Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 19, 2024, 09:07:31 PM
Home Help Login Register
News: Zombie Master 2 discussion

Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_TheThing_b4
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Author Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_TheThing_b4  (Read 80159 times)
Sands
Poster

« Reply #140 on: November 08, 2009, 01:18:35 AM »

All of the physics data that the server must handle causes some problems (I.E. all of the boards in the warehouse) neat idea though.

Just my two cents.
Probably irrelevant to the crash however.

Some say that he's allergic to the Dutch and that he only knows two facts about Ducks and they both are wrong.

All we know is...
Notary
Poster

United forever for friendship and labour

« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »

Beta 3 released

Download

1) Probably fixed crash.

2) Added underground tunnels where only traitors have access to:

1. There is a flying saucer in the centre of these tunnels. As a traitor, you may fix it and fly away to win. However, you have to bring 7 items:

- Engine
- Propane tank (NOT nerve gas). Propane tank is the orange one.
- Melon
- Battery
- Fuel can (red or grey, no difference)
- Radio
- Dead body of an innocent person. If you shoot your fellow traitor underground this will not work! A body has to be brought from outdoors.

Items can be found at main and small warehouses, some of them may be outdoors. Melons can be found in the kitchen and small warehouse.

2. Once you bring all the items underground you may press a button at the flying saucer and it will leave. From this moment traitors have already won. You may enjoy a scripted scene before winning.

3. The doors leading to the underground can be opened only by traitors. There are three dors leading underground:

- In the tool shed

- In this building

- In this new building

4. To open the door as a traitor you have to stand directly in front of the button. Not left or right, directly in front of it, you should be very close to it.

5. If you are a traitor and asked to press the button you may press an empty space around it, no one will notice the difference.

3) Fixed event that could break traitorchecker (hopefully this is the last one)

4) Crowbar is useless for opening doors and pressing buttons.

5) Two models that are randomly chosen at the begining of the round - arctic terrorist or elite combine souldier.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 06:57:43 PM by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
FF|NedStar
Poster

Look into my eyes.

« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2009, 06:29:56 PM »

Genious
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 01:26:45 AM by FF|NedStar »

You're so buttmad faggot an admin who rdms and ghosts and lets his friends aimbot what a classy faggot, thank god half your server consists of asslickers otherwise nobody would play on your shitty server.
Secone
Build Tester

Welcome to the Church of Rock and Roll!

« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2009, 07:31:10 PM »

Looks good, but I can't see the UFO actually being used because it seems far too difficult to get all of those items into the UFO area without being caught

Worbat: When we're playing I love to hear him scream as I rape his ass 
9:19 PM - Nel: Why is my 16 year old son married to a 20 year old man
Citizen: I want to see Morpheus' big black penis damn it!
Citizen_001: I JUST WANT TO HIT A BABY
Notary
Poster

« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2009, 08:04:04 PM »

There are lots of alternative ways around the map, you don't have to go where most players do. Think of what way to use before attempting to do the objective. Put an item, look around the corner, then move. Don't forget about breakable windows, putting ladders - they are good alternative ways as well.

Out of all times I was placing bombs in betas 1-2 all were successful and it was too late until someone realised it all was going to blow up.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Darkest_97
Poster

Hi.

« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2009, 09:24:00 PM »

Holy crap Notary!
Can't wait to play it.
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2009, 09:59:06 PM »

Wow this update is epic.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
ball2hi
Poster

~Xbye, manipulation, deception, destruction.

« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2009, 10:42:47 PM »

- Dead body of an innocent person. If you shoot your fellow traitor underground this will not work! A body has to be brought from outdoors.

Doesnt work. Corpse refuses to go in.
- Fuel can (red or grey, no difference)
Doesnt work. Gas can dissapear once it touches the "Ghost item" but doesn't appear solid. EDIT -nvm. Takes multiple gas tanks.

