Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 02:48:57 AM
Home Help Login Register
News: Trouble in Terrorist Town? Site here, forum here.

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 232
Author Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode  (Read 1702545 times)
Erscheinung
Poster

« Reply #400 on: September 27, 2009, 03:36:46 AM »

Sigh I just gt RDM'ed on alters server.

By who? And I was I online at the time?
Also, to contribute to the thread, the new feature that prints out traitors names doesn't work. IsAdmin() is unknown or something, offhand I can't get the error exactly as I'm heading to bed soon.
Pestoolio
Poster

« Reply #401 on: September 27, 2009, 04:32:05 AM »

Sigh I just gt RDM'ed on alters server.

12 times in a row.

If I recall correctly, EVERY time I "rdm'd' you, you were a traitor, AND I had valid reasons to kill you.

CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #402 on: September 27, 2009, 06:57:05 AM »

Yes the bomb explosion radius needs to be much bigger. And maybe add some cool sound effects or effects in general for the c4. Also can you make it so the player models are totally random, not just everyone arctic, everyone leet ect. Thing I liked about c4 was just distracting people long enough to kill them. Finially don't trust Marphy, ever. Trapped in a shower for 8 minutes with no guns before someone blew up the wall.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 06:59:53 AM by CrazyChicken »

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
eeny
Build Tester

+1

« Reply #403 on: September 27, 2009, 07:54:11 AM »

Finially don't trust Marphy, ever. Trapped in a shower for 8 minutes with no guns before someone blew up the wall.

Ha, I remimber that. Weren't you the traitor though?

Nobody Expects the Malkavian Inquisition!
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #404 on: September 27, 2009, 08:19:44 AM »

Of what practical use ever is the bomb? It seems like trying to time the thing to go off precisely when people are nearby would be really hard, and the explosion radius isn't all that large; it wouldn't surprise me if just walking to the opposite side of the room would be a sufficient protection. Admittedly, it's fun now because of the "OH GOD GUYS SOMEONE SET US UP THE BOMB" sillyness while all the forumites are excited about it, but it doesn't seem very practical.

Yes the bomb explosion radius needs to be much bigger. And maybe add some cool sound effects or effects in general for the c4.

The radius is three times bigger for the next version, and it now creates a few fires as well.

I will be looking at other ways to make it more useful. At the same time once the radius is bigger people need some time to figure out ways of using it, good places to plant it and hide it etc.

However at this point I disagree about the grenades. I don't know if shadow has played the latest version, but the radius is much larger and fire will kill you. You can't however expect to throw it in the far corner of a room and have it kill everyone in there.

Also can you make it so the player models are totally random, not just everyone arctic, everyone leet ect.

Nope, it's good that you don't know for sure who someone is unless you see their tag.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #405 on: September 27, 2009, 10:41:44 AM »

An update:

- Added Last Words: when you die with text in your chatbox it gets sent with "--" appended. Sadly it's not possible to automatically close your chatbox afterwards, but you can use ESC for that or just mumble it out.
I just realized that this will also occur if a traitor is using teamchat, but perhaps that's actually not so bad (can't easily prevent it anyway).

- Fixed code that made traitor streaks less likely to actually work

- Removed ULX admin plugin's /me command by removing their hook if it exists at the start of a round. This is ugly but ULX does not offer any way of disabling it otherwise (insert series of expletives aimed at ULX creators), and it allows people to circumvent mumbling.

- Increased C4 radius by a factor of almost three. Also made the explosion throw out some burning bits that also explode after a few seconds.

- Made spectator keys usable for all spectators instead of just killed people (ie. late joiners as well)

- Fixed error in teamkill "award" that made it possible for it to be given to players who had not tk'd

- Made smoke from smoke grenade not affected by light sources. Should increase FPS a bit with the only consequence that smoke is always dark on all maps.

- Fixed minor issue with incendiary grenade's fire handling entities not being invisible

Trouble in Terrorist Town v270909

This won't be a day like yesterday, there will only be a second version if something is broken badly enough.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 10:44:14 AM by theGreenBunny »
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #406 on: September 27, 2009, 11:54:07 AM »

Lovely, also regarding "Fixed code that made traitor streaks less likely to actually work"

I assume there's still a more then slight chance that they become the traitor again, this is to prevent any traitors from automatically be called innocent next round.
By the sound of it, it looks like the randomizing has been improved which I can only cheer for.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #407 on: September 27, 2009, 12:32:39 PM »

Yes, traitors just have a smaller probability of being traitor next round, compared to innocents. It's still very much possible for traitors to be selected twice in a row and players can't rely on it not being the case. It just won't happen as often, which as a side effect will give more people a chance to be traitor and such.
mysquirrel
Poster

VIDEO GAMES MADE ME DO IT

« Reply #408 on: September 27, 2009, 02:28:50 PM »

I just thought about making the bomb alot stronger, and increase the countertime automaticly, and reduce the disarm digits to two, so there become a need for disarming it and when it gets disarmed the tratiors name gets reveald.

