Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 11:58:53 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1700742 times)
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #440 on: September 28, 2009, 12:38:10 AM »

If you are killed as a traitor but still have the C4 bomb window open, you can continue to manipulate it from beyond the grave.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #441 on: September 28, 2009, 12:57:53 AM »

Well, this is just my opinions, but here what I think about the balance of everything:

Pistol - Up the fire rate just a tiny tiny bit.
Deagle - Fine.
Shotgun - Something to take it down a peg. Perhaps flick the screen quite a bit when it's shot.
Mac10 - Decrease the amount it flicks the screen by just a tad.
Rifle - Fine.
Fire Nade - Fine.
Smoke Nade - What is the point of this weapon?
Silenced Pistol - Fine.
Armor - Fine.
C4 - Needs to be powered up significantly.

[li]Don't let people pick up it (but maybe let the traitors pick it up if that's even possible). [/li]
    [li]Make a minimum time for it to explode (30 seconds perhaps).[/li]
    [li]Penetrate walls, but perhaps do less damage when doing so.[/li]

Seeing as this is a one time use, and it takes a long time to set up, and it draws a lot of attention to you, I think penetration is fine. You can use it to deal with the odd camper who is just so boxed in and simply refuses any outside contact.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
catbarf
Poster

Volcano junkie.

« Reply #442 on: September 28, 2009, 01:13:57 AM »

I agree with most of Ajunk's points, save two. I think the Mac10's fine as it is now, since it's pretty accurate with burst fire and even full auto can outgun shotgunners at medium range. If the shotgun is toned down (I say lower fire rate) then they'll be balanced. I also think that the minimum on the C4 should be 5 or 10 seconds- you need to take a while to arm it, so it's not like the victim hasn't had enough time to GTFO.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 01:15:59 AM by catbarf »
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #443 on: September 28, 2009, 01:24:31 AM »

I think what we need is an IED to replace it, remote controll bomb that detonates with the push of a button and can be disguised as any random prop. It's more terrorist-y.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #444 on: September 28, 2009, 01:29:37 AM »

I think what we need is an IED to replace it, remote controll bomb that detonates with the push of a button and can be disguised as any random prop. It's more terrorist-y.

I dunno; that's way too easy of a kill. I like the current system, where the terrrorist special weapons still require quite a bit of skill and luck on the terrorist's part to use correctly.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #445 on: September 28, 2009, 01:34:31 AM »

I dunno; that's way too easy of a kill. I like the current system, where the terrrorist special weapons still require quite a bit of skill and luck on the terrorist's part to use correctly.

It really wouldn't be all that easy, I can see it now.

You open the menu, click on IED, and then are presented a list of choices of common props. You click one and press "Give equipment" and then it spawns where you are standing. Now you need to lug this prop around and place it somewhere people are going to pass by, which is going to be a feat in itself. Then you need to hide nearby where you are able to see it with the cellphone weapon out, which also causes a problem if anyone sees you with it.

All in all sounds prett challenging to me.

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #446 on: September 28, 2009, 01:47:21 AM »

Shadow_Archmagi: Hey guys do you want this plant?

Group of innocents: OKAY :D

An Innocent has died!

An Innocent has died!

An Innocent has died!

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #447 on: September 28, 2009, 01:51:53 AM »

Shadow_Archmagi: Hey guys do you want this plant?

Group of innocents: OKAY :D

An Innocent has died!

An Innocent has died!

An Innocent has died!

It's funny because I once started a melon cult.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #448 on: September 28, 2009, 02:34:18 AM »

Can we global ban this Ice Fox kid? He's annoying as shit and he constantly whips props around, hurting and killing people.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
UnInvincible
Build Tester

SANTA SHAMBLER SEIZURE!

« Reply #449 on: September 28, 2009, 02:34:51 AM »

I thought physics damage was removed?

my game keeps crashing as it loads, (i have all the expansion packs including the apartment life) and i am hearing that it might possibly be a custom content problem? how do i remove custom content?
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #450 on: September 28, 2009, 02:51:33 AM »

Can we global ban this Ice Fox kid? He's annoying as shit and he constantly whips props around, hurting and killing people.

Fuck that asshole.

Fuck that guy.
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #451 on: September 28, 2009, 03:09:05 AM »

I agree with most of Ajunk's points, save two. I think the Mac10's fine as it is now, since it's pretty accurate with burst fire and even full auto can outgun shotgunners at medium range. If the shotgun is toned down (I say lower fire rate) then they'll be balanced. I also think that the minimum on the C4 should be 5 or 10 seconds- you need to take a while to arm it, so it's not like the victim hasn't had enough time to GTFO.
I agree with your mac10 point; if the shotgun was toned down the mac10 would fall right into place.

The c4, however, I don't think is good at 10 seconds minimum. If you can't move it but it goes through walls, that low time is pretty much a death sentence for people around walls. With 30 seconds they at least have time to think of something to do.

That IED idea is ridiculous.

Now this is insanely hypothetical, but it'd be cool if the innocents had a chance to disarm the bomb. Perhaps if you put in a code and fail, it tells you how many correct numbers there are.

Finally, one of the awards is missing the variable that puts the person's name in it. I think it's one that has to do with killing a friendly innocent. Oh yeah, and perhaps add awards for c4 and silenced pistol kills?