Also, the doors to the "Traitor Only" area can be opened by anyone. Pressing the button doesnt open the door but pressing the door opens it by innocent or traitor.

Also, the tunnels in the underground are so buggy. You get stuck on edges where you can only get out if an admin gets u out and there are holes in the tunnel to which u can see out the map.

Also, the building near the elevator with the 3 bathroom stalls. You need to fix those. if someone goes in and close the door there is no way to get into that stall and kill them because if u try and open the door, their body stops it from moving period.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 11:08:37 PM by ball2hi »
CrazyChicken
Poster

Beep Beep Boop

« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2009, 03:54:13 AM »

Yeah the new update is pretty broken. Since innocents can go into the UFO area they spend the whole round trying to set it up lots of people get stuck in the UFO tunnels as well. There was a funny moment where I planted the C4 on top of the UFO and killed every body except 3 innocents I didn't get enough time to run away from the C4 since several innocents had tried to defuse it and failed.

Most Neutral Poster
Release: ZM_BlackMesa1, TTT_Bank, TTT_Backalley
All my maps start with "B" hmm...
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2009, 05:54:25 AM »

I feel like you're filling this map with too many mechanics. b2 by itself feels crowded (mechanics-wise), and now you're adding this UFO madness?

If you want my honest opinion, I say this map needs less. Remove some of the superfluous buildings, remove the ladder mechanic (or have them spawn in position, whatever), etc. It just seems like you need to make another map and use your ideas on that instead of stuffing them in here. No offence, they're great ideas, but I've also been noticing a lot more physics/invisible/etc. glitches on top of new players being completely baffled.

You're all the most fucking heartless people
Notary
Poster

« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2009, 11:46:50 AM »

Fix released

Download

1. Pressing the button doesnt open the door but pressing the door opens it by innocent or traitor.

2. Also, the tunnels in the underground are so buggy. You get stuck on edges where you can only get out if an admin gets u out and there are holes in the tunnel to which u can see out the map.

1. You have to stand exactly right in front of it, as close as possible. I made the area you have to stand within to open the door wider but still you have to stand right in front of button. This is to prevent exploiting of it.

Wrong:

Correct:

2. I could go through all tunnels without any trouble. I made them a bit wider in the fixed version.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 11:50:48 AM by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #151 on: November 30, 2009, 12:13:29 AM »

There seriously needs to be a way to get rid of the dynamite in the testing chamber other than someone dying.

Blitzy!
Poster

« Reply #152 on: November 30, 2009, 02:06:20 AM »

Still having problems of people getting stuck in the tunnels, even on the fixed version.  :(
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #153 on: November 30, 2009, 02:27:23 AM »

There really needs to be a way to get rid of dynamite that's in the tester without killing someone.

That said, the UFO objective is fucking retarded. The amount of retarded crawling you have to do is a stupid mess of displacements you can't help but getting stuck in is retarded, not to mention the fact that you have to being a fucking glitchy ass ragdoll through the whole thing. Even to get out of the UFO chamber you have to do seriously retarded crouching, jumping, and other shit. Why? Are you not allowed to give traitors room to move around at all.

Not only is the objectively currently more difficult than killing all the innocents with a crowbar by yourself, but it also appears the map has reached the point where there's so many entities everything (especially ragdoll related things) fucks up at random.

Conclusion: Get rid of the stupid thing or remove the retarded ice nightmare tunnel. Just make steel corridors that you can walk around in.

ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #154 on: November 30, 2009, 03:46:59 AM »

There really needs to be a way to get rid of dynamite that's in the tester without killing someone.

That said, the UFO objective is fucking retarded. The amount of retarded crawling you have to do is a stupid mess of displacements you can't help but getting stuck in is retarded, not to mention the fact that you have to being a fucking glitchy ass ragdoll through the whole thing. Even to get out of the UFO chamber you have to do seriously retarded crouching, jumping, and other shit. Why? Are you not allowed to give traitors room to move around at all.

