it's not very tidy.

linky?
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #469 on: September 28, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »

There's not much to link, just a few threads where people say "how do I get CS:S stuff" and other people reply "extract CS:S stuff", no specific guide or anything.
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #470 on: September 28, 2009, 08:13:07 PM »

I believe adding ttt.fgd to the counter-strike configuration and mapping for it then switching to Gmod configuration to make final adjustments in OB hammer and switching back to CSS to compile is the best solution then.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Laserhead
Poster

Unicorn Meat Production Manager

« Reply #471 on: September 28, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »

Im awful at this. As an innocent, I run around for a few minutes trying to figure out who the killer is, but once it becomes clear, the identical models mean I just get shotguned constantly as I figure out who that person is.

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!
Quote from:  " Pi Mu Rho"
Angry Lawyer is alive and well and probably in your mother's bedroo
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #472 on: September 28, 2009, 08:58:04 PM »

Once the killers are picked everyone's hp should be set to 100. Some maps spawn you in fire.

my god
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #473 on: September 28, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »

Once the killers are picked everyone's hp should be set to 100. Some maps spawn you in fire.

Agreed, I hate taking a damage because I walked over a prop or what not and then have to kill myself just to have 100 hp.

Also, I probably only hate it because 90% of the time I kill myself less than a quarter second after the round the begins

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #474 on: September 28, 2009, 09:02:04 PM »

And then don't respawn.

my god
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #475 on: September 28, 2009, 09:05:28 PM »

Well thats implied with the whole "After the round started" thing.

FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #476 on: September 28, 2009, 11:15:32 PM »

- C4 will do damage through walls combined with the normal damage, at a lower radius than the normal explosion.

Perfect, this has been bothering me somewhat as you only had to run behind a wall to be safe from the blast.
- C4 will attach to whatever it is sitting on when it is armed. This means it will not be moveable when planted on the ground until it's disarmed. Clever traitors may plant it on a physics prop they can move around, though of course any terrorist can then move it as well.

Also a good addition as you could easily pick the c4 up and throw it to the other side of the map with carry *the actual name slipped my mind..*
- C4 will get a minimum time of 30 seconds. Now that it is getting more powerful I don't want it used as frag nade.

Understandable, specially since it can now go through walls. I'm not sure if 30 sec is really needed, 20 might be fine already.
- C4 disarming will show numbers you got correct (ie. number correct and position correct, not full on mastermind).

I haven't seen anyone trying to disarm it yet but I suppose with the timer increase and the lethality of the explosion improved. Disarming it could now perhaps favour running away.
- Shotgun will get another slight nerf, probably a mix of firing rate and view punch

Good, the shotgun is currently a good all round weapon that excels at all ranges. It could very much use the nerf.
I've made the deagle a slight accuracy boost to make it the same as the pistol in that regard, made it fire slightly faster (equal to next version's shotgun as it happens), and given it a tiny damage boost. Small changes, can always do more later.

It really needs a buff.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #477 on: September 28, 2009, 11:30:15 PM »

An "I like those changes" could have sufficed.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #478 on: September 28, 2009, 11:46:53 PM »

So, sulk really sucks at this game.

Like he really really sucks.

let me give you a couple scenarios;

A. Sulk, myself and moo are the traitors. Moo gets killed fairly early on and I kill a bunch of people, in the meantime I learn that sulk picked up a rifle, shot at a guy a bunch, then threw it away because he missed. I give him a pistol and I have no idea what happeend to that, later he has a shotgun, but gives it away to someone when I make a nearby shotgun kill. Traitors lose.

B. Sulk goes into the test chamber after catbarf and someone else ask him to come be tested, he hesitates, says "You really should just shoot me" and pulls out a rifle and then lets himself be gunned down. Traitors lose.

I am sure he will get better given time but thats just kinda.... eh.

sulkdodds
Global Moderator

I AM THE SON OF DOG

« Reply #479 on: September 29, 2009, 12:20:18 AM »

I will freely admit that I am shit. However, in the first example, I never gave anyone a shotgun. In the second example, I am not precisely sure what I could have done to escape that situation. I suppose I could have protested that I thought their invitation was a trap, but I doubt that would have worked somehow.

if I were not Sulkdodds, I should wish to be Diogenes
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length