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Qloos
Poster

« Reply #452 on: September 28, 2009, 04:14:26 AM »

Now this is insanely hypothetical, but it'd be cool if the innocents had a chance to disarm the bomb. Perhaps if you put in a code and fail, it tells you how many correct numbers there are.

Agreed.

And now for a different suggestion.  What about a tracking device that could be fired out of a gun?  It could hit a player, item or prop and wherever that object goes it emits a loud beeping.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 04:17:36 AM by Qloos »
DemiGod
Build Tester

Nimble as a pregnant cow

« Reply #453 on: September 28, 2009, 04:16:05 AM »

I concur

I hate all of you
Nah, more like demigod isn't self centered and he is legality cool guy.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #454 on: September 28, 2009, 07:21:51 AM »

Status update about things that were mentioned, so you know what I already agree with. Most of this is not in yet (and there may not be another release until the end of the week). All of it is preliminary for that reason.

- Crowbar push will only get a long cooldown if it hit someone

- C4 will do damage through walls combined with the normal damage, at a lower radius than the normal explosion.

- C4 will attach to whatever it is sitting on when it is armed. This means it will not be moveable when planted on the ground until it's disarmed. Clever traitors may plant it on a physics prop they can move around, though of course any terrorist can then move it as well.

- C4 will get a minimum time of 30 seconds. Now that it is getting more powerful I don't want it used as frag nade.

- C4 disarming will show numbers you got correct (ie. number correct and position correct, not full on mastermind).

- Shotgun will get another slight nerf, probably a mix of firing rate and view punch

This is not the full feature list, just the stuff that was discussed here.
Andyp
Poster

« Reply #455 on: September 28, 2009, 09:22:59 AM »

Deagle - Fine.
Shotgun - Something to take it down a peg. Perhaps flick the screen quite a bit when it's shot.

I think ive already mentioned my idea too many times for greenbunny's liking, but i had the idea when i was playing the other day that if they switched the deagle fireing rate with that of the shotgun i think it would even things out a bit.

The deagle is an ok weapon but i find this is only for traitors who are being sneaky, like i often am, for innocents and traitors caught out its actually inferior to every other weapon, even the pistol. Afterall the pistol has a much higher accuracy and rate of fire than the deagle and while ive killed a lot of innocents by popping them in the head when they werent looking or were standing still, isnt that basically what you can do with every shooting weapon on this game?, besides the pistol's of course.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:24:23 AM by Andyp »

The true Anthem of England: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJNic_XSwBo&feature=related
worbat
Santaman

Fnar Fnar Fnar

« Reply #456 on: September 28, 2009, 09:39:31 AM »

Ajunk, why boost the pistol but leave the silenced the same?
TGB, says that they are identical.

Shadow:  Ben's secret name is ben

my god
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #457 on: September 28, 2009, 09:49:31 AM »

This would be nice to see models of weapons included in fgd, big red errors are a bit annoying.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #458 on: September 28, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »

Hai guyz.

I've literally just registered on these ZM forums just to start posting in this thread. TTT's an awesome gamemode, and I hope for its continued success.

There is one suggestion I would like to throw in though. I've noticed a handful of TTT players cannot or do not use mics for whatever reason. I can use mine until my girlfriend goes to bed, then I'm forced to type. This can be VERY difficult, as if someone randomly shouts "IT'S BLITZY!", I have to stop and type to say it's not. Which is hard to do when you now have 5 people with shotguns running up the stairs. On top of this, people with mics have the big advantage of "If I die, I'm with X." A typer has to stop and type, which makes him a sitting duck and thus, easier to kill.

I was wondering if a few voice commands could be put in? The ideal one would be "I'm sticking with you, X.", with X being the person you have the crosshair targeted over. Of course, the sound doesn't have to match, if we're gonna recycle HL2 voice clips. Just make the phrase appear in chat or something. And then just simple "Yes, No, Help", and the like.

------

On top of this, I have fixed my fire problem. As some others have reported, they cannot see fire even though they get hurt if they walk into its area. You need to force Gmod to set to a certain DX level.

To do this, go to Steam, right click Gmod, go to Properties and then Lauch Options.

Copy and paste this. INCLUDE A SPACE BEFORE THE "-"

-dxlevel 90

90 of course, is DX9. If you have 8.1, use 81, or if you have 8...Ah, you can figure it out. xD

Cheers, guys. :D
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #459 on: September 28, 2009, 11:48:24 AM »

The deagle actually has very similar accuracy to the pistol, just more recoil. However, I agree it is inferior to the pistol in most things except headshots, because the damage otherwise does not differ that much while the deagle does shoot considerably slower etc. For next version I've made the deagle a slight accuracy boost to make it the same as the pistol in that regard, made it fire slightly faster (equal to next version's shotgun as it happens), and given it a tiny damage boost. Small changes, can always do more later.

This would be nice to see models of weapons included in fgd, big red errors are a bit annoying.

They are specified in the FGD, but you'd have to get Hammer to look for them in the Garry's Mod GCF. You might be able to do this by setting up a custom game configuration in the Source SDK launcher that points at the \garrysmod\garrysmod\ directory, and then selecting it before launching Hammer.

Using CS:S as the active game would also work, but obviously you wouldn't have OB Hammer.

Another possibility is copying the weapon models and textures out of the CS:S GCF and putting them in your Ep2 directory.

voice commands

I've put this on the list.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:50:08 AM by theGreenBunny »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length