Not only is the objectively currently more difficult than killing all the innocents with a crowbar by yourself, but it also appears the map has reached the point where there's so many entities everything (especially ragdoll related things) fucks up at random.

Conclusion: Get rid of the stupid thing or remove the retarded ice nightmare tunnel. Just make steel corridors that you can walk around in.

He needs to remove it completely imho. The "Traitor only" area is annoying. I was chasing a traitor down and he opens one of these things and escapes though the tunnels. Me being innocent, I couldn't follow him and kill him. He ended up getting out one of the other places and wont he round because no one could kill him because he kept using the tunnels to travel and not be hit.

Also, Dynamite in tester is great, but EVERYONE is abusing it. Innocents are stacking dynamite inside the room in the tester and putting new dynamite in every time someone needs to be tested. Also if someone puts it in that is innocent, or traitor, we can never test anyone again UNLESS we sacrafice someone to the testing chamber gods.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 03:48:19 AM by ball2hi »
C.Mong
Poster

DNR Owner

« Reply #155 on: November 30, 2009, 08:16:49 AM »

This is everything I came into the thread to say, basically.

www.dnr-gaming.com
Notary
Poster

« Reply #156 on: November 30, 2009, 09:35:39 AM »

Still having problems of people getting stuck in the tunnels, even on the fixed version.

Post some screenshots of where you get stuck. I'm really surprised that this happens, I never get stuck travelling through tunnels.

If you dislike traitor tunnels just don't use them - I do not force players to use anything in the map, that's a matter of taste.

If someone is carrying a bomb that means that person wants you to be dead and has to be shot immediately no matter whether he is traitor or innocent. If he succeeds planting it this is your fault you didn't prevent him from doing that. Player carrying a bomb = player shooting you.

How to deal with traitors travelling tunnels:

- I forgot mentioning that placing all the bombs blows up the traitor tunnels as well.
- Make sure tool shed doors are closed - he won't be able to open them from inside.
- Guard one of the tunnel doors, or at least be around it. Perhaps hide somewhere around.
- Stay at the warehouses and see if anyone steals stuff from them.
- Shoot or follow anyone who's carrying things needed for UFO.
- Use camera room, all these tunnel entrances can be seen from it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:37:14 AM by Notary »

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Ajunk
Build Tester

ಠ_ಠ

« Reply #157 on: November 30, 2009, 01:08:33 PM »

I think you missed the part where getting the UFO together is impossible.

I'm dead serious when I ask: Why do you force the traitors to crawl through the most annoying and difficult routes ever to do this? I can't think of a single good reason.

ball2hi
Poster

« Reply #158 on: November 30, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »

If someone is carrying a bomb that means that person wants you to be dead and has to be shot immediately no matter whether he is traitor or innocent. If he succeeds planting it this is your fault you didn't prevent him from doing that. Player carrying a bomb = player shooting you.

Because its totally easy to kill someone before the round starts. On the server I play on there are 2-3 people before the round even starts picking up bombs and putting them in / near the tester. Then when you kill them for planting the bomb in there they say "DUDE WHY U RDM TROLL!". Then you have to explain that its a traitor objective, just like how setting the cafeteria on fire, or planting bombs on the few barrel locations, is a traitor objective. Then you get someone who says "I do it all the time, its not traitor activity."
Notary
Poster

« Reply #159 on: November 30, 2009, 03:15:02 PM »

Putting bombs at round start when traitors and innocents have not been picked up is obvious trolling. In other situations players have to use common sense: putting a bomb on top of radioactive barrels totally doesn't look like a peaceful move. Map stuff is not traitor activity exactly since anyone can do that, but that is something worth to be shot for. Whether you know what's that for or not you can realise this is not for peaceful intentions.

Made in the USSR

My level design gallery
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10
Zombie Master  |  Other  |  Trouble in Terrorist Town  |  Topic: [RELEASE] TTT_TheThing_b4 « previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length