Edit: Maybe make the explosion releated to the timer, the bigger the timer the bigger the explosion?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 02:31:58 PM by mysquirrel »

I AM THE DEV SUMMONER

My fingers are itching to reward you with a ban for reporting this.
Soduka
Poster

« Reply #409 on: September 27, 2009, 02:39:41 PM »

Updated.
OctaneHugo
Build Tester

hey, prince, you need a shave

« Reply #410 on: September 27, 2009, 02:44:25 PM »

Edit: Maybe make the explosion releated to the timer, the bigger the timer the bigger the explosion?

Uggggghhhh noooo. It's hard enough to get the bomb set up to cause damage without killing yourself, let alone actually baby sitting the thing for 5 minutes.

It's basically just like keeping your baby teeth when they fall out, except its a foot.
Milo
Build Tester

« Reply #411 on: September 27, 2009, 02:46:51 PM »

If possible, could you add a mechanic where if you kill a traitor who has planted a bomb, you get the code which he armed the bomb with? This would be pretty useful.
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #412 on: September 27, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »

I heard that if you are the traitor and use the menu just before you die, that you can buy something when you respawn next round.

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Finparasite
Build Tester

« Reply #413 on: September 27, 2009, 03:38:09 PM »

Woah! I've been gone on a trip for 3 days and when I come back I find a plesant surprise! 4 new versions have been relased!
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #414 on: September 27, 2009, 04:05:33 PM »

two minutes into the game, i saw two people in a gunfight and shot the one i suspected.

i was wrong.

i shot the other guy, killing a tratior.

someone shot me, thinking "oh shit shadow is on a rampage'

these events took place and left me dead at 2 minutes into the game; the round went on for another ten minutes; i spent over four times as long dead as i did alive and this isn't exactly an atypical thing to happen for anyone and it isn't a matter of skill but just the way that the game is played; some people will be shot before others.

i really wish that being killed sucked less; some form of tratior amusment would be great.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/brindlemovienight Movies! Xcoms!
"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
Bad King Urgrain
Administrator

« Reply #415 on: September 27, 2009, 04:20:36 PM »

If possible, could you add a mechanic where if you kill a traitor who has planted a bomb, you get the code which he armed the bomb with? This would be pretty useful.

Good idea.

Theoretically a traitor can plant multiple bombs, but in that case it'd be the last code he used.

I heard that if you are the traitor and use the menu just before you die, that you can buy something when you respawn next round.

I checked, and this is not possible unless you happen to be traitor next round. You can keep the menu around when you die and click things all you want, but you will never receive something if you are not a traitor. The server checks before it gives you anything.

i really wish that being killed sucked less; some form of tratior amusment would be great.

All these minigames people suggest would keep them entertained for about 3 TTT matches (and doesn't Steam have some built in?).

I'm not sure there is a solution.

It personally doesn't bother me much, but then I'm usually busy enough trying to decipher five people talking to me at once about potential features and bugs.
Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #416 on: September 27, 2009, 04:35:13 PM »

All these minigames people suggest would keep them entertained for about 3 TTT matches (and doesn't Steam have some built in?).

Steam doesn't have builtin minigames, but it does have a builtin internet browser which is, in my experience, extremely slow and buggy. And while, yeah, playing tetris would get old, even once it was old and boring it'd still be less boring than just watching ubercharged hide in a shed.

I admit though, that it is a tricky problem.

"You died a noble death. Also, if that baby that was always near you was yours, it died a noble death too."
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #417 on: September 27, 2009, 04:39:14 PM »

Just run windowed.

Anyway regarding the traitor menu here's what I gathered.
Apparently the person wouldn't get the traitor menu during the traitor duration, and when that person died the menu showed up and could use an item on respawn.
It sounds like a random vague happening nor do I think there's much debugging info to gather from this.

Shadow_Archmagi
Build Tester

Zeppking

« Reply #418 on: September 27, 2009, 04:41:45 PM »

Just run windowed.

That causes more problems than it solves, IME

Marphy Black
The Best Forum Member

Let's go kick some civilian ass!

« Reply #419 on: September 27, 2009, 05:22:28 PM »

and doesn't Steam have some built in?
Used to.

"You are what I eat,
So much flesh, so much meat...
"
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Revenant100
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 232
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: Trouble in Terrorist Town - a GMod gamemode « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length